• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Puella Magi General Discussion VIII: Why am I even still apart of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And then I say "for pmmm stuff"

Its almost like taking each statement individually without the context of another makes things confusing, hmmmmmmmm.

Also, why do you care so much lmao? Is this some next level shitpost?

New doppel translations (a bit late with Mitama's)

"TOTENTANZ (Master: Mitama Yakumo (formal wear ver.))

The Doppel of memento mori. Its form is an auspicious day. Despite resenting her environment, the master of this emotion is overjoyed by the fact that she can welcome in the new year with the friends that she has newly made. Her Doppel embodies that joy in the form of golden lilies and red-and-white curtains, and it expresses a warm welcome to those who draw near by enveloping them in the curtains and raining flower petals down upon them. However, all are forbidden from returning home early when the time comes to serve the New Year's meals, and its guests shall suffer the agonizing taste of an eternal turn-of-the-century."

"HENRIETTA (Master: Asuka Tatsuki)

The Doppel of reckless advance. Its form is a war drum. The master of this emotion is heartily inspired by this Doppel's power, and sees it as a means of bettering herself. After rousing her fighting spirit with a beat of its drum, she issues commands that turn her allies into bold and fearless warriors. However, the Doppel has also inherited its master's carelessness: once its powers are activated, her allies tend to commit massive blunders regardless of their own intent. This irrational nature leads to harsh reviews from most allies. It also shares its master's penchant for declaring ritual suicide after mistakes, which makes it a rather troublesome Doppel."

RKGenki said:
she issues commands that turn her allies into bold and fearless warriors. However, the Doppel has also inherited its master's carelessness: once its powers are activated, her allies tend to commit massive blunders regardless of their own intent. This irrational nature leads to harsh reviews from most allies.
https://youtu.be/MC2JyFdOXBc?t=41

Probably a bad time to mention this, but does Sayaka ever actually tank an attack from H.N. Elly? All I can remember is her abusing her regen, but otherwise, every attack demolishing whatever part of Sayaka it comes across.

We decide to scale her durability because it's a mandatory boss fight in Portable iirc.

She doesn't tank anything in the anime if that's what you mean.

She tanked a kick from Homura ovo

Hmmm, well I'm not sure tbh. We don't know how the boss fights play out, and if the anime is anything to go by, it isn't pretty.

Well sure it's a mandatory boss fight but as shown by the anime she can win by abusing her regen to compensate for Durability

I'd give it more of a possibly then a certainty

Legit don't think that she scales from any durability feat either, if we don't count that.

There is Mami surviving being slammed into a wall by a witch that should be > Elly (due to Elly being complete fodder) but iirc Mami's dura is higher

We could calc the size of Elly's barrier....

...but there are too many doors/rooms, anything I would get would be an extreme lowball.

Wait, what if we started to use Portable's showings of the barriers?

We already have a calc for Elly's barrier, it's the 7-C one.

Calcing the versions in Portable would be fine imo, unless they are portrayed differently for whatever reason

Sorry, I meant Gertrud lol

I think some are, but barrier appearances are based on the mindset a girl has when she dies, so it should still scale.

So...

Cool Homura came out today in MagiReco, and the doppel translation is already out

"Homulilly (Doppel of karma. Mortal World Shaped)

The master of this emotion, looking for an exit, travels around many worlds and weaves enormous threads of karmic destinies. Following the master whose body was almost vitrified are the incomplete fourteen born in an emotion. Aiming at the accomplishment of a goal, the fourteen remove any obstacle in the way in a businesslike manner. The fourteen, regardless of their master's intention, ceaselessly weave the threads of karmic destinies into a more intricate karmic destiny, chasing the master to a labyrinth which probably makes her escape even more difficult. These emotions have yet to have any name to represent them."

Can't wait for the translations of her event now.

Also here's Nanaka's doppel translation

"MAURA (Master: Nanaka Tokiwa)

The Doppel of double-dealing. Its form is a shop curtain. This Doppel represents double-dealing. The master of this emotion feels some sense of guilt over the fact that her Doppel hardly incorporates any floral elements. This Doppel uses both a support-focused front side and an offensively-specialized back side to fight. In addition to being skilled at parrying enemy attacks, those who step through its curtain will have their souls led away to the world beyond."

"Beginning and Eternal: The Lost Record" <Homura's Side Story

"She belongs to a different timeline than the Homura headed to Kamihama City." <Homura's description

....Are the first two movies/manga an alternate timeline? If so, is anything non-canon at this point?

Ye, hence why for they're most part not really considered for anything, but it is strange that this Homura would have direct ties to them.

But then it continues with calling it the 'lost record'? Not to mention this is Homura's side story? Seems kinda weird to reference the movies when you're talking about the events that occur in a different timeline.

Although we'll probably find out when the images come out, as they'll either be movie or anime based.

