• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon fans. What type are you?

Groundisbased
Ground because Ground is objectively best type and every single Ground-type Pokémon is objectively great and I'm objectively right.

Drite77 said:
How does water have Electricity Manipulation?
This is the description of the move "Splishy Splash":

"The user charges a huge wave with electricity and hits the opposing Pokémon with the wave. This may also leave the opposing Pokémon with paralysis."

Fire has Magma Manipulation via Eruption and Magma Storm and Statistics Reduction via Fire Lash and Mystical Fire.

The reason why Fire-type is the best is because it is able to deal the highest type-based multiplier. This is possible in harsh sunlight against a Bug/Steel-type or Ice/Steel-type Pokémon with Fluffy that has been affected by Forest's Curse. This would result in a 24├ù multiplier. The effects of Flash Fire and Blaze can further boost this to a 36├ù power multiplier. If both Abilities are used in conjunction through the use of an Ability-changing move, a 54├ù multiplier is possible.

Are we going off the assumption that the move gives you all applications of what is used in the move instead of just what happens in the move? I can understand saying Hypnosis would work as mind control but I don't think using a move like Tri Attack where's it's you firing a beam of three elements means that you can manipulate all of three of those elements in different ways outside of the beam.

DragonEmperor23 said:
Are we going off the assumption that the move gives you all applications of what is used in the move instead of just what happens in the move? I can understand saying Hypnosis would work as mind control but I don't think using a move like Tri Attack where's it's you firing a beam of three elements means that you can manipulate all of three of those elements in different ways outside of the beam.
The moves do what the text says but, the type you pick gives you the phyiological trates of a pokemon with that type.

For instance, if you pick Water type you'd be able to breath under water, if you pick Ghost you could phase through walls, if you pick Psychic you can talk to people via telepathy, etc.

DragonEmperor23 said:
What would picking a Dragon type do for your physiology?
Dislike even more coldness, supernatural light and reptiles, but also get a resistance to water, heat, electricity and plants

The best starters are Larvesta, Ralts, Wimpod, or Deino

Larvesta because it and it's evolution are some of my favorite bug types. Ralts because I like it's final evolutions and they both have mega forms. Wimpod because Golisopod is probably my favorite Pokemon from that generation, and another of my favorite bug types. Last but not least, Deino because I've always been a fan of how it's forms are named Ein, Zwei and Drei and I'm a sucker for naming conventions like that in Pokemon.

BTW, if it isn't Yanma, i would pick Lillipup, since he is a dog and he is actually quite inteligent and loyal

Back