• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

"You say that like I'm not having trouble with this myself...." Belial said as they continued to walk. Soon, they had to cover their eyes due to the blinding light that was being shined at them.

"Ugh... What a bright city." A barrier was created that barred off the corrupted ocean from the grassy island that held the shining city. Belial looked at it from afar a few seconds later once his eyes adjusted.

"Pretty cool."

wizard-of-oz-emerald-city-background_594956.jpg

"Good for you," Belial said, walking towards the city. He wasn't happy at all. He'd yet to achieve his goal, his reason for even coming to Emerald City, so he was still dissatisfied. Soon, they reached a large gate.

"Hello?" Belial knocked on the door, hoping for a response from anybody who may be capable of letting them into the city. Suddenly, a voice rang out. "State your name and business," Belial responded.

"Uh, I'm Belial, I have two friends named David and Kiara... One of them is really sick, the one named Kiara, and she needs help." The voice responded, "Is her blood green? Does she have an aversion to medical treatment?" Belial tilted his head in confusion.

"Yeah... How did you know that?" The voice responded, "Release the bubble that holds your sick friend, please." Belial nodded, "Sure." He did so, gently placing her on her feet. Suddenly-

"H-hey..!! Let go of me!!" Kiara was suddenly grabbed by some weird soldiers who began to swiftly tie her up. "******* hell- What the hell is this!?" She yelled out. "Sorry, ma'am." Said one of the soldiers.

dckh3ri-62df6787-4667-4919-b05b-b757b87b9652.jpg

"What the hell is this?" One of the soldiers responded, "All infected must be quarantined and treated immediately. Sorry, just standard procedure." Belial nodded, "Well, I guess that's reasonable..." Kiara wasn't having it though.

"You *******! Put me the hell down!!" She attempted to fight back, her voice contorting just like when Belial tried to give her the medicine. In response, one of the soldiers delivered a powerful punch to her, knocking her out.

"Damn, she's already gone hostile... We'll deal with this one."

"You don't need to worry about that. For now, head into the city. We'll let you know when you're friend is capable of returning," A soldier said in response.
David nodded

“Thank you.” he said gratefully to the soldiers.

He turned to Belial

“well now that Kiara going to get treated we can handle your business! Let’s go find Rory!” David said. He wasn’t sure what would happen when they found Rory, but knew that it was important to Belial.

“I wonder…if she’s changed…from the last time we spoke. Does she…still want to destroy everything?” David thought to himself. If she still planned on destroying the world, he was unsure what to do.

Last edited:
David nodded

“Thank you.” he said gratefully to the soldiers.

He turned to Belial

“well now that Kiara going to get treated we can handle your business! Let’s go find Rory!” David said. He wasn’t sure what would happen when they found Rory, but knew that it was important to Belial.

“I wonder…if she’s changed…from the last time we spoke. Does she…still want to destroy everything?” David thought to himself. If she still planned on destroying the world, he was unsure what to do.
"Yeah..." Belial said as the gate to the city slowly began to open, making the ground around them violently rumble.

"I have... no idea. Let's just wander around." Belial said.

"Where the hell are you taking me?" Kiara was taken into some weird facility and thrown into an empty room, the door immediately being shut and sealed off. "You hear me? I'm not done talking!" Somebody soon talked to her through a speaker that was installed in the room.

"Ms. Kiara, you need to calm down." It was one of the soldiers, except, skinnier. "Explain to me then... What is this disease?" The voice responded. "We ironically call it the Emerald Plague. Symptoms are coughing, green blood, aversion to medicine, extreme pain, and fatigue... Eventually death."

Kiara sighed, facepalming. "Of course... And you can treat it?" The voice responded, "Treat? Yes. Cure? Not yet." Kiara crossed her arms and legs, plopping her butt on the floor. "One more question... How long does this treatment take?"

