• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: Shadow Erasure

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Check on the thread after a few hours
-Like 5 people are talking about jacking off
image7.jpg

People are completely misunderstanding me when I say "metaphysical." When I use words like "metaphysical" while under a physical context (like the physical body of a person.) I'm not discussing outside constructs like the "soul" or "mind." Concepts which we all agree are traditionally considered as fundamental. I'm discussing the idea that your physical existence has metaphysical importance when dealing with Existence Erasure. I believe what we consider as Existence Erasure, normally, is the removal of that metaphysical underpinning which allows you to participate in reality. It's the complete removal of your physical form from existence. I know more powerful forms of Existence Erasure can erase your soul, mind, concept, placement in time, or even from the plot of your narrative. I don't disagree with this. I just disagree with the idea that a bunch of statements about erasure is enough for Existence Erasure, even if said "erasure" is done through supernatural means.

It's similar how a bunch statements about this object being a "concept", or someone stated to have "conceptual" abilities isn't enough for Conceptual Manipulation unless it satisfies our requirements for Conceptual Manipulation.

If my idea of what we consider as Existence Erasure is wrong, then it's wrong. I'm just under that assumption since it makes the most logical sense to me when I read our standards.

Yeah still not seeing that argument. As far as I'm aware there is no official standard for Existence Erasure nor are there any requirements outside of it being non hyperbolic.

You can't compare Existence erasure to conceptual manipulation as the latter is far more complex than the former, thus it was given a standard. To keep things short, this is hardly a legitimate counter argument unless you can refer to these EE "standards" which aren't even noted in the page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back