• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

David nodded.

"For someone who hates's it, you sure are good at it" David chuckled

"But yeah, I get it, Gabriel. it's good that you're trying to branch out and improve yourself."

"I didn't know that angels were even.....built for fighting though. Like...how did you go from being so weak....no offense...to...uh actually being pretty badass and powerful? Is Pride just a really good teacher or somethin?"
"Well, if you call violently beating me up for hours and days on end until I eventually got somewhat stronger good teaching... Then yeah, he is a good teacher. He's the one who nearly shattered my halo." Gabriel said.

"Well, if you call violently beating me up for hours and days on end until I eventually got somewhat stronger good teaching... Then yeah, he is a good teacher. He's the one who nearly shattered my halo." Gabriel said.
"Yikes...sorry to hear that Gabriel." David said.

"Well, if ya ever want to fight with me again during your training, I'm here for ya!" David said.

"we can be sparring partners! Would help us both get stronger."

"That's probably a very bad idea. If you didn't notice he sort of doesn't like you... He'd probably kill you and call it an accident." Gabriel said.
"....I mean yeah but...."

David sighed.

"I...I need to get stronger, Gabriel. Earlier my wife and I fought and....."

"She made me realize, just how weak I really am...."

"If enduring Pride's torture can make me stronger, then I have to take the chance, ya know? Even if it's risky."

Planet gets destroyed in Star Wars: Oh no! It's such a tragedy!!

Calamity vaporizes 123455327367271727727272 galaxies in Ragnarok: Well shit. Anyway, I started blasting.
"You don't gotta worry about me, Gabriel! I'm pretty hard to kill!" David said, flashing her a smile.

"But uh...where is Pride anyway?"
"No idea. I'll go look for him." Gabriel said, flying away, leaving only Rory and David.

Rory had already begun training once more after her confusion had passed, and David speaking to her caused her to jump up slightly, turning to him. It was weird to see her focus wane like that, "What?"
"uh...." David said, scratching his head.

"I don't think I ever thanked you...for saving my life during our last fight with Pride."

"So....Thanks, for that. I appreciate it" David said awkwardly.

Rory didn't turn to him or even look at him, in fact, it seemed she didn't even acknowledge him. "...What's there to talk about? I'm sure we both made our relationship abundantly clear."
"Yeah. you made it abundantly clear last time we talked that I don't mean shit to ya" David said coldly, folding his arms.

he sighed, calming himself down

"look. We don't like each other, that's fine. But I think the constant like, bickering, and tension between us is starting to affect Gabriel. Like uh, she started ranting about it while beating a man to death....." David said.

"...Uh...What...?" Rory was now confused on Gabriel having beaten a man to death while ranting about their relationship. "Th-That happened??"
"....yeah. It happened back in Gluttony while you were separated from us."

"Uh the man attacked us first, but Gabriel kinda....went insane for a bit, punched him till he was a blood splatter." David said, cringing slightly as he remembered the grisly scene.

"So...I think we should...fix things. for her sake."

Rory let out a sigh, "David... Even if we do fix things, it isn't going to change anything between me and her. She's made it clear that she hates me. You two may have a good relationship..." Rory gritted her teeth.

"But our time has passed."

Rory let out a sigh, "David... Even if we do fix things, it isn't going to change anything between me and her. She's made it clear that she hates me. You two may have a good relationship..." Rory gritted her teeth.

"But our time has passed."
David sighed.

"Rory......"

"I Don't think you should give up. On fixing your relationship with your daughter I mean..." David said.

"you may....never have an ideal relationship with her....but if us getting along would make her hate you just a bit less...."

"It's worth a shot, ya know?" David said.

"David. I have nothing right now." Rory said.

"I can smell the fear and hate, David. From both you and Gabriel, and I've done more than enough to deserve it. And nothing I can do is going to change that. I've brought this on myself, and believe me, I've thought about it. I've thought about apologizing to you and Gabriel, to try and make amends. Hell, I've used my Mystic Eyes to see futures where I did..." Rory said.

