• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Puella Magi Discussion Thread X: Gacha is Suffering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so question.

Shouldn't all magical girls get resistance to Reality Warping? Witches spam that as much as they do mindhax, but the firdt example off the top of my head is Sayaka just plowing through Elly despite her reality warp.

Second off, should we make a Magical Girl Physiology page akin to something like Servant Physiology?

The resistance has already been covered as "resistance to magic" in their profiles.

We already have a blog for it, but I think only few that have it in their profiles.

I wouldn't mind making a page for it, probably one for witches too, but that would require revising too many things for my liking.

So I think I wanna calc a feat in the "A La Carte Valentine" event:

Basically a barrier is destroyed, but in doing so created an earthquake that managed to destroy a building in the outside world. The witches' familiars were enough in number to tire out Madoka Kaname, so its safe to assume the barrier is probably on the larger side of the spectrum. Fortunately for the girls, the real world was unaffected by the quake, except for said building.

So now I ask what to rank it as:

7 because it because it was capable of demolishing a building? (Kinda unrealistic since buildings in Japan are meant to resist earthquakes anyways)

8 because it destroyed a building almost entirely, likely resistant to earthquakes?

9 because it destroyed the barrier in the process? (Too much of a stretch for me personally.)

I'm thinking about just putting it as 7.5 as a sort of mid-ball. It would also scale to Kako and Kanoko (defended their chocolates of fate from the hoards of familiars, but were eventually defeated) which is consistent with the ratings we already have.

Sad.

Also, regarding the scene where Iroha and co entered the Rumor Denpa, Iroha said this: "Have we blended into the radio waves or something?"

She doesn't seem so sure, but we all know the Magical Girl resisted getting their body altered by Reality Warping. It seems to me that they didn't turn into radio waves and still on their physical bodies to me.

Yeah, well, now I'm thinking it was probably not enough evidence, so I'm scrapping that for now.

Now I'm planning "Puella Magi Physiology" and "Witch Physiology (Puella Magi)" pages to make revisions super easy.

The Physiology pages should be helpful too to make the profiles less of clusterfuck.

Also, I'm planning to re-read the Wraith Arc. I do believes Homura (and possibly Ultimate Madoka) are missing something.

Ye but I've got to ask Kal about uses elements from his explanation blog for the profiles.

Go ahead, though, I think we might find more stuff in the other spin-off manga.

Well I've kinda been derailed by all the other stuff ngl.

If the Uwasa turns out to not be that cool, I'll probably update Alina or Tamura instead this week.

This thread reminds me of something.

Shouldn't every witches get cross-dimensional range since they can affects people outside of their barriers?

I know the barrier size are limited, but that doesn't change the fact It's located on seperate dimension from real world.

Watches episodes of magireco I missed

Wow that lucky water must have some insane luck amp if it can get Iroha a 4-star in the gacha.

This is the same girl who can't even get her guaranteed 4-star due to bad luck

@Beast technically, yes. Would prefer to write it as part of their reality warping in the general blog mk II that pocket realities don't really stop them from affecting the real world.

@Edward

MagiRepo Iroha must be rolling in her grave.

heh, rolling.

Kinda off-topic with the revisions but more in line with the General Discussion part but:

Why do you guys think they switched the location of the current Rumor? I couldn't think of any other than perhaps being a sign of massive change for the searching for Rumors / the Magius Base arc, which could be a very good sign for the speculah regarding the plot.

And another thing regarding change:

I think we should split the responsibility of the verse to individual members. To be honest, outside of Beast's recent CRTs, I've been the one mostly revising the profiles and its starting to burn me out. Haven't had much time for the bigger revisions or adding profiles (ie like adding Kazumi Magica characters because they are absolutely necessary for Kanna's and Kazumi's stats or revising Holy Alina).

So I'm proposing we take care of parts of the verse (Of course, if you're too busy with other verses / irl stuff you could just say and I'll remove you from the list):

SomebodyData Profile Creation: I'd handle creating profiles, its what I've been doing best for the previous years (I'd hope). I could probably start pumping out profiles once or twice a week with ease thanks to EN Magia Record and a large backlog of profiles to make. I'll still be revising the profiles, but once the physiology pages are done, I'll probably stop for a long time.

Beast Zero Gudako Updating: Given you've made two CRTs as of late and you're probably the most up to date on the quality of the profiles via vs threads, is it alright if you take this part? I'll still finish the current revisions, so it'll probably be easy for you as long as nothing tiering / stats wise happens.

Schnee One Aesthetic: Improving the quality of the profiles, by adding grief seeds, memoria, or whatever. Since you're a mod I think its best you take this side as to not really put stress on you.

If anyone else wants to take a piece of the pie, go ahead and ask, but you should know you may have to be online more often.

I uhh

Yeah I kinda suck at sdoing editing on files, I can help with the lifting strength but I can't add abilities (In fact I can't even add matches)

Eds here tho

I don't mind handling updating profiles after work (one or two profiles per day to update sounds easy for my schedule). Although it would be an issue for the locked profiles tho.

eh, the only pages that should be locked are Madoka, Homura, Gretchen, and the AoC. And I can argue that even they shouldn't be locked.

So not being a content mod/admin shouldn't be a problem.

Just checked on the Christmas event, and it seems like Holy Mami's High 4-C feat was really come from RW. The calc probably needs to be evaluate by calc member first.

Also, would it be far fetched to assume Madoka resists most, if not all of UKG offensive abilities? Both of them are trying to destroy each other as I recall and I don't think Madoka would survives UKG if she doesn't resist the conceptual erasure since UM lacks of regen to survive from that.

@Ed would you mind taking over aesthetic? Out of all the responsibilites, there's not really any deadline so you can handle it at your own pace.

They probably shouldn't be locked anymore with the current rules in place. I'll probably unlock them myself if no one disagrees.

@Beast Noice

For the time being, its probably best to just have UKG resisting UM since the latter is confirmed to be conceptually bound to try everything possible to destroy her. At most, UKG's passives scale.

@Schnee I schnee

The Magical girl should also have the Spatial NPI as well.

In latest episode, Kyoko can break through the witch barrier by throwing her spear. And we know in rebellion, Madoka can cracked the sky inside of Homulilly barrier.

Since the witch barriers are spatial in nature, I thinks Magical girl should have spatial NPI as well.

I will also includes clips from anime and movie as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back