• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fear and Famine (Fear and Hunger Discussion Thread)

Has it been decided if the Termina and Funger 1 cast scales to the Traces?
I don't remember if we actually discussed this yet. I'm personally against scaling them to the traces as it's made obvious that the traces could easily oneshot the cast if they felt like it, and the only reason they're fighting them is to **** with them or figure out why are they here.

Traces aren't infallible, but it's definitely harder to logically reason why the cast would scale to their rating than acknowledging that the traces are either not fully committed to fighting or are simply curious of you.

It's easier to say the cast is "X, much higher via Y", because they do damage traces and survive their strikes, they are ultimately inconsequential though.

I'd agree. The traces at most just entertain the idea they can be fought, and at worst completely decimate the party without a moment wasted. Not sure where they would fall, but the party being able to fight and 'beat' the one of Sylvian for example doesn't mean much when that one is just messing around.

Random video that I also didn't watch but felt like posting :trollface:

In some regards I think this video makes good points about the limits of Nas'hrah (being significantly weaker being both beyond his prime, and without a body, as well as having a surprisingly limited move pool once in your party), but I also think it leaves some key details out.

He joins when you have both an Eclipse Talisman the Cube of the Depths; when you prove to him you might be of some worth as mortals. In the vid, he suggests he joins because he cannot do much on his own though.

Also, he makes a point about how he's far weaker than other (notable) New Gods due to getting insta-killed by Gro-Goroth. Despite him seeming to be able to actually manipulate a trace of one (the unspecified demon/being he summons in his fight). He also ignores the fact that literally any New God or mortal would have very likely been insta-killed by the same trace given the sheer gap between even a New God and Old.

I do think it makes a good enough point for him not being the strongest New God, though some of the reasoning is a bit wonky.

I'm keenly interested in the F&H series, and I hope to contribute with this thread.

Just reading how this progressed has been fascinating. I got F&H a long time ago, and when I played it, I was pretty sure most things would get just 9-B, and even the New Gods wouldn't be much higher. I'm surprised to see how things progressed!

I'm keenly interested in the F&H series, and I hope to contribute with this thread.

Just reading how this progressed has been fascinating. I got F&H a long time ago, and when I played it, I was pretty sure most things would get just 9-B, and even the New Gods wouldn't be much higher. I'm surprised to see how things progressed!
YAYYYY omg! haii eliminator venom! keeping based verses in your notes I see

would anyone know where I can find the ages of the Funger cast? in the game there is a grave site that when you investigate it you can find a grave of the character you're playing as. I can't find it anywhere in the web where this is seen

I've seen Cahara's whose noted as dying in 1564 from 1590. This grave is supposed to be representative of you dying in the dungeons making Cahara 26 years old

youfool. Twink immortality-
Doesn't have it, back to twink death.
hOCIGSl.png

You know, I'm moving really slowly on creating the Old/Ascended Gods profiles, but that's partially cause I realized...

Besides obvious things like abstract existence and immortality, what would be considered their general abilities/powers? Idk why, but I'm blanking on this.

The only question I have is this;

Will Dungeon Nights be getting on the wiki in any form, and if so, will the profiles be separate from the main game?

You know, I'm moving really slowly on creating the Old/Ascended Gods profiles, but that's partially cause I realized...

Besides obvious things like abstract existence and immortality, what would be considered their general abilities/powers? Idk why, but I'm blanking on this.
Madness Manipulation would be one. Magic I suppose.

Is there anything stopping us from making profiles for the non-Tier 2/1 characters?

I wanna make profiles for the Crow Mauler, Salmon Snake, Irrational Obelisk, and Needles

So I know the speed calc for walking and running speed got Average Human, but couldn't we give them all Athletic Human?

After all, the casts of both games usually consist of fairly fit and muscular characters, them being as fast as athletic people makes sense

I do wonder what other speed fests there are though. Can enemies dodge gunfire in the second game?

Moonless should be as fast as normal wolves, that could be something

So I know the speed calc for walking and running speed got Average Human, but couldn't we give them all Athletic Human?

After all, the casts of both games usually consist of fairly fit and muscular characters, them being as fast as athletic people makes sense

I do wonder what other speed fests there are though. Can enemies dodge gunfire in the second game?

something I noticed in my playthrough is that characters with the dash ability can still get relative to arrows! which would be around subsonic! likely lower :3

I'll have to make a calc for it! and get good scans of it- I think a good area I could test it in is the Trortur's area!

Oh yeah, I wasn't really happy with that I did calc. It seems pretty strange such athletic humans (maybe minus Enki, but he also moves at their speed) would be Below - Average human, let alone the enemies that out-speed them. Overworld scaling just seems weird.

They can dodge arrows in combat, too.
As far as we have so far, we have this, and Termina characters being able to react to and fight with guns. Really wish there was more we could go off of for the first game, but arrows could help bridge the 'gap' better than just the fact that the characters from the first that return in the second keep up with guns and all.

something I noticed in my playthrough is that characters with the dash ability can still get relative to arrows! which would be around subsonic! likely lower :3

I'll have to make a calc for it! and get good scans of it- I think a good area I could test it in is the Trortur's area!
Why didn't I think to calc that lol

Trotur's area would be a good place to test, as at least one spawns in any given map layout.

Also, can't they dodge the overworld arrows without dash too?

As far as we have so far, we have this, and Termina characters being able to react to and fight with guns. Really wish there was more we could go off of for the first game, but arrows could help bridge the 'gap' better than just the fact that the characters from the first that return in the second keep up with guns and all.
We also have O'saa being able to evade another variant of the Crow Mauler in his backstory as a supporting feat.

We also have O'saa being able to evade another variant of the Crow Mauler in his backstory as a supporting feat.
Nice
maybe! I think that's a bit more iffy to calc rather than direct speed based on moving out of the way-
Thinking about it, I see what you mean. Not only cause it requires more specific timing, but also because dash would show faster movement relative to said arrow.

Back