"Usually a day... But it varies." Kiara then tilted her head, "You guys are... Unnaturally nice." The voice chuckled a bit, "Yeah. I apologize for not being able to show you my face..." Kiara jumped up.

"Alright then! If you can treat me, I'll accept as long as I get to leave." The voice responded, "Of course, the treatment should go smoothly." The voice was then cut off. "And make sure it does go smoothly." The man said to his associates.

"Yes sir... Or, what exactly should we call you?" One of them asked. The man chuckled a bit, "You don't need to know my real name. For now, call me 'Carcass Keeper'." He snapped his fingers, creating a portal.

"I want that woman treated safely, got it? She's a key." The grunts nodded, running off to do their work. He walked through the portal, throwing off the cloak he had used to had his face.

450.png

"Now, how many customers will I have today?"

(Shitty character entrance done.)

Belial walked around the city, genuinely curious about what was going on. "I..ce Cream..? Ew. **** the cold." He said, looking at an ice cream store. "Perhaps we should first relax... Well, you should first relax, your not completely healed."

The lot of them all battled against the clones that Verndari had created of them. It appeared as though they were naturally getting stronger, allowing them to gain an edge, however small, over their clones. However, they were all holding off on unleashing their full power again just in case the clones could also utilize their full power as well. Instead, Yamato and Zonolo fought through their clones, inching their way toward Verndari.

"Mira! Boros! Cover us!" Zonolo said, inching his way closer alongside Yamato.

Mira and Boros nodded, exerting more power to overwhelm the clones more. Once they were close enough, Verndari attempted to roar and blow them back, but Yamato had transformed once more, leaping onto Zonolo's hand as he threw her toward Verndari before being blown back: a fastball special. The hybrid Yamato used her kanabo, launching a powerful swing as she went through the guardian. Verndari roared in pain, and as he was stunned, Mira and Boros exerted their full power, blitzing their duplicates. Zonolo then lept up toward Verndari, igniting his body as he had against Yamato and unleashing a powerful blast of heat that combusted on it to keep it stunned. As this happened, Yamato swung her kanabo once more, black and red lightning surrounding it as she slammed it down on Verndari. The guardian was shattered into pieces, and Yamato reverted to normal.

Boros turned his eye, charging up a powerful blast of energy. Verndari was reforming.

"COLLAPSING STAR ROAR CANNON!" Boros said, firing a massive blast that incinerated the rocks Verndari was using to regenerate. The Summoning Dream then reverted to his regular state.

"Alright, let's keep moving then..." Zonolo said, his flaming tattoos disappearing.

The crew then walked onward, into the area the guardian of the door was preventing them from entering. As they entered the cavernous area, they noticed something along the ground: lava. They then headed in the direction of where the lava was flowing from. There, they saw a glowing blue crystal chained in the center of the cave.

7bcc82dbe58623035e587d4888dc283e.jpg

"There's the gateway to Muspelheim," Mira said.

"So, uh, how do we use it to make it there?" Zonolo asked.

"The lava levels rise, and reach the crystal...." Mira explained, "When that happens, the crystal glows red and gives the lava an effect similar to the water that took us to Hvolfi. Raising the lava levels artificially won't accelerate the process, as the lava is enchanted to respond to the crystal."

"Interesting..." Zonolo said, "So now we wait. Then, we're off to Muspelheim..."
Eventually, approximately 3 months later, the lava rose. During this time, the lot of them had taken the opportunity and waiting period as a chance to grow stronger by training and sparring with each other. The lava touched and recolored the crystal, signifying it was their cue to go ahead and head to Muspelheim.

"Well, time for the moment of truth..." Zonolo said, facial hair now growing on him.

Zonolo then dove through the lava with his comrades not far behind. There, everything vertically shifted back to normal. The land was volcanic, and almost every structure looked like the material making it up was a burning obsidian. Throughout the realm, the sound of hammers striking could be heard as weapons were being forged, as well as the sound of Muspelheim's raging embers...