"And in all those infinite futures and infinite replays, nothing changes. With each possibility, I can still smell that fear, and that hatred, David. What exactly do you want me to do at this point...?" She asked, ceasing her training.

"David. I have nothing right now." Rory said.

"I can smell the fear and hate, David. From both you and Gabriel, and I've done more than enough to deserve it. And nothing I can do is going to change that. I've brought this on myself, and believe me, I've thought about it. I've thought about apologizing to you and Gabriel, to try and make amends. Hell, I've used my Mystic Eyes to see futures where I did..." Rory said.

"And in all those infinite futures and infinite replays, nothing changes. With each possibility, I can still smell that fear, and that hatred, David. What exactly do you want me to do at this point...?" She asked, ceasing her training.
"Rory...."

"The fear..." David started, shaking his head.

"The fear will never go away. Not for me, anyway. I....I don't think I will ever not be afraid."

"...but I dont hate you. I've never hated you, Rory. We have our differences, we've made some mistakes, but I don't hate you..."

"We may never be friends.....but...I think...we could patch things up...if we both try, ya know?"

"and...and maybe....with time....you can patch things up with Gabriel to."

"Your relationship may always be shaky. there may always be bad blood. but...."

"Maybe. with time, it could become better...." David said.

"What's the point of a relationship built on fear...?" Rory asked.
"Because fear wouldn't be the only thing in our relationship Rory..."

"I'm scared of you. but I also respect you. In some ways, I even look up to you. Your badass, you're strong, you're confident, you're driven." David said.

"Fear will always be there. But...I think if we work on it...the fear could lessen...as we actually develop a relationship beyond me simply being scared of you...ya know?" David said.

"....David, look." Rory let out a sigh.

"I understand what your saying, but... I can't. Not right now, at least. I have to... I have to focus on my training. On stopping Belial. I'd give anything... to improve my relationship with Gabriel. And if our relationship improves, well, I guess that's fine too." She said.

"But I can't. Right now, we both... We both have more important things to worry about."

Gabriel flew throughout the entire Pride ring, searching for her temporary teacher. "Alright, I think I sense him..."

After around 15 minutes of flying, Gabriel landed in front of the gate the group had met Pride by. She looked around for him, sniffing the air, sort of like Rory would, to find him. "Pride quit hiding! It's time to get back to training."

"Is that so...?"

Pride was in the air, sitting on a floating chair made of shadows. He was reading a book, "Yes, it is, so get down here." Gabriel said firmly, "You said we had a month, right? Let's get to it, as David and I are already done sparring for now." She said.

"Hah..." Pride let out a sigh, falling to the ground as his chair dispersed.

"What's the matter? You seem off." Gabriel asked, "Don't tell me that this is some weird cliche moment where you betray us all and try to violently murder us..." Gabriel said.

"No, Gabriel. That isn't what this is." Pride said, "Then what's the problem??" Gabriel asked, quite confused as to why Pride seemed so... Tired. "Pride, tell me what's going on." She said.

"Gabriel, you don't have much time. Not nearly enough time. I can't..." Gabriel crossed her arms, "Pride, talk to me, right now. What is the problem? You're saying we don't have enough time-" Pride cut her off.

"A month isn't enough. You need a year... No, two years. Belial is... No, he's unfathomably stronger than I thought." Pride said, "OK. How exactly do you know this...?" Gabriel asked.

"That's the thing. I don't, Gabriel. I haven't seen the man in forever. But I can feel it... That aura he's releasing... It's being picked up by every demon in this world." Pride said, "You won't be ready for him in just a month."

"OK," Gabriel said casually.

"OK? That's it? You're not worried? I'm actually worried for your safety, yknow." Pride said, crossing his arms. "I know you are, Pride. I appreciate that. But I don't really care about how strong he is." Gabriel said firmly.

"You don't care...?" Pride asked, confused.

"How many times do you think people like David have been told that someone can kick their ass? Or that he isn't a match or for somebody? A lot. And how many times has he fought them anyway? A lot. Sure, he never wins, but at least he tries. Everyone does. I'm not gonna run away with my tail in-between my legs because Belial is stronger than me." Gabriel said.

