• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Puella Magi Discussion Thread X: Gacha is Suffering

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomebodyData

El SiD
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Retired
Previous Thread

What to do: Everything has been accepted so far. Just finishing the updates on Magia Record, then releasing the Uwasa of the Breakup Staircase and Akira Shinobu. After that, planning on separating Character profiles on series and group. Then mass dropping profiles. - SomebodyData's Job

Is anyone willing to volunteer to update Lifting Strength? Burnt out after updating most of the profiles. - Available for anyone.

So what's everyone's opinion on Magia Record's anime?

Note to self: 1 = Main Cast, 2 = Madoka Series Cast, 3 = 2-3 stars.

Spoiler warning!
This article contains plot details about an upcoming episode.
Content Revision contains Spoilers.

Only watched the first episode and thought it was very meh, and apparently it drops from here, if Mayu has more of a presence later I may keep watching

What's the lifting strength? I can update as much as I can.

0: (Weaklings) At least Regular Human (Homura Akemi can lift a row of RPG-7s and place them down with relative ease. Has used an FN Minimi with two belt cartridges equipped at the same time.) Possibly Class 1 (Melissa's father, La Hire, is capable of dual-wielding 0.3 ton hammers despite being a regular Human. Magical girls should be physically stronger than regular humans such as him.)

1-2.5:(Town - Small City) Class 5 (Ayame Mikuri, a reasonably regular magical girl, mentioned she's capable of lifting cars in potential competition with Felicia. Kako Natsume also takes this seriously and attempts to stop them from causing damage to the city). Second reasoning: (Iroha Tamaki, one of the weaker magical girls in Magia Record, was capable of lifting a 2.4 ton slab before even being enhanced.)

3+: (City level-At least City level) At least Class 10 (Felicia's hammer weighs several tons alone, who regularily is considered a fairly strong magical girl albeit still inferior to Kamihama girls such as Yachiyo Nanami.)

?: (Just put it for everyone higher than City level) Class 50 (Felicia in a berserker state [Unlocked only when facing witches] becomes significantly stronger, and her hammer actually expands in size by several tons as well. [Unknown who to scale to.] I just know she's stronger than Kyoko in this form (One-shotted a witch that she was struggling with, meaning its possibly 3.5+).

Yeah, that's very consistent with Ayame's feat. Noice.

Imma also have to edit the tiering system before I forget.

So:

Yachiyo Nanami: Enhanced Senses (Managed to see the emblem of Candy's barrier through a crack several aisles away)

Tsuruno Yui: Psuedo-Flight, At least Small City level (One-shot Candy, who in turn was able to no-sell Iroha Tamaki's hits, on top of being superior to normal witches).

Candy: Prone to evasion, Reality Warping (Warped the customers around the magical girls in a market.)

Shrine Rumor: Creation (Materialized several wooden planks out of thine air), Life Manipulation (Once written on, the wooden planks previously mentioned are given life and turned to minor Rumors), Darkness Manipulation (Several shadowy figures manifest to prevent people from partaking in the Rumor without actively writing on the planks), Memory Manipulation (Can bring about illusions of people from the memories of its victims).

Iroha may not be Small City level, huh. Even Candy is just mocking her at this point. Think Imma have to downgrade her to "At least Town level"

Before I forget, I do have a bit of an interesting CRT in mind for the future, though I'd like to finish these updates first.

The evidence for it comes from Suzune Magica and Tamura Magica of all places lol.

Shit, Schnee debunked it already.

@Beast Magical Girls having a resistance (to a degree) to abilities they already have.

SomebodyData said:
@Beast Magical Girls having a resistance (to a degree) to abilities they already have.
Wouldn't this make Kazumi be even more broken considering she got shittons of hax?

Edit: Actually, assuming if this also includes the God Tier, they will also get even more broken than before.

I re-read Homura Tamura and forced my way through the mess that is Suzune Magica. The only thing that indicating Magical Girl having resistance to their abilities is when Tamura stop time to prank Mami. And another version of Homura can move within stopped time without needing to physically touch Tamura.

I feel like if they toned down the edge and kept Suzune as a villian, it could have been an interesting discussion on whether Kyubey's logic (the few vs the many) is really that far apart from ordinary people's.

But nah, bring out an evil twin like a soap opera lol

There are legit silent protagonists who are better villains then Suzune

She's edge without a point and she's not even interesting

Also what even is her age?

It would have been really interesting if maybe she had some sort of distrubed messiah complex, thinking she was saving people and magical girls by killing them or her being some metaphor for something. Even with the brainwash, it doesn't make sense why she switched all things considered tbh

Initially 18, she's now canonically 14-15. I'm guessing the change is to better fit the PMMM standard as well as the massive plot holes that would arrive, or because GAN is NSFW and he wanted to lewd Suzune at one point but decided probably not a good idea.

Messiah Complexes are usually boring because they come from a very one sided view of issues, sure she can be saving them from future suffering but she's also killing them and getting innocents killed by having less magical girls killing witches, and handwaving it by being "Oh she's crazy" doesn't help either. Her not being fully there in the head but still being a good person who snapped after some event would be better, more importantly she needs to be an antagonist, a protagonist just doesn't work.

<Lewd Suzune

What the actual ****.

I dunno, I think it could be pulled off with Suzune, with a sort Mami gone wrong with Godoka imagery going on.

Its a guess, but who knows. GAN's twitter doesn't seem to be NSFW anymore, though I wouldn't open it up in public.

alright so manga questions-

I've read Tart Magica, Homura Tamura, and Oriko Magica.

So, should I read Kazumi Magica or Suzune Magica.

You could also read Oriko Sadness Prayer, its basically a prequel that turns into a remake that's waaaaaay better.

Episode 5 Stuffs:

Shrine Rumor: Large Size (Type 0; shown as a long almost serpentine creature in the anime), Perception Manipulation (Actively affecting the people who entered the barrier in regards to their loved ones), Regenerationn (High-Mid; Yachiyo had torn cut the Rumor into three pieces and then tore threw a huge portion of its head, to which it recovered with ease), Water Manipulation (On top of attacking with bubbles, actively shown manipulating the water in its barrier), Power Nullification (The water from its bubble attacks negated the magic of Tsuruno Yui), Explosion Manipulation (Can cause its bubble attacks to explode upon contact), Flight (Flew through the several bridges of its barrier).

Mifuyu: Homing Attack.

I feel like perhaps I can better calc the barrier now. Also that was a real cool redesign for both the shrine and Doppel Giovanna. It seems they retconned the short Doppel timeframe too.

The anime really is >>> of the game man. Episode 5 is now my new favorite.

That ending with Kaede tho, got my hopes back up that the series was gonna be like the main series again.

Also, used the hype to create this: Uwasa of the Commoner's Horse. Thinking with each episode I'll be energized enough to make a new profile instead of updating the profiles.

Oh yeah, Wolf vs Sayaka should probably be removed, no one talked about memoria or her enhancement from chapter 10 from what I can tell, she (unjokingly) tanks his hits and probably one shots from what I can tell.

I'd recommend doing it against regular Sayaka, tho it may be more stompish.

Yeah, it seems to be actually used in the series, rather than the 1 time the protags use it and the 100 times holy mami and alina use it as a threat.

And seems like they just gotta need in a rather hopeless situation to activate it. They doesn't seems need to exhaust their Magical reserves first.

And the few minutes time limit doesn't seems exist too as far as I can see.

Ye

I've heard speculah that the anime is going off a different outline for the story, one that was apparently ditched by chapter 5. Anyone aware with the Japanese side of things know about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back