• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Puella Magi Discussion Thread X: Gacha is Suffering

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno, we might have to talk about that. All the examples look pretty physical to me.

The witch barriers from the outside can be around the size of a little cube or an egg while the inside can be as big as a modern city. If the barriers are "physical" in nature, the outside and the inside parts of the barrier cannot be on the different size from each other. It would contradicted its nature if the barrier being physical.

It is similar to Reality Marble from Fate Series.

It's just that's already a profile, well it hasn't been used yet, still seems a bit rash.

Witch profile will be finished soon-ish.

Also should I call the Witch page "Witch Physiology (Puella Magi)" or "Malefica Physiology"?

The latter is the Puella Magi equal to the Witch classification, but its only been used in Kazumi Magica atm.

I was thinking since it was just some sort of project, it would be fine. But eh, sure I can wait.

With that said, I won't be available replying for a while starting tomorrow. Stuffs happens and all.

This is so sudden but, how do we judge the potency of Mindhax again? Says that there is a Mindhax that works on a billion of people at once, would it works on a robot which doesn't has a brain to begin with?

Well no, but since Witches will be getting Tech Manip it doesn't matter anymore.

Well, I was actually referring to the Mindhax in general.

Since witches have Inorganic Physiology type 2 and after reading the description, I thinks they would be immune to Mindhax which messed brain. Also, while Magical girls obviously have brain, the soul gems (which we already knew are actual soul) have the actual controls of Magical Girl bodies.

So this would be an upgrade for their Mindhax resistances.

New episode is out.

Gotta say, they changes so many stuffs (again) that now the Anime feels so cheesy and just doesn't feel like it's a Madoka Magica anime (well, considering It's not Urobochi who write the story, I should have expected this). Yachiyo Arc is next and just hoping they won't skips the importants part since that is my last hope with the Anime.

On other hand, AI labyrinth is so freaking huge.

I dunno, the game's story still feels 10x as cheesy. It kinda feels like the anime is cursed by the game's plot.

The OST in the anime in particular is probably my favorite improvement.

AI seems rather op in the anime. It also seems her range really do go as far as real radio waves, judging by the multiple places they go to / the starry sky. It also seems to have retconned her weakness.

AI's Stuffs:

Rumor Physiology (If I ever make it), Longevity (Described herself to be an endless Uwasa), Memory Manipulation (Placed Sana's memories in full display in her barrier), Shapeshifting (Transforms from a tall, more digital form, into a relatively more normally looking tall girl when interacting with Iroha Tamaki), Creation and Weapon Creation (Created sand for Sana Futaba to play with and later on a dagger as well), Weather Manipulation (Seemingly made it rain in her Denpa World while talking with Sana about having to leave her barrier), Summoning (Created living chest pieces that were capable of fighting amongst themselves), Technology Manipulation (Capable of controlling everything from the power of lights to tv screens to telephones, even multiple at a time, with ease), Intangibility (Immaterial, is made out of data; even her shape-shifted appearance is still shown to be data when interacting with rain. Somehow can make herself double intangible.), Telekinesis (Has control over the orbs found in her barrier), Data Manipulation (Crashed her own barrier in her attack against Alina Gray), combat applicable BFR (Rewrote Alina's coordinates, teleporting her outside her own barrier), possible Ice Manipulation (Caused pillars of ice to break through her barrier, but it could also be glass).

Range: At least Planetary (As a Uwasa, we know their barriers are a mixture of the real world and a pocket reality, and AI was shown capable of moving into the depths of the sea to a volcanic area to even the North Pole), possibly Interstellar (Shown twice that barrier includes the appearance of a starry sky over a desert and the north pole, but whether she can manipulate it is unknown).

Also Sana / AI gets Resistance to extreme Heat Manipulation and Ice Manipulation.

Alina Gray's Extrasensory Perception gets boosted (Can detect what occurs outside of her barriers, such as AI's betrayal of the Wings of Magius), Homing Attack (Can curve her own beams of light against her enemies, Corruption (Her Doppel's paint warped and transformed AI into a feral Uwasa state). Does not need to have her soul gem corrupted to Doppel transform.

Non-Physical Interaction (Immaterial; in the game, Iroha Tamaki, Madoka Kaname, Homura Akemi (Magia Record), and Sana Futaba managed to defeat AI; in the anime, Alina Gray is shown kicking AI's text box away.

I mean it might get better. Fate/Grand Order also had a pretty terrible start with its first 5 or so chapters but the later chapters got much better. Magia Record is the same and gets better later on right?

Peter1129 said:
I mean it might get better. Fate/Grand Order also had a pretty terrible start but the later chapters got much better. Magia Record is the same right? Right?
FGO started alright to me, but went downhill when the episode where MC rides Ishtar's boat (or that giant bow thingy). It heavily contradicted with Lore.

@SD What is her weakness again?

I don't know much about the lore so I don't have anything to say about it. But the story did get better once starting from the sixth singularity. It's probably one of my top 3 favorite among the Type-Moon verse with the release of the more recent chapters.

But still did Magia Record ever start getting better to the point where it nearly reached the quality of Madoka or any of the better spinoff mangas? Cause right now looking on the wiki the anime is on chapter 5 but so far it just seems okay and not amazing.

@Schnee

Y'all just negative

She'll eventually fade away from existence.

@Peter

The first five chapters for Magia Record are the better part of the game's main story.

SomebodyData said:
@Peter

The first five chapters for Magia Record are the better part of the game's main story.
Sigh. Welp there goes my hope of the main story of Magia Record getting better. So far I wouldn't give the Magia Record anime anything more than a 7/10.

I honestly thought Magia Record was gonna be like another Fate/Grand Order where it starts off around a 6/10 and slowly starts climbing up to a 10/10. If this really is the peak of Magia Record than I guess I'll just keep my hopes for the new Madoka series rather than Magia Record. Or if possible I hope to see another spinoff manga.

See, this was my biggest issue with the MG genre, and why it's so hard for me to get into, this embodies all the problems I had with generic series.

At least I saw who I wanted

Funnily enough, VSB seems to be the only part of the fanbase that is negative about the anime lol.

imbd has it almost the same as the original, mal has it 1.2 pts away from the og, reddit and other meguca fans also seem to like it.

Niconico started it off with a 75% rating, now its 85.8 from episode 7.

@SomebodyData I mean Magia Record is good as in it's above the average for a modern anime but it really doesn't match up to Madoka or any of the spinoffs at their peak.

Yeah well SAO is ranked really high on those sites as well so hell if I trust them

But I'm glad for it's success regards

@Peter I could see the issue when comparing it the og, sure.

But the spin-offs? Might be the nostalgia here.

What Nostalgia is too be had from not even ten year old spinoffs of the series.

The main cast carried the spin offs

Beast Zero Gudako said:
If they would do a spin-off, I hopes It's about Walpurgis when she was still a Magical Girl.
Please, she must have been an absolute Reaper during her days

Okay, so I updated my post with all the abilities we saw in the episode. AI is gonna be stacked.

Also, Doppel barriers are canon via Alina's enterance, too bad I have no idea how to calc their size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back