"So, is that all you had to say? Let's start training." Gabriel said, "I want to thank you before we do start, Pride. Although you were brutal, you've helped me grow significantly. I appreciate it." Gabriel said, bowing down in appreciation.

Pride chuckled, "I have no idea how you can say all of that knowing you'll lose the fight you've worked so hard for." Pride said, "Even if we lose, we'll try again. We always have. I'll always be there to heal my friends, even if we lose, and even if I have some things I need to work on." Gabriel said.

Pride laughed, "Since when were you so mature? It's creeping me out." Gabriel chuckled slightly, "There's no point in balling my eyes out about it... So, come on. Let's train." She said. Pride snapped his fingers.

"Alright then." Far away from Pride and Gabriel, hundreds of warriors made of shadows appeared around King Tiger. "That'll keep him occupied. Each of those warriors is around 75% of my strength, so it'll be good training for the musclehead." Pride said.

"But you and me... We'll be having a private session. I've been holding back on you as to not kill you on the spot, but I can't afford to worry about that anymore. Get ready." Pride said.

Gabriel nodded, "I understand..." She steeled her resolve, ready for whatever training he had prepared for her.

(Will do a month timeskip once Midas responds.)

Gabriel flew throughout the entire Pride ring, searching for her temporary teacher. "Alright, I think I sense him..."

After around 15 minutes of flying, Gabriel landed in front of the gate the group had met Pride by. She looked around for him, sniffing the air, sort of like Rory would, to find him. "Pride quit hiding! It's time to get back to training."

"Is that so...?"

Pride was in the air, sitting on a floating chair made of shadows. He was reading a book, "Yes, it is, so get down here." Gabriel said firmly, "You said we had a month, right? Let's get to it, as David and I are already done sparring for now." She said.

"Hah..." Pride let out a sigh, falling to the ground as his chair dispersed.

"What's the matter? You seem off." Gabriel asked, "Don't tell me that this is some weird cliche moment where you betray us all and try to violently murder us..." Gabriel said.

"No, Gabriel. That isn't what this is." Pride said, "Then what's the problem??" Gabriel asked, quite confused as to why Pride seemed so... Tired. "Pride, tell me what's going on." She said.

"Gabriel, you don't have much time. Not nearly enough time. I can't..." Gabriel crossed her arms, "Pride, talk to me, right now. What is the problem? You're saying we don't have enough time-" Pride cut her off.

"A month isn't enough. You need a year... No, two years. Belial is... No, he's unfathomably stronger than I thought." Pride said, "OK. How exactly do you know this...?" Gabriel asked.

"That's the thing. I don't, Gabriel. I haven't seen the man in forever. But I can feel it... That aura he's releasing... It's being picked up by every demon in this world." Pride said, "You won't be ready for him in just a month."

"OK," Gabriel said casually.

"OK? That's it? You're not worried? I'm actually worried for your safety, yknow." Pride said, crossing his arms. "I know you are, Pride. I appreciate that. But I don't really care about how strong he is." Gabriel said firmly.

"You don't care...?" Pride asked, confused.

"How many times do you think people like David have been told that someone can kick their ass? Or that he isn't a match or for somebody? A lot. And how many times has he fought them anyway? A lot. Sure, he never wins, but at least he tries. Everyone does. I'm not gonna run away with my tail in-between my legs because Belial is stronger than me." Gabriel said.

"So, is that all you had to say? Let's start training." Gabriel said, "I want to thank you before we do start, Pride. Although you were brutal, you've helped me grow significantly. I appreciate it." Gabriel said, bowing down in appreciation.

Pride chuckled, "I have no idea how you can say all of that knowing you'll lose the fight you've worked so hard for." Pride said, "Even if we lose, we'll try again. We always have. I'll always be there to heal my friends, even if we lose, and even if I have some things I need to work on." Gabriel said.

Pride laughed, "Since when were you so mature? It's creeping me out." Gabriel chuckled slightly, "There's no point in balling my eyes out about it... So, come on. Let's train." She said. Pride snapped his fingers.

