• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

"Aye, if they weren't friendly I wouldn't be buyin' and sellin' from there." Og said, "They're fine, aye. A lil' nuts, but the people do what they do. They're quite religious though. They praise a death god, Y'see. Calls emself Set, aye."

"Aye, if they weren't friendly I wouldn't be buyin' and sellin' from there." Og said, "They're fine, aye. A lil' nuts, but the people do what they do. They're quite religious though. They praise a death god, Y'see. Calls emself Set, aye."

"Ah, so there's a god around here?" David asked.

"Does he like, interact with the people? I've met a few...uh..gods I guess, so I'm kinda curious if we can see Set for ourselves"

"Ain't go no idea." Og said bluntly, "At least I haven't seen em', if the damn thing even exists. I doubt it though, it ain't like them prophets be spittin' any truths, just preachin' and preachin' till the sandstorms stop their trek of destruction, aye."

David shrugged.

"That's fair. I guess just because some gods exist in the dreamworld, don't mean they all do" David said, scratching his head.

"Wait....so like these people. How the hell do they even live in this desert? between the sun falling and the crazy strong sandstorms, I wouldn't expect anyone to like, actually be capable of living out here unless they're super-strong themselves."

"Now, that be a question I've been asking myself for quite some time since I got here..." Og said, "Some O' them say there be a wandering woman takin' out them monsters and distributing food and drink, and the sun thing only happened a few weeks ago, aye."

"That be him, yeah," Og said, nodding at Draedon's statement. "But as I said, the chances the man ain't some Ol' fairy tale in this world be high. This ain't Egypt, after all. It's probably just some copy of it, or an entirely different place, aye."

"Now, that be a question I've been asking myself for quite some time since I got here..." Og said, "Some O' them say there be a wandering woman takin' out them monsters and distributing food and drink, and the sun thing only happened a few weeks ago, aye."

"Oh. so she's like a hero!" David said, nodding.

"I know a woman like that in our world. I bet they'd get along" David said.

"hope we get to meet her while we're here"

"Considering the fact that Set is the Egyptian God of well... Pretty much everything bad that happens in Egypt, if he does in fact exist, and is in fact a real deity in the Dream World, then the chances he is the one causing the sun to fall is highly likely. Why he is here, why this place exists, and what part does it play... I still don't know." Gabriel said.

"Things are never simple, David," Gabriel said, letting out a sigh as retracted her wings, using her vector manipulation to keep her planted to their ride.

"I'm going to be thoroughly investigating every little detail about this place when we get there... So try not to break my train of thought." She said.

"Your brain is the size of your dick, you wouldn't be of much help..." Gabriel said, her face contorting in thought and frustration as she sighed.

"I'm sorry, David... This entire thing is confusing. What is this place? Does Set even exist? Are we all gonna flippin' die if that sun falls on us!?" Gabriel said, clearly stressed out and confused.

"Most likely, yeah. But hey, you decided to come here, so may as well live with your shit." R.O.B said, causing Gabriel to sigh.

"You do make a point... Ugh, I hate it when you make points..." Gabrel said.

"Alright, Gabriel." David said.

"I see you're stressed. Theirs a lot of shit we don't know right now. Let's hope we can find out what the hell is happening in the city" David said.

"....I'm worried to." David said, glancing at the sky.

"Their people living here. at least a whole town's worth. and if we don't stop whatever the hell is causing that sun to fall. They're all gonna die" David said.

"....even if we can escape the dimension before that happens, hundreds of people, maybe even more...might just...disappear..." David said. he sighed, shaking his head.

"...I'll...get outta your hair and let ya figure stuff out. But know that I want to help. Tell me if ya need anything" David said.

"Yeah... Yeah, your right." Gabriel said, calming down as she glanced at Rory, who was still completely focused on her training. Gabriel then turned away, "I wish you'd at least pay attention instead of slaving away at your training..." She thought.

Eventually...

The group reached the town as Og jumped down from Betty with a stack of any leftovers they had from earlier. The town was not at all large, if anything, it was simply a road with multiple large stands and or tents beside it. At the end of that road, however, lay an enormous pyramid that went into the sky, a weird mark having been carved into the center.

"Hah, hell if I know or care!" Og said, shrugging as Rory jumped off of Betty, having taken a bit more time to train.

"Where are we going...?" She asked as Gabriel followed with her, "We're heading to that pyramid, which is most likely a temple for worshipping Set." Gabriel said.

"Aye," Og said, nodding.

(Half thought Set was going to be Seth lol. ngl, I'd be down for it if we could get Setsunna on board. Imagine killing someone only to see him again, and he remembers and wants to get back at you.)

The small town was quite poor, and the people obviously didn't seem to eat or drink much, which was why it primarily consisted of merchants looking to buy or sell whatever they can. Although, compared to a shitty disease-ridden place like Emerald City, it wasn't anything to bad. It was to be expected of a group of people living in an unfathomably hot desert like this one.

"They be surviving, alright... Supposedly from tha' blessings of Set." Og said.

"You don't seem on friendly terms with the Gods, even if they supposedly don't exist here, Og." Gabriel said, "Aye. It don't sit right with me, yknow. These here people could be out there, huntin', taking what they need from the land, but Set don't like that." Og said.

"I don't know too much, but these people be convinced that Set is the key to their happiness and prosperity." He said.

"They be surviving, alright... Supposedly from tha' blessings of Set." Og said.

"You don't seem on friendly terms with the Gods, even if they supposedly don't exist here, Og." Gabriel said, "Aye. It don't sit right with me, yknow. These here people could be out there, huntin', taking what they need from the land, but Set don't like that." Og said.

"I don't know too much, but these people be convinced that Set is the key to their happiness and prosperity." He said.

“Aren’t the lands out here dangerous?” David said, raising an eyebrow

“if those storms can knock around people like me and Rory, then they are probably lethal to weaker dreamers.”

“it sounds like Set is doing them a favor, providing them his blessing”

"How do we know anything is behind anything, guys?" Gabriel asked, "We've gone over how we know jack shit about whether Set is actually real or what this place is... Arguing about it in the middle of the streets while we walk up to the temple of their god isn't helping." Gabriel said, pointing out how many people were staring at them in confusion.

"How do we know anything is behind anything, guys?" Gabriel asked, "We've gone over how we know jack shit about whether Set is actually real or what this place is... Arguing about it in the middle of the streets while we walk up to the temple of their god isn't helping." Gabriel said, pointing out how many people were staring at them in confusion.
"oh...yeah." David said.

He looked at the people and awkwardly waved.

"Uh...long live Set! Am I right?" He said awkwardly to the people around them.

Back