• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Puella Magi Discussion Thread X: Gacha is Suffering

Status
Not open for further replies.
@SomebodyData I don't know if it's just nostalgia. The spinoffs like Tart Magica and Kazumi Magica had a certain charm to it where despite not being Madoka Magica it's still really good. Magia Record just doesn't hit the overall peak that the other series managed to do. For me this is how I'd rank the other madoka series

Madoka Magica: 10/10

Madoka Magica: Wraith Arc: 7/10

Madoka Magica: Rebellion: 9/10

Madoka Magica: Different Story: 9/10

Madoka Magica: Homura's Revenge: 7.5/10

Oriko Magica: 6/10

Oriko Magica: Extra Story: 6.5/10

Oriko Magica: Sadness Prayer 8/10

Kazumi Magica: 8.5/10

Suzune Magica: 6/10

Tart Magica: 9/10

Homura Tamura: 10/10

@Peter Maybe its because I read all the other spin-offs (Like my favorites, Cafe Grief Seed and 30yr old Mami) that its not cheesy for me.

Also RIP Suzune and Oriko

I could never really find those comedy spinoff mangas or doujins or whatever without having to download something that doesn't work on my computer. So no comment there.

To me I personally think Magia Record and its cast would probably work better as a slice of life with magical girls rather than having a main story that's kinda meh.

Peter1129 said:
To me I personally think Magia Record would probably work better as a slice of life with magical girls rather than having a main story that's kinda meh.
Mami Tomoe's Mundane everyday life.

There ya go

Beast Zero Gudako said:
@Peter Six is just too generous for Suzune Manga.
True. I kinda just gave it a 6/10 since I don't remember much about it and my standard is that 6 means just readable or watchable but I don't recommend it.

I think I might still have a couple of copies of those spin-offs, I'd just have to find them.

Coincidentally, f4samurai (the guys who made the original plot) are considered really great when it comes to the slice of life events in Magia Record, like all the event stories. It's probably why the main story sucks but all the event stories are fantastic.

I'll reread Suzune Magica and see if I would score it lower. It'll probably take me an hour or two to finish the whole thing.

I do wonder how they would do Wal's story as a magical girl, something along the lines of wishing she was the greatest Nun at a Young Age.

Beast Zero Gudako said:
Your funeral
I've read some terrible mangas and watched some terrible animes. I doubt Suzune Magica will be anything worse than some of those I've seen back when I first started getting into anime/manga.

Thought it referenced Walpurgis night (Walpurgisnacht as it's worded) https://www.britannica.com/topic/Walpurgis-Night

"The origins of the holiday date back to pagan celebrations of fertility rites and the coming of spring. After the Norse were Christianized, the pagan celebration became combined with the legend of St. Walburga, an English-born nun who lived at Heidenheim monastery in Germany and later became the abbess there."

"In Germany the holiday is celebrated by dressing in costumes, playing pranks on people, and creating loud noises meant to keep evil at bay."

Prolly both tbh

She was regarded as the strongest witch ever (before the obvious Gretchen of course), she was probably stronger than Mami or Tart as Magical Girl.

Now that I think about it it's been like forever and we still never learned of Walpurgisnacht's identity. Back than people thought it was Homura, than when Tart Magica came out people thought it was Tart, and when Magia Record came out people thought it was Mitama. And now there's no more candidate.

Being the strongest witch really doesn't portray how strong a Magical Girl was

Correct me if I'm wrong but their were Low 7B MG who became low 7B witches

Walpurgis got stronk because of the fusion, her mg form's strength is unknown.

@Beast Zero Gudako Yeah apparently there were theories of Walpurgisnacht being Homura after some kind of time travel shenanigans. And than I remember seeing one about Mitama once. Haven't seen any of those in quite a while though.

Mitama was considering the best canidate for a while thanks to the fact that she would have the easiest access to soul fusion (her magic being affecting souls and being the one magical girl who communicates with an entire city)

Her aesthetic was also disturbingly similar to Walpurgis, and her wish coincided with the destruction brought by Walpurgis.

But now we know it ain't her.

So... uh just found out the 30 yr old Mami series is still ongoing. On their 7th vol actually.

SomebodyData said:
Mitama was considering the best canidate for a while thanks to the fact that she would have the easiest access to soul fusion (her magic being affecting souls and being the one magical girl who communicates with an entire city)
Her aesthetic was also disturbingly similar to Walpurgis, and her wish coincided with the destruction brought by Walpurgis.

But now we know it ain't her.
That is very interesting theory.

googles Mami Tomoe's everyday life

4 chapters on every last site

Does it really only have 4 chapters

The rest of the chapters got hakai'd for some reason.

RIP, I really liked the comedic spinoffs.

@SomebodyData I'm guessing you read on Mangarock? They shut down their site a while back so that's probably why.

That's illegal on vsb @Beast gotta search it up, though its all on the first page of any spinoff.

@Peter that makes me sad. Dang, that's an entire part of the verse that will never get known now.

Since when PMMM comea back to live?

JK but seeing the spin-off discussion and seeing how praised Kazumi and Tart are make me wish they adapting that two like damn the wait is killing me

And btw are you guys wish for Puella Magi fighting game?

Probably because the story would be either basically the same like the original show (with some little twist), or it being non-canon or both.

Fighting game PMMM will looks cheesy (to me), unless the graphic isn't like the one in Arcade. RPG or open world adventure game are more fitting for this series.

Why would it need to have a story to begin with? Games are about gameplay with a story to compliment them usually.

Graphics are a subjective matter so eh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back