"Alright then." Far away from Pride and Gabriel, hundreds of warriors made of shadows appeared around King Tiger. "That'll keep him occupied. Each of those warriors is around 75% of my strength, so it'll be good training for the musclehead." Pride said.

"But you and me... We'll be having a private session. I've been holding back on you as to not kill you on the spot, but I can't afford to worry about that anymore. Get ready." Pride said.

Gabriel nodded, "I understand..." She steeled her resolve, ready for whatever training he had prepared for her.

(Will do a month timeskip once Midas responds.)

David shot upward, immediately sensing the warriors as they formed around him.

"God damn..." David muttered to himself. Each of the warriors was strong, likely even stronger than David, and there were so many of them that it looked akin to an army.

"....I guess Pride sent me these guys for training...." David thought. He smiled, glad that Pride had decided to give him some form of training.

"Masayoshi...I dedicate this battle to you! I'll show you just how much your weak husband can grow!" David said, he clenched his muscles, and rushed towards the army of shadow's, letting loose a battle cry as he plunged into the crowd.

Meanwhile.

Lance was continuing his training. Each day he was making progress, if only slightly, at harnessing a bit more of Metatron's power.

Gabriel and Pride trained together for a month, pushing themselves to the limit... Throughout their training, Pride violently beat up Gabriel over and over. But, Gabriel didn't yield. With each time Pride knocked her down, she got stronger and stronger...​

"Hah..." Pride knocked her down again, and she got up.

"More...!" And she got faster.

"Come on!" And she got stronger.

"With pleasure." And so did Pride. Together, they both got continuously stronger. Their fists clashed, generating an enormous shockwave that pulverized the area around them.

Pride grabbed Gabriel by the arm, attempting to throw her. But... She didn't move a single inch. "Is that all you've got?" Pride smirked, "Don't get to cocky!" Pride put in even more strength than before, kneeing Gabriel in the stomach, sending her flying.

But she didn't even flinch, "I can tell your still holding back, Pride!" Gabriel flew forward at unfathomable speeds, delivering a punch straight to Pride's face, knocking him into the ground, violently caving it in.

"Our month of training is almost over... So, you can go all out against me. I'm ready for it!" Gabriel shouted out, "You think that..." Suddenly, a wave of shadows erupted from the ground. "But you haven't seen all of my power." He said, emerging from the ground.

"That's right... So, show me. I'll say it as many times as I need to, but I'm ready for all of your strength. We didn't spend a full month training together for nothing... I didn't ask you to be my teacher for nothing, Pride." Gabriel said firmly, "It's the time!"

Suddenly, faster than she could possibly react, various cuts and gashes appeared all across her body. "Huh!?" Pride's eyes turned completely black, various black markings appearing across his body. 10-tendrils sprouted from his back, each with a scythe-blade on the end.

"That's the form you used when we first fought..." Gabriel said, her wounds healing, albeit very slowly. "Stay on guard." Pride dashed forward far faster than before, slicing vertically. Gabriel bent backward, dodging the attack as she slid across the ground, creating distance.

"You won't escape!" Pride's tendrils chased after her, "I wasn't trying to escape in the first place!" Gabriel pressed her hands together, forming a katana made of light. "Did you seriously think after all this time that I'd try to run away again!? HERE I COME!!"

Pride's eyes widened as Gabriel faced him head-on, "What!?" He was surprised by her determination, but... "You've come a long way! Alright, I'll meet your challenge!" He was proud of what she had become.

Their blades clashed violently, sending ripples throughout the fabric of space and time that the entire Pride ring could feel. Pride began to swiftly push Gabriel back, "Damn it, I still haven't surpassed him...!!" Gabriel thought to herself as her feet dug into the ground. She gritted her teeth, clenching her fists around her blade.

"It looks like I win again, Gabriel." Pride said, sounding slightly disappointed. "NO...!! I CAN WIN-" Gabriel shouted out, still holding on. "I DIDN'T PUT MYSELF THROUGH HELL...!" Gabriel slowly pushed Pride back, her stance shifting.

