• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Okay. I suppose that you can apply the agreed upon other changes in the meantime.

Okay. So what are the final results for the proposed revisions?

Actually it makes a slight difference. Since Grindelwald's feat is invalid we have to scale to Credence's hill-busting instead.

Credence's feat is 13.28 tons of TNT, so 4.43 tons each for the high-mid tiers, or Large Building level.

For the low-mid ones, Harry and Hermione etc, they are 4.43/3 or 1.476 tons of TNT, Building level+

Okay. The problem is that I do not think that Voldemort was presented as just as powerful as Dumbledore, and per extension Grindelwald and Credence.

The high end of Credence's feat was never accepted though. The feat is 1.5 Tons.

I also think that violent fragmentation is more reliable, but you need to convince other calc group members.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
@Dargoo Faust can you explain why the calc is a low-ball?
We only see the initial blast of it, and not how much of the mountain it effects/collapses. It cuts back to Credence before we can really get a good idea of the level of destruction it caused. So my calc basically just used the initial blast of it and what was initially moved/broken.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
Well TataHakai says that the rocks seem to big to be violent fragmentation, but he wouldn't mind much if we used the 8-B end.
Also, Blademan posted this on my wall:

Blademan9999 said:
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Dargoo_Faust/Harry_Potter:_Credence_Busts_a_Hill Violent fragmentation is for when something is broken into tiny pieces.

While here the cliff was broken into large chunks and don't seem to be launched away, so violent fragmentation is unsuitable..

Also the fireball was significantly closer to the camera then hi head and appears to be at least as close to the camera as his hands are. So it should be scaled of his hands, not his head, and that's being generous. As such you have overestimate the fireballs size. This needs to be adjusted.

So the calculation needs to be adjusted?

So we should probably rank the god-tiers as "At least High 8-C, likely 8-A", as Grindelwald's fire was recalculated as High 8-C too.

Alright then, we'll scale to Grindelwald's feat instead, which is 5.53 tons of TNT.

Therefore the high-mid tiers are 1.843 tons, Building level+.

The mid-tiers (scaling to the Aurors) are 1.106 tons, Building level.

The low-mid tiers are 0.614 tons, Building level

Fire like air obeys the ideal gas law. So like air it's density will depend on it's temperature. The 0.3g/l density is for fires at everyday temperatures, not 3000C fire.

So the density of this fire should be = 1.225kg/m^3*288C/3273C=0.10779kg/m^3.

28120.93*0.1078=3031.2kg. 3031.2kg*2984C*919J/kg/C=8312400000J=1.987 Tons.

Building level+ almost large building level.

Therefore the high-mid tiers are 0.726 tons, Building level.

The mid-tiers (scaling to the Aurors) are 0.436 tons, Building level.

The low-mid tiers are 0.242 tons, Small 'Building level+.'

I can sort of get Low-Mid tiers being 9-A+ considering I think there was a kid who casually exploded a room.

Back