• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Girls Are Now Revising, Please Wait Warmly (Touhou Revisions... Yet Again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bump
unknown.png

Since when am I a knowledgeable person on 2hu. Aside from fan arts, idk anything.

But sure, I can check whenever I get some time

I'd hardly call 200+ ability additions 'unimportant'. Regardless, I'm fine with waiting for more input, no rush. Guess I'll also chill on revisions for a while after this as well, there are some big WIP ones that need attention.

Alright I get it this wiki doesn't like Touhou you don't have to remind me of that fact.

Nobody seems to direct any of this frustration towards comics or shonen despite them being far more heavily 'spammed' on this site. Wonder what that's about.

Thank you for helping out, Confluctor and LordGriffin.

Miko

Some scans (Ten Desires, Reimu's Ending/Wild and Horned Hermit, Chapter 18/Urban Legend in Limbo, Reisen's Scenario) for Information Analysis, showing that she is capable of deducing power levels and the traits of magical objects with a glance.
I don't see any evidence for Information Analysis. Sensing the power in objects is just Extrasensory Perception, so I disagree with this.
Reimu

Resistance to Power Mimicry
, as her techniques are unique to her and cannot be copied or used as reference. (Grimoire of Marisa, Reimu Hakurei's Spell Cards)
Nothing here directly states her techniques can't be copied so I disagree with this. It just says her technique is different.
Resistance to Gravity Manipulation and Social Influencing, as the laws of gravity and threats of power mean nothing to her. (Imperishable Night, Manual) She is also stated to defy gravity, and that she cannot be tied down, (Perfect Memento in Strict Sense, Reimu Hakurei) and it is also said that the influence of multiple factions within Gensokyo means nothing to her. (Curiosities of Lotus Asia, Chapter 30)
Resistance to Gravity is fine but unless they actively tried to socially influence her, I don't see resistance.
But as an extension of this, she should also get passive Statistics Manipulation that equalizes her opponent’s stats to her own. After all, it is directly stated that the reason such threats of power mean nothing to her is that she evens out whatever status one has.
Where is this stated in the scan?
More Physics Manipulation (or perhaps resistance to physics manipulation?) justifications, as her attacks are repeatedly (Grimoire of Marisa, Reimu Hakurei's Spell Cards) stated to ignore the laws of physics.
No? It's not breaking the laws of physics in the power sense. It's doing it in the flowery language sense. For example, if I kicked and then teleported so the lock came from another spot, I technically broke the laws of physics because teleportion defies physics, and even flying defies the laws of physics.
Are the mushrooms those yellow things?
That's not Precognition. Her having a feeling something bad was going to happen and it happens is a common thing in fiction. Precognition is if she had a vision or knew or a fact something was going to happen and or at what time. The scan is just one of those "I got a bad feeling about this" and it happens to be correct. By that logic, countless characters in fiction need Precognition.
Transformation from claiming she could transform herself with magic. (Strange Creators of Outer World, Imperishable Night Cross Review)
It says she can probably transform so I'd say "possibly".
Byakuren

Paralysis Inducement
from this spell card.
The way it's described, it sounds like it's a powerful hit and not paralysis. If you were struck by a powerful attack, you'd stop moving to.
Yukari

More Resistance to Power Nullification, as she can still use her boundary manipulation in the Hakurei Shrine, (Cheating Detective Satori, Chapter 10) which nullifies all foreign boundaries. (Perfect Cherry Blossom, omake.txt) Way better than her weird gap energy reserves or whatever.
Disagree, in the scan it states "almost all" boundaries are nullified. So you can say if the ones she's using are included or not. You'd need to show that the boundary she is using has been nullified before by another but her using the same one didn't get nullified.
This is not resistance. It doesn't say anyone can't copy it, it says you need to be able to withstand it's pressure to wield it or be like her. This is basically saying that even if you can copy it, you'd need the strength to use it. For example, I copy an energy attack that requires immense willpower to use but I lack the willpower to actually use the technique. This isn't resistance to power mimicry, this is just me not having to proper qualifications to use the technique.

