• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pelinal vs Iwanagahime

I get that it's not normal time manip, but at best it sounds like applying a time stop to a person in the context of a fight

Itìs more so like "taking that person outside of time" than anything, given how eternity is often portrayed.

Pelinal is already outside of time and acausal. Putting him in a gif for eternity does not stop him from erasing the GIF from existence. Of course, he erased the surrounding like The Writer used the eraser without any harm to himself.

The profile literally has it listed as Time Manipulation, Pelinal should resist it or a new page should be made specifically for Eternity Manipulation, to me, it sounds like an application of Time Manip.

The problem is that she can manipulate the concepts of eternity. That's the whole reason of her victory. If she only controls time then Pel would blow her into pieces.

Note: does that mean that Sakuya will experience a defeat since all she can do is control time?

First, I don't actually get the idea of eternity manipulation. Eternity physiology makes more sense, but how can you manipulate infinity against an infinity being? Pelinal is already above eternity as he can erase a piece of canvas in the dream of Tier-0 God against the supreme being's will.

The battle is more inconclusive until we can get our head around this eternal confusion.

Adding Eternity to anything make it so that it would never change and always stay the same no matter what has happen to it. For example if you apply Eternity to a person then that person will never grow old and always return to how they look no matter the influence, if you apply it to a location then it prevents any signifinct changes from happening it also will prevent any "history" happening to it which makes it impossible for anyone from outside it to find or interact with the place.

I don't really get the mechanics behind this Eternity Manipulation either. I'll wait before voting, until grace comes to an end.

Basically, you'd need infinite speed to resist that, since with that you would already be able to function outside of time.

First Witch said:
Aha.
>Pelinal goes ERASE.

>Pelinal goes out of ERASE.

>Pelinal gets Eternityd.

Just in case you dont follow the Strongest for every tier thread. No matter how potent your erasur is, if you cant erase everything then the rest still exist. Dosnt matter if Goku or a freaking outer god does it, if they only erase your hand, it wont matter to the rest of your body. You might die from blood lose but thats your problem.

Add in the fact that Pelinal cant kill her at all due to lack of range and means to bypass her existence and this is a incon, for the not so impossible case Matt draws out an resistance from the lore, at best and a low dif at worst.
The explanation made by Witch was this one. In posts above I also thought similar since Iwanagahime can conceptualy control eternity.

>or a freaking outer god

Yeah this is the king of the NLFs.

I sincerely hope you people realize that Pelinal's Madness is likely the second best erasure in a verse wehre this exists:

You must recall the howls of Madness! How Dagon foamed and snarled beneath the lash of Sotha Sil! "Behold!" cried the Divine Metronome as He smashed the Prince to splinters. "Behold the wrath of lost Ald Sotha! Know death at my hands, false-son of a false-father! KAER PADOHME VIE ALTADOON!"
Even then, at the end, the Prince of Destruction did not relent. With the last of his four great arms, Dagon dragged the last of his four great razors across the Watchmaker's jaw. Tasting the blood on His tongue, our Father of Mysteries whispered a final chrononymic death-word, and Dagon exploded throughout all time. The earthbones quaked and the All-Axle shook. From this word of sundering, Truth took root.

Matthew Schroeder said:
>or a freaking outer god
Yeah this is the king of the NLFs.
Would be, if i used it like i think you think i did.

"Dosnt matter if Goku or a freaking outer god does it, if they only erase your hand, it wont matter to the rest of your body." First Witch 2018.

I dont see the NLF in my statement.

Basically unlike general use of Time Stop where it's freezing general time Eternity Manipulation is stopping the internal Time of the target. I don't think traditional Resistance will work do to it working different from regular usage of TIme Stop, Time in general isn't stop when ever Eternity is applied to a person since time is still moving forward for them.

Well I ment moving while time isn't moving when I said Resistance to Time stop.

I said 'not work' I believe the better term is 'it won't matter'.

Pelinal's spirit isn't bound to linear time and he can "eat sections of timespace" when he's affected by Madness, nevermind being abound from the dream.

And again, Pelinal's erasure is on a fundamental level, Iwanagahime will go poof.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Pelinal's spirit isn't bound to linear time and he can "eat sections of timespace" when he's affected by Madness, nevermind being abound from the dream.

