• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

Rory's face contorted with rage. "Shut the **** up and show us your face." She crossed her arms, gritting her teeth. "Hurry the **** up." She said firmly, her eyes flaring up, turning bloodshot.

"Scary! Did I hit a nerve? Did me reminding you that you'll be the one to kill everyone, your son, your daughter, your friends, and including your darling wife Kiara... Make you 'angry'?"

(im dumb and sent a comment too early, deleted it. sorry bout that)

David's face contorted into a mixture of anger and frustration.

"Your ******* scum, ya know that?" David said to the voice.

Lance began sweating, despite the frigid environment around them.

"they used that term again. Apoptosis" Lance thought, a feeling of nervousness overtaking him. from what he had gathered, Rory was going do something....awful, in a few decades, though he had no idea what it was. It seemed that whatever was going to happen would lead to the deaths of...everyone, himself included. He recalled that even powerful beings like Demiurge seemed to be wary of what apoptosis would cause.

"But...that's preposterous! Rory is the hero of the dream world, isn't she? And she is married to Kiara, the greatest hero I have ever seen! surely I must be misunderstanding something!"

But...he was worried. He needed answers. but he couldn't ask Rory, not in her current mood.

"Metatron...." he asked his gloves

"Can you...explain to me what an Apoptosis is?" Lance said, the nervousness in his voice was obvious. he was nearly having a panic attack.

The angel sighed, "An Anti-Thesis to evil..." Metatron said, "I didn't want to have to actually get into this, but knowledge is a curse that I hate to have." Metatron turned to human form, leaving Lance without his hands.

"You know the man Kill-Gaia, correct?" The angel asked.

Lance nodded, becoming even more nervous after hearing Kill-Gaia's name.

"y-yes I have heard of him....and of the many atrocities he has committed," Lance said.
"Star Gods, the ancient race of deities that my previous master belonged to, designed a device dedicated to ending Kill-Gaia's life. The man is a menace. He has all of his existence under his thumb, and so, existence must be eliminated along with him to make sure he is completely eradicated. That means all life, all matter, and anything in between." Metatron said.

"And the girl called Rory is exactly that device... Divine, but not yet divine. Her duty is to recreate the world upon its destruction."

"....." Lance's head was swimming. despair creeping into his psyche as he comprehended Metatron's words. suddenly, he looked at Metatron. his gaze was intense, hard, and calculating.

"What if we kill her then?" Lance asked. At that moment, he didn't care that he had sworn off killing. he didn't care that he would be attempting to take the life of someone he owed a debt of gratitude. all he cared about...was protecting himself and Metatron.

"it...it reincarnates?" Lance said, despair creeping into his voice.

"....so that's it then...."

"...we are all...going to die..."

He fell to his knees. The stress building inside of him. his heart racing as the news overwhelmed him. He couldn't handle this. he wished he had never learned about it. He wished he had never met the group. He clutched his head as if he was experiencing an intense headache. Soon, he began ripping at his hair, tearing it from his scalp as it became disheveled and ruined.

"we....we are all going to die" he repeated to himself. over, and over, and over. tears began streaming down his face as he started to sobbing openly.

Lance nodded. he shifted position, laying down on the icy ground and staring at the sky. He knew Metatron was right. he had been lucky to live as long as he had. He should be thankful. yet...it didn't stop the despair from flooding his mind, as he began to fully comprehend his own mortality.

"Tell me....Metatron."

"...will we suffer...when she kills us?" Lance said

Lance looked at Rory. His eyes were dull. The tears had dried on his face as he continued to stare at the person who would end his life. He hated her. He didn't care if she would do it intentionally or not. He hated how his every existence was going to be destroyed by this woman he barely knew.

He took out his tobacco pipe, using telekinesis, he shakily levitated it to his mouth. he ignited it, before taking a deep inhale.

"Rory...." Lance said, after a while.

"Please...make it painless," Lance said, before turning away from her, as if simply looking at her would result in his demise.

