• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The God-tiers can be outright 8-B.

The high-mid tiers should be "At least Building level (scaling to Bellatrix's shockwave, likely Large Building level+"

The mid-tiers should be "At least Small Building level (scaling to werewolves), likely Large Building level (scaling to Finite)"

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:

The high-mid tiers should be "At least Building level (scaling to Bellatrix's shockwave, likely Large Building level+"

The mid-tiers should be "At least Small Building level (scaling to werewolves), likely Large Building level (scaling to Finite)"
Where does the plus come from?

Well, I am personally fine with that, but we still need some calc group evaluation help.

this, though the calcs still need to be evaluated.

Okay. As I probably mentioned earlier, if the evaluations are taking too long, you can politely ask some other staff nembers for help via their message walls.

Dargoo Faust said:
Voldemort's barrier destruction can probably be calced via an explosion looking at this, or at least the airblast.
What can we scale that to?
All Wielders of the Elder Wand should be above that. This was Voldemort without the Elder Wands allegiance.

This was not even the Full Power of the Wand, as this quote proves:

'My ― my Lord?' said Snape blankly. 'I do not understand. You ― you have performed extraordinary magic with that wand.'

'No,' said Voldemort. 'I have performed my usual magic. I am extraordinary, but this wand … no. It has not revealed the wonders it has promised. I feel no difference between this wand and the one I procured from Ollivander all those years ago.'

So, since Dumbledore and Gellert Grindewald at least comparable to Voldemort, with the Elder Wands allegiance they should be vastly superior to that again.

Depends. We still have not seen anything but Voldemort (and only in the movies) ever going All-Out.

It really would not suprise me if the God Tier do end up 7-C before the Phantastic Beasts Series is over.

Heilergott said:
Depends. We still have not seen anything but Voldemort (and only in the movies) ever going All-Out.
Voldemort struggled to do that Hogwart's shield thing. He was clearly breathing heavily.

And Grindelwald is 8-B via Spino's accepted calc of his fire. He was extremely casual, dancing with the fires as if it was nothing.

That might just have been because he was pissed and fighting with the Elder Wand, but yeah.

Grindelwald still seems like something else thought. That Fiendfyre in the last movie, damn.

Heilergott said:
Grindelwald still seems like something else thought. That Fiendfyre in the last movie, damn.
It was not Fiendfyre. It was something called Protego Diabolica, and it was calced as 8-B.

Are there any official numbers for how large Hogwarts is? 700 feet seems very excessive for a school.

Thanks. So 360 metres across then? That does not tell us how tall it is though.

Why not just scale the height of Hogwarts based on the known length using pixel scaling lol?

The link:

"Here is a rough estimate to sheer size, based on the films at least.

The scale model of Hogwarts at the Studio Tour is built to a 1:24 scale. http://origin.wbstudiotour.co.uk/en/tour/hogwarts-castle-model

It is said to be 50 feet across - meaning right across from one side to the other, so that encompasses a lot of land around the castle but not the Forbidden Forest or Lake. The model includes the Owlery, the boat house and the wooden bridge but not Hagrid's hut or the Quidditch pitches as these would be further out.

If we take 50 feet to be about 15 metres then the area taken up by the main body of the castle itself should be about 360 metres across."

The stackexchanger didn't post any other stuffs though :mad:

We are uncertain where the 360 m value comes from however, as the link is broken.

The Astronomy Tower is the tallest tower for Hogwarts, but I'm not sure how to find a height for that.

Actually there is no need to scale the height of the castle, we just have to use the 365.76 m figure as the diametre of the explosion (divide by two to get radius) and we're done, since we're assuming a hemisphere that wraps around the Hogwarts castle.

Back