"What the hell-"

"FOR NOTHING!" Suddenly, Gabriel's power skyrocketed as she began to push Pride back. Her eyes went bloodshot as her hands violently bled from how hard she was clenching her blade. "This is... extraordinary..." Pride thought to himself.

Gabriel's wings sprouted out as her power continued to grow, but so did Pride's. It was a battle of who could grow faster than the other, "Pride...!" Gabriel thought to herself, "I'm... Not... Going to... LOSE!"

Golden light shot into the air as Gabriel propelled herself forward, "You really are extraordinary, Gabriel Artensia..." Pride thought to himself as Gabriel's blade dug into his torso, cutting him in half cleanly.

"Hah... Hah..." Gabriel breathed heavily, tumbling forward as she fell onto her knees. "Pride...?" Gabriel called out, getting back onto her feet. "Are you still alive...?" She turned around to see Pride's body completely severed in two.

"Yeah, I'm still alive, Gabriel."

His blood was pitch-black, creating a puddle beneath his body as it poured out. "Good... I hope you stay alive for a little longer, then." Gabriel said, smiling down at Pride. "This isn't going to kill me, Gabriel. I'll simply revive once this body dies." He said.

"Really? Well, that's even better then." Gabriel said, sounding genuinely happy. "Haha! You make it sound as if you would actually care if I died!" Pride said, laughing as his eyes returned to normal.

"I would care, Pride," Gabriel said bluntly, sitting down next to him. "Huh. That's weird. Even though I supposedly put you through hell?" Pride asked her, twisting his head to look at her.

"Of course. You helped me get stronger, along with showing genuine concern for my safety... You also encouraged me to keep moving forward, Pride." Pride's eyes widened. "Thank you, Pride. I never thought I'd feel this way about someone who I thought was previously sketchy..." Gabriel said, chuckling.

"Is that so...?" Pride asked, chuckling along with Gabriel. "Yep." Gabriel said, "How long does it take for you to revive?" Gabriel asked, "That depends on a lot of factors. But at least, it takes a year for me to revive." Pride said.

"Ah... So it'll be a while until I get to see you again, then?" Gabriel asked, "You thought you'd see me again? Hah, how foolish." Pride said, "It is foolish for me to think so, yeah. But still, it would've been nice." Gabriel said, running her hands gently through Pride's hair.

"Yeah, I guess that it would've been nice, huh..." Pride said, shadows rising from his body as his flesh slowly dissipated. "It looks like it's happening, Gabriel. I don't have much time." Pride said. "Mind spending it with someone like me, then?" Gabriel asked.

Pride chuckled, "Hah... Of course, I wouldn't." Pride said as they both looked into the air, staring at the sun of the Pride ring. "Hey Pride." Gabriel said to him, "Yeah?" He responded.

"Again, thank you for training me," Gabriel said.

"It was my pleasure, Gabriel Artensia." Pride said, "Heh, just start calling me by my first name, dumbass." Gabriel said as Pride's body continued to dissipate into the air, "Alright... I'll keep that in mind." He said, both of them staying silent for around 30 seconds.

"Hey, Gabriel." Pride spoke up.

"Yeah?" She responded swiftly.

"I'm really proud of you." He said to her, smiling.

"Huh...?" Gabriel's eyes widened, very surprised. "Your what...?"

"I'm proud of you, is what I said. When you first asked me to train you I didn't think you'd come far. I thought you were spoiled. You were born with great healing abilities and never had been in a real fight... But I was proven wrong. You pushed yourself harder than anybody I'd ever seen. Whenever I knocked you down, you got up and came back faster. Whenever I broke or twisted a limb, you worked with that until I healed it. And now, your even stronger than me..." Pride said, Gabriel staying silent the entire time.

"I..."

"You've worked really hard, Gabriel. And I really am proud of what you've become, and I'm proud that you were my student." Gabriel looked down at Pride, "...I don't think... Anybody has ever said that to me before. Not even my supposed mother..." Gabriel said.

"Really? Uh... I'm sorry about that." Pride said, his body continuing to dissipate into the air.