Another example. A a soulless robot has the ability to copy energy based attacks but come across someone who's energy attacks require one to be able to manipulate their soul in order to use their type of energy attack. However, the robot lacks a soul and thus cannot properly wield the technique. This doesn't give the character who has the technique resistance to power mimicry in the actual resistance sense.
Patchouli

Adhesive Manipulation
from this.
What makes this adhesive manipulation? Do the bubbles stick to the target or trap then inside?
Mokou (+ IN Cast)

Resistance to Pain Manipulation
from constantly feeling pain, even when she just moves, yet still being able to act and fight unaffected. (Urban Legend in Limbo, Mokou's Scenario) However, in spite of this, the IN cast was able to damage her to such an extent that Mokou had to give up due to the pain from their attacks, (Imperishable Night, All Extra Stage Scenarios) so they should all get Limited Pain Manipulation (Kiryu gets it for basically the same reason so idk why it wouldn’t apply here :v).
No, she states she's in pain so that means she feels it, but has immense pain tolerance which they eventually overcame. This isn't resistance for her a power for the cast.
Seija

Gravity Manipulation
(?) from flipping heaven and earth. (The Grimoire of Usami, Section 2-1)
No, gravity can't flip an entire dimension (unless it's stated to specifically be that power at work), it would be more akin to just Reality Warping.
Yuuma.

Resistance to Soul Manipulation, Purification, and Transmutation, since as souls travel deeper underground, they will slowly be purified and eventually crystalize by the time they reach Hell. Naturally, this means all characters who have survived going to Hell resist these effects (because they aren’t dead). As Yuuma’s boss fight takes place in Hell, this means she gets these resistances as well.
It says this is what happens to spirits. Are the characters all spirits? If not, I don't see it applying to those with a body or those who aren't spirits.
That's not a possession negation, it's Non-Physical Interaction. She was able to hit someone that was inside another person's body and pull them out. Since the person doing the possession isn't physical at the time.
What am I suppose to be looking at?
Reisen

Animal Manipulation
, as she says that communicating with rats is ‘trivial’ using her ability. (Forbidden Scrollery, Chapter 21)
This isn't animal manipulation. One needs to control them in some way, and simply communicating with them isn't enough.
Yoshika

Resistance to Organic Manipulation
, as she has an anti-decomposition spell placed on her. (Symposium of Post-mysticism, Yoshika Miyako)
If say it's more akin to Resistance to Corrosion Inducement since that focuses not on decay.

Alright I get it this wiki doesn't like Touhou you don't have to remind me of that fact.

Nobody seems to direct any of this frustration towards comics or shonen despite them being far more heavily 'spammed' on this site. Wonder what that's about.
Bout to be blunt....

When the hell did I say I or the wiki doesn't like Touhou!? I don't know the verse but I never said I dislike it. My comment is towards threads that are a hulking mass of additions which I've made clear on many other threads that aren't Touhou, so please don't put words in my mouth. And have you been on every comic and or anime thread? Let me tell you something, the more popular ones get dumb. All I see is "oh this site hates and downplays comics", "oh what's with the downplay of this anime". So for you to say nobody seems to direct their "frustration" as you call it to either of those is a baseless assumption.

If I'm frustrated at anything, it's the fact that not to long ago some **** stole my ID and is currently trying to use it for their benifet, my home internet is shit and I half to go my ass to another place just to properly evaluate your giant thread, and then get ******* rained on because some asshole stole my umbrella I couldn't even wait for a better day to do this because this is the only time I had free because I'm either doing stuff for my family or working for the rest of this week. Now add in all the revisions I need to get done and for verses that not many others care about, I almost have not time for threads like these. But despite this.

Thank you for helping out, Confluctor and LordGriffin.
No problem, but I'm tiered and need to take a brake so I won't be able to reply back right away. When OP addresses the issues I mentioned about some of the additions, I'll reply when I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back