2.jpg

"That place over there, that has to be where Surtr is..." Yamato said, pointing at the massive domain in the horizon.

"Then let's go...." Zonolo said.

Meanwhile, in another part of Emerald City, Masayoshi and Towa were walking through it, seemingly arguing with each other. Their hair was wild and they had some tattered clothing on.

"Admit it!" Masayoshi said.

"Admit what?" Towa asked.

"Admit you were wrong! You said it'd be as simple as teleporting to Emerald City, but it wasn't! We warped to some random location and involuntarily defused, then we had to go through all of that other stuff I don't even want to name in order to get here!"

"I didn't say it was going to be easy, though... So I wasn't wrong. Besides, I was describing ideal circumstances."

"Well, you're right about nothing on that trip here being 'ideal'... But you were still wrong."

"I thought I explained that I wasn't."

"You explained with an attempt to wiggle your way out of admitting you were wrong..."

"It's not wiggling my way out of admitting it if I wasn't wrong to begin with..."

(Midas you just had to jinx it with not expecting to see anything interesting. Yah just HAD to make me do it.)

Suddenly, someone screamed out. "****, let me go! I'm completely fine!" One of those soldiers was tying up a civilian. "Sorry sir, standard procedure. You'll get your treatment." The man continued to scream and flail around, punching the soldier in his armored face only to have his hand shatter on impact.

"This is what we always tell em'..." The man screamed out in pain as the soldier proceeded to knock him out with a mere slap, knocking out a few teeth. "These ******* plagues man." The soldier said, carrying the man off.

(Midas you just had to jinx it with not expecting to see anything interesting. Yah just HAD to make me do it.)

Suddenly, someone screamed out. "****, let me go! I'm completely fine!" One of those soldiers was tying up a civilian. "Sorry sir, standard procedure. You'll get your treatment." The man continued to scream and flail around, punching the soldier in his armored face only to have his hand shatter on impact.

"This is what we always tell em'..." The man screamed out in pain as the soldier proceeded to knock him out with a mere slap, knocking out a few teeth. "These ******* plagues man." The soldier said, carrying the man off.
((Lmao))

David grimaced.

“Ay!” David said walking up to the soldiers

“i know you guys are trying to treat the virus, but you don’t gotta treat the man so harshly! I dont think knocking his teeth out was part of the ‘treatment’ he needed” David said, a bit pissed at what he had just witnessed.

((Lmao))

David grimaced.

“Ay!” David said walking up to the soldiers

“i know you guys are trying to treat the virus, but you don’t gotta treat the man so harshly! I dont think knocking his teeth out was part of the ‘treatment’ he needed” David said, a bit pissed at what he had just witnessed.
"Dude, I slapped him. Wasn't even trying to hurt him." The soldier said, chuckling a bit. "Not like it wasn't warranted. I was assaulted, guy tried to punch me!"

"He still tried to hurt me, and I defended myself. I'm also kinda wearing a full suit of armor, as you said, I'm not gonna take it off, then deliver a slap so I don't hurt the guy. It's better if he's knocked out anyway so I don't have to deal with his shit," The soldier said, clearly indifferent.

"Look bud, don't know who you think you are, but let me do my work."

David sighed. He knew he shouldn’t stir up trouble. Man was just doing his job. If he started a fight, nothing good would come of it. Especially when they had done so much to get here.

“whatever man. I’m just saying you don’t gotta smack the man around is all. People with the disease already suffer enough as is, don’t gotta abuse them on top of that, ya know?”

“Ok but…it’s not good to want to hurt people.” David said, looking at Belial.

“I’m all for freedom of choice. People should get to choose what they want to do, live their own lives. but that don’t mean people should be going around hurting people around them on a whim”

“I wasn’t planning on..fighting the guy or nothin, I just think stuff like that shouldn’t just be allowed to happen like it’s ok”

“Yep, let’s look around some more, maybe we’ll spot her” David said following Belial.

