• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon discussion thread

Shadowbokunohero

VS Battles
Content Moderator
I know the game has been getting a lot of hate but meh

Stuff I like

• The UI, it's simple, efficient and nice looking
  • The Music is godly
  • The aesthetics and color pallets are lovely
Pokemon-lets-go-pikachu-eevee-version-exclusives-key-art

Gonna be honest, I haven't really looked into it. Heard it's quite similar to Pokemon GO?

not younger more like general audience

which is why we have the original 151 because everyone and their grandmother knows about those pokemon

Shadowbokunohero said:
not younger more like general audience

which is why we have the original 151 because everyone and their grandmother knows about those pokemon
My granny doesnt know about those, though.

Your argument is invalid. Ovo

Like said many times before, it's just...not for us. Like, not for long-time Pokémon fans. It's for the new people trying to get in the franchise.

I'm guessing it's not only to bring new people to the Franchise, but also a preparation for the next big game on the console.

It exists...I'll get it. Not a priority tho. It's not my type of game in all honesty. Reasons being.

1) I dislike Pokemon GO.

2) I am sick to death of Kanto. Like, I don't even want to look at it right now. My last experience with Pokemon Yellow spoiled Kanto for me severely.

I really love Gen I would love to go back to it, then again the last time I dove into that region was 2006, so it probably feels longer for me than for others

I'd much rather a platinum remake than anything else. Don't care what new gimmicks they bring in gen 8, though I wouldn't mind new megas/evolutions to previous Pokemon

Im with Dragon when I say Kanto should just keep its butt out of shit right now. I either want a new gen or remakes for Gen 4 and stuff.

This is way too Pokemon GO-y for me to like.

Well I seem to be in the minority then. I think it's just a bit too early for Gen 4 remakes, they should happen a bit into the Switches life span, and I've been dying for a modern Kanto game for ages. FR/LG happened way too early in the series and then with HG/SS and OR/AS, I feel like it's sorta given the fanbase wierd expectations. Let's Go isn't quite what I was hopeing for, but it's still fantastic to see Kanto in it's modern glory.

See, I am so sick of Kanto that it hurts. We have been in Kanto for 4 Generations straight. And we STILL get so much Gen 1 fanservice that it's disgusting. Like we get it, Gen 1 was nice and all, but you have other Pokemon you can focus on y'know. As of now they have hit too heavy with nostalgia and I am sick and tired of it. The Pokemon Company does not know how to do nostalgia correct. They did it great for X and Y. But then they kept on doing it through SM and USUM. Now I am sick of it. Give Kanto a rest. Let other regions get some homages and nods. Let them get a chance to shine.

meh I really don't mind tbh, I

i would like a 2nd remake of Gen II my personal favorite,tbh

I'll just play Giratina's advocate for a second, given that I agreed with Dragon and my favorite gens are III and IV.

Maybe the reason they put so much of Gen 1 into their works is because it's their favorite Gen that they're most proud of? Red and Blue are the only Pokémon games to be in the top 10 best selling games of all time and it did start the massive Pokepalooza from the 90s. Besides, we haven't been back in Kanto in over 10 years (HGSS notwithstanding).

Again, playing Giratina's Advocate. If I don't get my Gen 4 remakes, I'm going to be pulling an Animal Crossing and doing seances to get the game.

"Maybe the reason they put so much of Gen 1 into their works is because it's their favorite Gen that they're most proud of? Red and Blue are the only Pokémon games to be in the top 10 best selling games of all time and it did start the massive Pokepalooza from the 90s. Besides, we haven't been back in Kanto in over 10 years (HGSS notwithstanding)."

However, there is a concept called moderation, but here they have oversaturated their games with jerking off to Kanto. Let's list somethings.

-We've been in Kanto for 4 Gens straight. (RB, GSC, FRLG, HGSS)

-Gen Vl literally had us get the Kanto starters and gave homages to Kanto.

-Pokemon GO was mainly Gen l until they added more.

-Gen Vll had so much Kanto pandering. Alolan Forms, your MC is from Kanto, Red and Blue, Rainbow Rocket (at least they gave the other gens SOME love there).

-Pokemon Let's Go is LITERALLY a return to Kanto.

Only gen we ever got a break from Kanto truly was Gen V.

Shadowbokunohero said:
it had the worst Pokemon Designs IMO but I agree on the story part
See...now we have issues. I consider Gen V to have some of the best designs and I will argue this to the ends of the earth.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Shadowbokunohero said:
it had the worst Pokemon Designs IMO but I agree on the story part
See...now we have issues. I consider Gen V to have some of the best designs and I will argue this.
Snivy is the exception to this rule :^)

Back