• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Puella Magi General Discussion VIII: Why am I even still apart of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Homu it was either the gacha description or twitter. (DidNothingRight specified on the previous thread)

@Kal weird... How much would that change the result?

The Bear Rumor doesn't scale. The key is more like how Mario is with his various suits, where each one is specified.

I'll add that to the list.

If its from the gacha, its probably a canon summary of the event/Nagisa. Kinda like how pamphlets/guides can also serve as advertisements.

The personal story has been summarized (I can link it if you want) but it deals with Nagisa on her first day as a magical girl.

The event story is about Charlotte invading and mass-duping everywhere and Nagisa alongside pink QBs stopping it.

Not sure where you got them being the same?

If those sites exist and want to let you read them for free, it doesn't mean they're legal. By publishing that link, you're allow milions of people to read them for free, so they won't buy the original manga. This will cause the publishing houses to loose lots of money and this is against the rules.

I would gladly spends some of my money if there are some book stores in my country that sells PMMM manga.

But since the most common manga in my country are the likes of One Piece and alike, I will sticks with these so called illegal way.

Assuming they would be taken down because of that, and they would but they're not.

So what? We're just trying to enjoy the series we like without going out of our way to find and buy the manga within our respective country. Of which not everyone is capable of doing so.

It's not like it's a capital offense.

I bought all of my Puella Magi manga from there because in my Country there are only Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Oriko Magica and Kazumi Magica

The mangas are only there for scans (Ignoring the fact that most people here have either bought the manga already or they are not sold in their home nations to begin with).

The alternative (No scans at all) would be horrible. Literally no way to prove anything. Not to mention, wouldn't renders also fall under this? That would kinda make a lot of things illegal had the context not been the same.

Even if mangas are only for scans, there are lots of people who can abuse it and read all of them. The alternative is still better than breaking the rules and do piracy. Renders don't fall under this because it doesn't affect publishing houses' incomes from them.

Neither does this when the only like, 5 or 8 people who read them here either don't have access normally or already bought them.

The alternative is basically just bringing unjustifed stats, which to everyone else would either be wank, downplay, lying.

Renders come from said manga, if cropped out or small pages are used for scans (which is what we do) then they are essentially the same.

You can't be sure that only 5 or 8 people here read them. This wiki is visited by milions of people and, among them, a high percentage may read those mangas.

This is just a way to say you want to defend your interest and this wiki's one committing illegal acts. This isn't even right towards people (me included) who have payed lots of money to buy those mangas.

Renders are obtained by cropping out pages and, as such, aren't subjected to this because they are final products which derived from man's fatigue.

Actually he is as that's how few people visit this discussion

That's your decision if you wish to pay for them, it's not unfair to you, you choose it

According to your argument, people can do how many illegal things they want. If it had been like this, there would have been an economic collapse and lots of publishing houses would have go bankrupt.

How many of those people like a franchise as dead (Western world wise) as Madoka? How many visit this thread specifically? (They aren't linked to any profiles) How many even click the link? There is probably like, 2 people who have clicked those links to read the entire thing, and those are the ones who don't even have access to the manga to begin with.

Again, there is literally at most like 5 or 8 people who've even opened the links with way more having to do so for renders or cropped out scans.

Gonna have to point out the elephant in the room, but don't you come from a wiki that plagurized the tiering system? You really don't have any moral high ground.

...You mean like the scans are? Renders and our scans here are cropped out, there is little to no difference here.

Pointing out you're being a hypocrite wasn't the main point tho, it was to show that even you don't really believe your argument.

And yeah, I can count how many people enter the discussion (literally nayone can), its around 13 if we include all the threads before this ig.

Your entire argument is literally based on ethics (And ignoring the context of why we have scans) so when you don't even apply said ethics, it becomes relevant.

Also, noticed that your red herring statement is literally just you avoiding all of our points, ironically being a red herring...

Just no. As long as it gives credit to the wiki it originated from, it fulfills Fandom's terms of use (If you haven't read them yet, I recommend you to read them).

That red herring statement was supposed to say your statement was a fallacy, so it would have been useless to continue the discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back