"That's... Really sad..." Pride's body completely disappeared, leaving behind two daggers that honestly were to large to be called daggers.

"...Yeah, it is." Gabriel stood up, picking up the daggers. She examined them, seeing an inscription on the back of each blade. "Dawn..." For the white blade. "Dusk..." For the black one. "Is this a gift...?" She thought to herself, cutting a hole in space, putting the blades into a pocket-reality, closing the portal afterward.

She turned to the gate where she met Pride as it began to slowly open. "Nobody... Had ever said that to me before." Gabriel's eyes watered slightly, causing her to bite her lip to hold back her tears.

She looked at the gate where the party met Pride as it slowly opened, a wave of air knocking down multiple rocks and trees. "...."

"It's time." Pandora's Actor said, he had impatiently waited for this moment, Shalamanye and Muramasa had trained to the point where they could in fact harm Demiurge without too much issue, even if Muramasa's advantages against Divinity allowed him to do so before. The former teleported to Gabriel silently, he didn't even speak to the angel, his emotions giving away he didn't think he could speak to her without making things worse, Shalamanye arrived next, also silent.

SWOOSH

A Soldier swung his sword downward at David, threatening to bisect him completely.

"Shit…" David said, quickly. He raised both his arms above his head, using his muscle control to harden them to a level akin to steel.

The sword clashed with his hardened forearms, cutting into his flesh and bone and nearly ripping his arm off entirely. If it weren't for David's regeneration, this would have been a crippling injury.

Another soldier dashed forward, stabbing a spear at him, attempting to run him through. In response, David quickly sidestepped to the side, grabbing the spear and forcefully snapping it in half, the soldier regenerating their weapon instantly. Before David could strike him however, a third soldier rushed forward, slamming a warhammer against his head, dazing him and knocking him several feet backward.

David spits blood from his mouth, several teeth falling out as he staggered to his feet. A fourth soldier dashed behind him, scythe in hand before he could strike David; however, David had forcefully slammed his elbow into the man's face, breaking his helmet and launching him backward.

This was new territory for David. His wrestling techniques were specialized in overpowering a physically weaker opponent, while taking on a single or small group of targets. When faced with hundreds of fighters, all around his level in strength, he had to rapidly adjust to the new battefield or die.

Another soldier rushed forward, attempting to stab his trident into David's chest. Thinking quickly, David used his gravity manipulation to make the tip of the trident extraordinarily heavy, the tip dipping to the ground as the soldier was thrown off guard by the sudden increase in weight. Not wasting any time, David grabbed the soldier. Just in time for another soldier to aim towards him, unleashing a volley of arrows at his back. Several arrows plunged into David's backside, blood pouring from his back as he staggered, momentarily breaking his grip on the soldier he was holding. That soldier wasted no time, swiftly turning around and delivering a fierce blow to David's neck, knocking him on his back.

Quickly David flipped to his feet, rushing towards the soldier. Slamming his palm against the man's face, he forcefully slammed him to the ground, his helmet visibly denting as he fell to the hard rock below him. Yet...the soldier stood back up, seemingly undamaged by the assault. David's current strength was nowhere near enough to finish them off.

"Shit….are they invulnerable?"

The soldiers closed in on David, and descended upon them.

…….

ONE MONTH LATER

David was on the ground. blood and sweat covering his body. His skin was torn, his body was broken, as he stared at the infinite sky above him.

around him....laid corpses. hundreds of bodies were on the ground all around him. The soldiers pride had sent to train him were dead, their armor shattered, their weapons lying still on the ground. David had spent the entire month fighting, constantly improving, constantly pushing his limits, sustained by nothing but his conviction and willpower as he had kept fighting. It had been hard, the soldiers were strong and numerous, on the first day, he had nearly died. He had been reckless then, charging right into the soldiers who were attacking him. they swarmed them, their swords falling heavily on his back as his muscles were slashed to ribbons.

but then the next day came to pass. and the next. and the next. Every day, he got a little sharper, every fight, he got a little stronger, a little more durable. Until he had finally beaten them all. On the final day, after the battle had been won, he collapsed, his body too injured and fatigued to go on. There he laid, in a pool of his own blood, as he slipped in and out of consciousness.

