• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon discussion thread

Gen II just generally got the short end of the stick there. It clearly was just meant to be an add-on to Gen I and not its own thing.

Shadowbokunohero said:
Dragonmasterxyz said:
See...now we have issues. I consider Gen V to have some of the best designs and I will argue this.
Snivy is the exception to this rule :^)
I guess Haxorus, Zoroark, Scolipede, Volcarona, Hydreigon, Samurott, Serperior, Emboar (arguably), Reuniclus, The Swords of Justice, Therian Kami Trio, Tao Trio, Victini, Gigalith, Archeops, Carracosta, Unfezant, Braviary, Darmanitan, Krookodile, Liepard, etc are all nonexistent.

╠ÂG╠Âe╠Ân╠ ╠Â1╠ ╠Âh╠Âa╠Âs╠ ╠Ât╠Âh╠Âe╠ ╠Âb╠Âe╠Âs╠Ât╠ ╠Âa╠Ân╠Âd╠ ╠Âm╠Âo╠Âs╠Ât╠ ╠Âi╠Âc╠Âo╠Ân╠Âi╠Âc╠ ╠Âd╠Âe╠Âs╠Âi╠Âg╠Ân╠Âs╠ ╠Âa╠Ân╠Âd╠ ╠Âa╠Âl╠Âl╠ ╠Ât╠Âh╠Âe╠ ╠Âh╠Âa╠Ât╠Âe╠Âr╠Âs╠ ╠Âa╠Âr╠Âe╠ ╠Âj╠Âu╠Âs╠Ât╠ ╠Âj╠Âe╠Âl╠Âl╠Ây╠ ╠Ât╠Âh╠Âa╠Ât╠ ╠Ât╠Âh╠Âe╠Âi╠Âr╠ ╠Âg╠Âe╠Ân╠Âe╠Âr╠Âa╠Ât╠Âi╠Âo╠Ân╠ ╠Âw╠Âi╠Âl╠Âl╠ ╠Ân╠Âe╠Âv╠Âe╠Âr╠ ╠Âl╠Âi╠Âv╠Âe╠ ╠Âu╠Âp╠ ╠Ât╠Âo╠ ╠Ât╠Âh╠Âe╠ ╠Âi╠Âc╠Âo╠Ân╠Âi╠Âc╠Â-╠Ân╠Âe╠Âs╠Âs╠Â

Iconic, yes, but that's only because it's the one that kickstarted it all and thus was up everyone's face for the last 20 years. But objectively speaking, Gen I has average designs in general. Some of them being outright bad and would be considered signs of Gamefreaking "running out of ideas" nowadays.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Iconic, yes, but that's only because it's the one that kickstarted it all and thus was up everyone's face for the last 20 years. But objectively speaking, Gen I has average designs in general. Some of them being outright bad and would be considered signs of Gamefreaking "running out of ideas" nowadays.
I disagree heavily, Im not sure if id say they are the best but id put them at top 3

I hope for future Pokemon games though, we don't get gym battles back in the games. But something more akin to Island Challenges from Alola.

I may be the only one in this seat, but quite frankly, I'm really sick and tired of gym battles.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
I hope for future Pokemon games though, we don't get gym battles back in the games. But something more akin to Island Challenges from Alola.
I may be the only one in this seat, but quite frankly, I'm really sick and tired of gym battles.
why not both OvO

Top 3 things I want for the next game(s) are an antagonistic rival (even if they're balanced out by another 'friendly' rival), a challenge mode (cause the majority of the game itself will likely be pretty easy) and new evolutions to previous Pokemon (haven't had any since gen 4)

Hmm good point but im sure they could make it work

4 Gyms and 4 Island challenges

they would have to rename it if the region doesn't take place on an island...

Hopefully, but im honestly just sick and tired of gym battles. For a really long while i've been bored of them. The whole "go to each city, have a battle, get 8 badges, take on the Elite 4 and Champion, done" formula was the one thing in each game that I hated.

The Island Challenges were pretty much gym battles but with their own flavor added in to make it more appealing (and in some cases challenging) to where they weren't just purely battles.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Hopefully, but im honestly just sick and tired of gym battles. For a really long while i've been bored of them. The whole "go to each city, have a battle, get 8 badges, take on the Elite 4 and Champion, done" formula was the one thing in each game that I hated.
The Island Challenges were pretty much gym battles but with their own flavor added in to make it more appealing (and in some cases challenging) to where they weren't just purely battles.
Maybe they should just kinda change Gym battles themselves, keep the stuff that most player enjoy but change it enough to be really different

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
Well I seem to be in the minority then. I think it's just a bit too early for Gen 4 remakes.
I think the same, I honestly prefer to see how the real gen 8 games will look or play in Nintendo Switch.

the graphics will be better than Go according to Ishara

so im wondering how it will look

GyroNutz said:
Top 3 things I want for the next game(s) are an antagonistic rival (even if they're balanced out by another 'friendly' rival), a challenge mode (cause the majority of the game itself will likely be pretty easy) and new evolutions to previous Pokemon (haven't had any since gen 4)
USUM had a good difficulty IMO. Too bad that's the only revelevant difference from SM (and the creepy sidequests. Seriously, the Ditto one was scary).

I never played USUM, though when I heard about Ultra Necrozma, that caught me off guard a bit

FOR GOD'S SAKE, I DON'T WANT ANOTHER TROPICAL REGION FOR GEN 8, SINCE F*CKING 2014, SINCE ORAS, TRAPPED IN TROPICAL ISLANDS!!!

Back