And again, Pelinal's erasure is on a fundamental level, Iwanagahime will go poof.
"Sections of timespace"

Yummy!

Are we allowing 1-A or nah?

Also eating sections is better than just eating everything in one section. But the existing sections are still so many.

Or so what I get from this thread.

Let's see: Iwanagahime can conceptualy control eternity, Pelinal can turn her into a bloody mess, but Iwanagahime can make every moment she wants a GIF about Pel. I don't think she stomp him but he can't kill her for good and since she can make him live those moments forever I can say that she won by that. Now... if we talk about the whole thing of those moments turning him crazy AF, then Pel simply just need to stab, cut or erase her. But since the whole match revolves around his sanity the whole duel, she wons if his sanity stays in place.

Edit: the OP doesn't allow his sanity to decay.

Keeweed said:
Um yeah I do allow him to enter madness nowhere did I say he couldn't (I'm the op)
Then, my apologies for that wrong assumption. Well... if he has Immortality Type 10 and an Outerversal power level... pretty much he turns her eternity into a can in the trash can. Always that he's sane the whole combat.

Actually, doesn't Pelinal's erasure work across higher dimensions and multiverses? If he erased a tree that same tree would stop existing in every other timeline on Nirn if I'm not mistaken, since it's literally shunted out of the Godhead's dream.

If he erased Iwangahime she would also stop existing in every other universe, is what I'm getting at.

He should be able to erase her.

Honestly Pelinal's range should be much higher, considering he affected time across the entirety of Nirn by cutting days apart.

That and the affects of his erasure should be outerversal as they shunt something out of the entire dream of the godhead, which is a very complex 1-A structure.

While this could all be true, it's not listed on his profile, and considering we're way past grace.

You'll have to make the fight again later.

>It's not listed on his profile

It is though.

By falling into Madness, Pelinal enters a state described as "Like when the dream no longer needs its dreamer." where he isolates himself from the rest of the Godhead's Dream and ceases to exist on all levels but survives in spite of that, and proceeds to erase everything in his surrounds from the Godhead's Dream as well , reducing the very land around him to pure nonexistent Void

Pelinal can enter a state of "Madness", where he exists independently from the Godhead itself and devours entire pieces of land and sections of time, erasing them from the very Dream of the Amaranth

It is retroactive Erasure because of how the Verse's Cosmology works. Pelinal's Madness erases things on the most fundamental level of the Dream of God, the non-dual and transcendent substance which comprises all of existence, AE, returning them to the featureless Void (Note that AE literally means IS on the language of the Gods). Nevermind that Void Manipulation which erases things from past, present and future already exists in TES.

You must recall the howls of Madness! How Dagon foamed and snarled beneath the lash of Sotha Sil! "Behold!" cried the Divine Metronome as He smashed the Prince to splinters. "Behold the wrath of lost Ald Sotha! Know death at my hands, false-son of a false-father! KAER PADOHME VIE ALTADOON!"
Even then, at the end, the Prince of Destruction did not relent. With the last of his four great arms, Dagon dragged the last of his four great razors across the Watchmaker's jaw. Tasting the blood on His tongue, our Father of Mysteries whispered a final chrononymic death-word, and Dagon exploded throughout all time. The earthbones quaked and the All-Axle shook. From this word of sundering, Truth took root.
~ The Truth in Sequence

Using an eraser to erase a comic strip > Making sure a timeline does not exist, but one can still read the comic strip of that previous timeline.

Imagine it is like Bugs Bunny using an eraser above a Time Lord erases an universe;however, a cosmic being can simply recreate it.

Going off of what Ultima Said, I think the range should be seriously updated.

If Pelinal can erase something like Dagon, whose size and scope is uncountably infinite times more than an infinite multiverse, and transends time, duality, and causaily, while having an abstract existence, I fail to see why he can't erase Iwangahime.

Pelinal didn't erase Dagon, that was Sotha Sil, and the quote is there to show that EE which works across all of Time exists in TES and is far worse than what Pelinal does.

If A has the ability to erase 1-A Entity but has a range only several hundred kilometers, B has the ability to Erasure only Low 1-C but effect all across time, Who has better Erasure ability.

Certainly, A has better in term of erasure.

Well, I don't think just Pelinal erasure ability > Sotha Sil is a good reason.

Back