"...Thank you..."

"Pride"

David said, before slipping into a deep sleep.

Last edited:
Rory continued to swing her sword, her hands bloodied and ruined. She stared towards the distance, her eyes dilated and widened. How long had she been training? It had only been a month and yet it felt like she'd been going at it for countless years, countless centuries. During that time, she had forgotten all about Gabriel, David, Kiara, and simply focused on her training. She conditioned her body and mind to the absolute limit and pushed past that limit countless times.

"...Is it time?" Rory thought to herself, noticing the slow opening of the gate in the distance.

"...I guess it is." Her sword dissipated as she stared down at herself, "I look hideous." That was how she viewed herself.

"I wonder if Kiara would still love me like this..." She thought to herself as her hands healed. She teleported over to the gate, noticing Gabriel and everyone else barring David standing in front of it.

The gate was opening incredibly slowly, "This is taking to long." Gabriel said, raising her fist.

In a mighty burst of power, she jumped into the air. She swung her fist at unfathomable speeds, effortlessly crushing the door down to it's last quark with a single hit, clearing the entrance.

"Let's go," Gabriel said, turning to Rory and everyone else. Rory nodded, "...Right."

Rory continued to swing her sword, her hands bloodied and ruined. She stared towards the distance, her eyes dilated and widened. How long had she been training? It had only been a month and yet it felt like she'd been going at it for countless years, countless centuries. During that time, she had forgotten all about Gabriel, David, Kiara, and simply focused on her training. She conditioned her body and mind to the absolute limit and pushed past that limit countless times.

"...Is it time?" Rory thought to herself, noticing the slow opening of the gate in the distance.

"...I guess it is." Her sword dissipated as she stared down at herself, "I look hideous." That was how she viewed herself.

"I wonder if Kiara would still love me like this..." She thought to herself as her hands healed. She teleported over to the gate, noticing Gabriel and everyone else barring David standing in front of it.

The gate was opening incredibly slowly, "This is taking to long." Gabriel said, raising her fist.

In a mighty burst of power, she jumped into the air. She swung her fist at unfathomable speeds, effortlessly crushing the door down to it's last quark with a single hit, clearing the entrance.

"Let's go," Gabriel said, turning to Rory and everyone else. Rory nodded, "...Right."

Lance had been busy training with Metatron's power. Slowly, his body was adjusting to handle more and more of its energy. The power he could produce, and his level of control, being amplified to a new level. His body had notably strengthened, a byproduct of forcefully adapting to the energy he was training himself to wield.

As he walked towards the door, he stumbled upon David's body, along with the grisly massacre he had left around him.

"By Jove..."Lance muttered.

"...just what was he doing for training....?" Lance thought. using his telekinesis, he picked up David from the ground, carrying him to the door alongside him. gingerly, he dropped him on the ground in front of Gabriel.

"Gabriel....can you heal him?" Lance asked.

Gabriel didn't say anything, but suddenly, a burst of green light shot out of her body, healing anything within a 200-meter radius. Lance could practically see her aura, but more specifically, the physical trauma upon her body. While she had stopped growing muscular due to her own intervention, he could see the countless scars under her clothes that not even she could heal. Within those scars were countless hours of training, and Rory could see it too.

Rory crossed her arms, "What kind of hell... Did you put yourself through to get to this level...?" Rory thought to herself, sensing that Gabriel's strength was on an entirely different level from before.

Gabriel began to walk forward, "Pride... Thank you for everything, but I've still got a long way to go. I need to get even stronger than this if I want to stand up to Belial." She thought to herself.

"That's right... Even stronger." Rory could recognize that feeling emanating off of Gabriel. A desire to get stronger, no, an obsession with getting stronger that would push her to train even harder. Rory recognized it because that was what was pushing her training right now, and she didn't want that sort of hell for Gabriel.

"Damnit..." Rory thought to herself, following the angel.

Back