• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Puella Magi Discussion Thread X: Gacha is Suffering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Added a feat for Manaka and Sasara if anyone is a fan of either.

Hey SD, there is something I want to ask.

After understanding a bit more about Type 5 Acausality, are you sure Madoka is vulnurable to Type 2 Concept Manip in general?

I mean, unless said concept manip has the feat bypassing her Acausality like Homura, I cannot see her getting affected by it since Cause and Effect is garbage to her.

Example: Says that shouting is the cause that activate the Concept Manip, and the effect is to destroy concept.

Idk tbh, it depends on how the wiki works atm, you would have to ask someone who made the rules.

iirc

It's because type 2 concepts are also just beyond cause and effect, and in general type 2 concept manip bypasses type 5 acausality.

From the Type 5 description, I would say that Type 2 CM in general wouldn't be able to reach Madoka because the "effect" will never reach her since she is detached from Cause and Effect.

You'd need to change type 5 acausality or type 2 concept manip in general though then. It's accepted on the wiki that type 2 concept manip >>>> type 5 acausality.

Madoka's isn't really a special case that's just every type 5 acausal user.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
iirc
It's because type 2 concepts are also just beyond cause and effect, and in general type 2 concept manip bypasses type 5 acausality.
I think this only the case if the user is also beyond cause and effect. Because unless they have feat, the "activation" of the Type 2 CM will still counts as the "Cause", and the effect is....the effect, both which Type 5 Acausal views as insignificant thing.

if type 2 concepts transcended like acausality type 5, wouldn't that mean all type 2 concepts inheritly have acausality type 5?

SomebodyData said:
if type 2 concepts transcended like acausality type 5, wouldn't that mean all type 2 concepts inheritly have acausality type 5?
Yupyup.

Although that also goes in a case by case basis, logically they would be.

Well by that definition it wouldn't be case by case, if you don't have aacausality type 5, you wouldn't be a type 2 concept.

But on to the topic of the thread: I've added several feats to the calc evaluation thread. Nothing upgrade worthy, just feats for the pages. Also created profiles for Kuro, Yuma Chitose, and Kazusa Michiru. Plan on eventually releasing a page for Kei and Yuu once I can find renders of them. Untill then, probably will release a Suzune Magica or Kazumi Magica character.

We're just overly cautious with Type 5 acausality, but yeah, case-by-case was the wrong word there. But logically, Type 1 AE of a Type 2 Concept=Type 5 Acausality too many ******* types

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back