While walking, David thought again drifted back to Belial words on the ship.

“Evil doesn’t exist huh…” he thought. It was true that the soldier had purposely inflicted harm on that man but…David didn’t think he was evil, he couldn’t even fully tell if he was a bad guy or not. He hurt the man, but it wasn’t life threatening, nor even particularly severe. Simply just..indifference to the mans well being.

“Did I…really need to butt in…?” He thought. What had he accomplished? the soldier simply disregarded his opinion, and the man had already fallen unconscious. What he did would likely amount to nothing more then an annoyance.

he remained deep in thought, mulling over the interaction with the soldier in his head.

Belial was also thinking a similar thing to King Tiger at the time. Belial didn't particularly care about good or evil unless it involved the people that he cared about, he never really did. But...

"Should I... care more?" Why should he have to care more? What even was the meaning of life? Everything was going to die anyway, you may as well save the people you care about.

"Yeah..." Belial said, reassuring himself. "I'm doing this because I care about Kiara, not for some sort of good or evil. I get stronger to protect my loved ones, and I fight to protect my loved ones. Whether it's good or not has nothing to do with me..." He thought.

"Just like when I tried to take that flower... Whether it's good or not isn't my problem." He thought once more as he and King Tiger explored the streets of Emerald City in search of Rory.

"City of Dreams my ass..." Belial said after they had walked around a while. It wasn't in total chaos, but it wasn't completely in order either. There wasn't any real paradise or whatever here, if anything, it was the average city that just happened to be way more advanced, but it didn't allow those advancements to be accessed by the general public, forcing the poor to fend for themselves.

"This place is a complete mess..."

Meanwhile...

Draedon was working tirelessly on his new project specifically ordered by Yharon, to create a device capable of contacting Eonara and Shalor within the singularity. Draedon still had Yharon's exact words echoing in his mind, he made no demands even if he was worried

""With Shalor missing and his fate unknown Belial is in mental dystopia, we cannot have him actually lose it. And Eonara is likely trying to figure this out herself. But if we manage to get one of Belial's shadow army into a rift then we may be able to locate Shalor that way and put his mind at ease, but I still want you to work to get in contact with Shalor and Eonara.""

"The Shinjuku rift is a good thing to go off of, we've already found a signature to possibly send a Shadow Army member to where Eonara and Shalor, I should be able to get into contact with Belial shortly to have two sent into the past." Draedon thought

Belial was also thinking a similar thing to King Tiger at the time. Belial didn't particularly care about good or evil unless it involved the people that he cared about, he never really did. But...

"Should I... care more?" Why should he have to care more? What even was the meaning of life? Everything was going to die anyway, you may as well save the people you care about.

"Yeah..." Belial said, reassuring himself. "I'm doing this because I care about Kiara, not for some sort of good or evil. I get stronger to protect my loved ones, and I fight to protect my loved ones. Whether it's good or not has nothing to do with me..." He thought.

"Just like when I tried to take that flower... Whether it's good or not isn't my problem." He thought once more as he and King Tiger explored the streets of Emerald City in search of Rory.

"City of Dreams my ass..." Belial said after they had walked around a while. It wasn't in total chaos, but it wasn't completely in order either. There wasn't any real paradise or whatever here, if anything, it was the average city that just happened to be way more advanced, but it didn't allow those advancements to be accessed by the general public, forcing the poor to fend for themselves.

"This place is a complete mess..."
“Yeah…after all the trouble it took to get here, I was expecting something…different.” David said, disappointment in his voice. They had gotten what they came their for, Kiara was getting treated, but David couldn’t help but be a bit disappointed that it wasn’t some kinda paradise. A hidden oasis In the chaos that was the dream world.

“…I wonder… why do the people in emerald city not bring their treatment outside of here? Their are a bunch of people suffering from the disease, yet this is the only real place to get treated, outside of vaccines”

Back