David shook his head, tears beginning to form in his own eyes, as he watched the man learn of his fate.

Lance looked at Rory. His eyes were dull. The tears had dried on his face as he continued to stare at the person who would end his life. He hated her. He didn't care if she would do it intentionally or not. He hated how his every existence was going to be destroyed by this woman he barely knew.

He took out his tobacco pipe, using telekinesis, he shakily levitated it to his mouth. he ignited it, before taking a deep inhale.

"Rory...." Lance said, after a while.

"Please...make it painless," Lance said, before turning away from her, as if simply looking at her would result in his demise.

David shook his head, tears beginning to form in his own eyes, as he watched the man learn of his fate.
Rory simply stared at the ground, her eyes widened.

"I had forgotten." She thought to herself. She had forgotten...? "I was so happy... I was so happy being with Kiara, Belial, and Gabriel that..." She had forgotten what she actually was. That she was the person that was going to destroy existence.

And with that, she had once again earned hate she didn't do anything to gain. She didn't do anything to harm Lance, she held no contempt for Lance, if anything, his positive relationship with Kiara made Rory somewhat fond of the Phantom Magician.

It drilled a single thought into her mind. Rory the 6th was cursed to be alone at birth. To earn the hatred and contempt of others because she was born to destroy everything, whether or not she earned or didn't earn that hatred. She was cursed to be feared by those she previously thought to be comrades. She was cursed to one day be alone, in a void, after having murdered everything. Cursed with the responsibility to build a better world from the ashes she herself had created.

She didn't scream or cry. It felt as if she couldn't do it if she tried. She knew that she was born a monster... But she also knew that the hatred and contempt she had gotten from her children was all her fault. She abandoned them because she couldn't control herself. Because she wanted to run away from her own mistakes.

Rory let out a deep sigh, "I'm going forward."

David walked over to Lance. he put his hand on his shoulder in a comforting gesture.

"...I know how you feel Lance," David quietly

"... she's had a rough life. it isn't her fault that she is like this. Being Apoptosis is something you're born with, she had no choice in her destiny" David said, his eyes hard.

Lance looked at David.

"....How can you continue to travel with her, knowing what she will do?"

David stayed silent for a long moment, before responding.

".....Because I know....that she's not a bad person. I've fought enough battles alongside her to know that much. I haven't forgiven her..."

"...but I still care about her" David said, before walking away.

David began walking next to Rory. he looked at her.

"....you ok?" David asked.

David sighed.

"**** that piece of shit," David said, referring to the Ice guy.

"....I'm right behind ya, Rory." David said.

Lance stood there for a long time. despite David's words, he couldn't stop his hatred. couldn't stop his feeling of anger and resentment towards Rory.

"...I guess....the only thing we can do.....is enjoy what time we have left...." Lance said numbly.

he glanced at Metatron.

"...Is there anything you want to do...before you die, Metatron?"

"What exactly were you hoping to accomplish here?" Gabriel asked the voice, "Now you won't get your artifacts or whatever..."

"I'll get them in due time. I need to play the villain, after all... If I don't, Belial would most definitely end my life. I'll still provide you with information."

The voice talked only to Gabriel within her mind, isolating his words so nobody else heard them. "Alright... I don't believe angering Rory is a good idea though. When she sets her mind to it, she could probably kill anything." Gabriel said to the voice.

"Ha! Let my death come then. My name is Geten, Gabriel. Remember it."

"...Whatever." Gabriel thought as she floated along with the group, her arms crossed and her face stern. Rory simply walked through the frozen tundra, her eyes and mind focused only on what was in front of her.

She was sad and angry. She was sad because she was hated simply for existing as the thing that she was, and was angry because if she spoke up about it, she would simply be seen with even more contempt.

So she said nothing. She would ignore any attempts to speak to her and would simply continue walking towards the next area. She didn't want to talk and didn't want to be talked to, as negative emotions swirled within her mind due to an existence the girl didn't even ask for.

Back