Well the images are movie based, although, from what I've heard it takes a really different route.

PMMM Portable's version of Oktavia's barrier has a sky. Specifically very gray clouds (May be able to help to determine just how big it is).

PMMM Portable's version of a witch (Don't know which one) has a city. Probably illusionary.

PMMM Portable's version of Candeloro's barrier has a sky. Specifically significantly dark clouds (Probably bigger than Oktavia's)

Itzli's barrier also has a sky. Looks vast but probably will be calced less than anything else.

Current Tiering System:

1.5: Town level (Sayaka managed to harm H.N. Elly, we had previously discussed that scaling to durability might be iffy given the anime showed that Sayaka needed to abuse regen to survive)

4.5: Small City level (Mami created a massive explosion in 'Rebellion')

6: Island level (Magia Record Madoka)

Holy Mami and Campanella: Small City level+ (Waiting on calcs)

I can try to do something, but my access to PC is minimal during these days (almost always on mobile because university)

Also, some issues with the scaling.

1) Why we would assume that Elly's AP scales to her dura? Because that's the only thing that would make Sayaka 7-C

2) Sayaka did not use regen at all against Elly. There is a reason if they realize the fact that Sayaka has regen to begin with after Kyoko beats her up. The problem is that she wasn't hit at all to begin with

3) Why we'd scale Mami's normal AP from the absolute strongest variation of her strongest attack? Normal Tiro Finale is one thing, but the Low 7-B variation is literally the highest feat that Mami ever performed, and saying that her normal guns are in the same ballpark feels very wrong

1) Good point, but weren't you the one who argued that witch ap = dura for the longest time? I remember arguing against it but it got shut down.

2) I keep on confusing Elly with Elsa lol.

3) Well it isn't a suicide attack (Like Scorpion Spear) or the same circumstances as FT Madoka and Mami doesn't use up a massive amount of stamina, so while it is the strongest variation, it isn't leaps and bounds ahead of everything else.

Also, if you just tell me how to calc these, I can do it myself. (I'm guessing understanding where the clouds form and size comparisons are needed?

EDIT: Itzli looks like she has stratocumulus clouds.

Candeloro looks like she has nimbostratus clouds with altostratus background (Could just be grey background)

Can't really tell for Oktavia.

3. It not taking a massive amount of stamina isn't proof it's not massively above her normal attacks

Saber Alter can spamm her excaliblast repeatedly, but it's 6C while she's only physically 7A.

Has she been able to injure something that survive a Tiro Finale?

Erm, forgetting this is PMMM we're talking about? Her AP is in a set range and stamina has a direct correlation with the amount of magic you use here, it is quite literally explained in like the first few episodes with examples such as Sayaka accelerating her Soul Gem's corruption.

SomebodyData said:
Erm, forgetting this is PMMM we're talking about? Her AP is in a set range and stamina has a direct correlation with the amount of magic you use here, it is quite literally explained in like the first few episodes with examples such as Sayaka accelerating her Soul Gem's corruption.
Doesn't the same go for Nasuverse servants?

Yes

Where is stated that Tiro Finale doesn't use much more stamina? It's her strongest attack for a reason and if it wasn't massively more powerful it's pointless to even both using it except for AoE

Besides, if you've been killing witches as long as Mami has and have plenty of Grief Seeds, then even if your strongest attack uses up much more stamina you should still be completely fine.

1) I used to argue it for Elly because her AP was the equivalent of 0.5 in the tiering system. So her dura really could not be much lower, because even as a magical girl with a 0 rating, she'd still be backscaling from the 0.5, so the witch's durability really could not be that far away.

If it's the equivalent of 1.5 (which we still need proof of), the situation is different.

3) That still doesn't mean that the attack is in the same ballpark. She doesn't kill herself, ok, but this still doesn't mean that she isn't putting more power into that compared to a random bullet.

To calc the size of the labyrinths, either play a bit with the horizon calculator, or use the cloud altitude to determine how far the barrier extends.

@Rebuble Isn't their stamina based on their masters? It's been a while since I've seen anything Fate related so I could be wrong here, but regardless, the AP/magic is correlated to stamina part is true for PMMM. The only exceptions I could think of is if you amped something (like Homura), but not sure how effective of an argument that is (Would have to assume that Mami can amp her own magical weapons and not just normal weapons, she had prep time and amped the train without it being shown, Mami's amp isn't even that strong (As shown by Sayaka's bat), etc)

@Schnee well we quite literally see her soul gem on her head the majority of the time, if it did use that much stamina, it would be clouded, even if a little bit. She didn't use grief seeds in Rebellion tho, which was when she used this attack.

@Kal

1) Elly's AP is the equivalent of 0.5?

3) I'm not arguing she isn't, I'm saying its nowhere near something like an entire tier jump. It's like comparing ki blasts with the kamehameha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back