• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Girls Are Now Revising, Please Wait Warmly (Touhou Revisions... Yet Again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this help? Like, she swings her cape around, her enemy gets trapped inside, and a few moments later they get launched out.
The thing is, i am just not seeing that.

Also did the colour of the cape change?
How so? Isn't making things just arbitrarily explode kinda explicit?
Explode can mean far too many things to just take the word for what it is. Is there another feat of this or...?
She isn't holding it though, and the gohei is above Reimu's feet so it's definitely above ground level.
unknown.png
Meh sure. But only as limited
My response:
unknown.png
again, a very big leap from something that doesn't suggest anything close to it, I am afraid.
Why though? The guy in question is literally a living cloud. That's like textbook intangibility.
You could have started with this scan
Not really, because Youmu is also there and she's unable to see any kind of energy. So it's specific to Yukari, or at minimum she's better at detecting it than other people.
sure
Problem is that we also get some flak for putting out too many CRTs, so splitting big ones like this into 5-6 smaller ones would make that whole situation worse. We really can't please everyone. Not to mention we're still gonna have to do some verse-wide revisions from time to time. Ofc I'm fine with doing smaller revisions for minor hax and stuff, since we're kinda running out of new abilities to add, so doing 1-2 characters at a time for threads like that is probably better.
I get that, I remember all the shit that you guys got, but if you put out like 2 or 3 each week, each one focusing on like 1 - 3 characters, it will get accepted and be done with it in like two days. Now there is so much more to go through and very little time.

I will deal with them all as long as its not as long as this lol

I will assume Griffin saw through most of them, so will pick up after the last one he has evaluated.
Shinmyoumaru

Statistics Amplification & Empathic Manipulation
from the Miracle Mallet, which increases the strength of humans, youkai, and tools while also making them more aggressive.
Not really seeing stat amps here tbf
Small Size (Type 1). I know the pages are outdated but how do you genuinely forget to give the character whose entire gimmick is being small this ability. She’s literally called an inchling for ****’s sake. Ask me for scans and I will kill you with a brick.
Is she sorter that 1 meter?
Reimu, Kasen, and Tenshi

Resistance to Sense Manipulation
from being able to see and feel within Avici, which removes these senses entirely. (Wild and Horned Hermit, Chapter 48)
Is there more of this? This one doesn't say whether she can still see or not?
IaMP Cast

Everybody creates afterimages when they dash, so Afterimage Creation. The clip only shows Reimu and Marisa but I can find footage for everyone else if necessary.
That's like a tiny energy trail.
crying-emoji-dies.gif

can I get a timestamp for it? Didn't see it in the first 30 or so seconds of the clip I watched.
Here you go. Try slowing down the video a little, as it shows that Reimu isn't holding onto it when she's getting up.
i know using examples from other verses is cringe but this guy has afterimage creation for the same reasons as the fighting game cast and byakuren

Hmm... I don't know man it all checks out from my POV.
very faint energy trail =/= after image creation. there is a big difference.

Nope, not seeing her one at all. Blonde, yes.

I have been watching it for 2 mins and not seeing the part where she is attacking without holding weapon ?
See, that's actually different. you can clearly see him leaving behind afterimages that look like him, even with the white background thing.

I have been watching it for 2 mins and not seeing the part where she is attacking without holding weapon ?
Why would it be limited? It's shown in the same scan that her gohei follows her around if she drops it far away.
I didn't imply that she used it in combat, I said that she makes the gohei follow her if she's far away from it.
I'll take frame-by-frame screenshots of her "waking up" animation.

unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

As shown here, the gohei follows her around, and it doesn't appear in her hand until she grabs it upon landing. I feel like this + that attack where she throws it at the ground and makes it spin around should give Reimu a solid justification for Weapon Control.

The thing is, i am just not seeing that.

Also did the colour of the cape change?
Idk, I can't force you to see something ig. Yeah the color changes, it's a game mechanics thing iirc.

Explode can mean far too many things to just take the word for what it is. Is there another feat of this or...?
Here's the only visual representation of the spell card there is. Make of it what you will, I guess. I just personally prefer to take statements over visuals for spell cards due to how limited the visuals of the games are sometimes.

You could have started with this scan
Yeah is probably should have, huh. Guess I just considered it one of those things that's plainly obvious to verse supporters while forgetting that I'd have to get non-supporters to look at it too :v

I get that, I remember all the shit that you guys got, but if you put out like 2 or 3 each week, each one focusing on like 1 - 3 characters, it will get accepted and be done with it in like two days. Now there is so much more to go through and very little time.

I will deal with them all as long as its not as long as this lol
I can work with this I think. Although looking at my WIP threads it's like 90% major revisions I'm procrastinating on :v

Not gonna bother with the weapon control stuff since that's already being debated, or the statistics equalization since that's pretty much rejected.

Not really seeing stat amps here tbf
"It had more firepower than before, which was appealing in and of itself". That seems like a clear indication that it increases power.

Is she sorter that 1 meter?
Yeah probably :v
unknown.png

Is there more of this? This one doesn't say whether she can still see or not?
Well there's this, for one.
unknown.png

And Kasen also doesn't understand why Reimu is able to feel hungry. So there are at least 2 examples of Reimu being able to use her senses in a location that supposedly removes senses. That and like. none of them even mention losing their senses, which is something you'd probably take note of pretty quickly lmao
unknown.png

That's like a tiny energy trail.
crying-emoji-dies.gif
I mean the afterimage page does say they're usually faint, so :v
Actually, do we even have standards on what is or isn't an afterimage? Might be worth making a thread about at some point, idk.

Yeah probably
Oh ****, that's way too short. She like 2 inches lol.
Actually, do we even have standards on what is or isn't an afterimage? Might be worth making a thread about at some point, idk.
Don't know tbh. I only accept or add those who show proper after images. Like you can clearly see the character or their outline for a long time. But would be a good idea to make one.

And Kasen also doesn't understand why Reimu is able to feel hungry. So there are at least 2 examples of Reimu being able to use her senses in a location that supposedly removes senses.
Hunger isn't a sense tho 🗿🗿
That and like. none of them even mention losing their senses, which is something you'd probably take note of pretty quickly lmao
Was it the first time they went to some place like that?

Also can I see the whole sequence? A link to a relevant chapter would also work.

Oh ****, that's way too short. She like 2 inches lol.
Yeah she's like barely too big to be type 2.

Hunger isn't a sense tho 🗿🗿
I mean, it is something you feel, right?

Was it the first time they went to some place like that?

Also can I see the whole sequence? A link to a relevant chapter would also work.
Yeah, this should be the first time.

Full chapter is at https://m*ngadex.org/chapter/cac3371e-1fb1-4cb1-a9bf-e1f49de43a8c/1 (can't post the full link because of censors, just replace the asterisk with a)

Took a bit of time, but in my defence just came back from 15hr work thing so...

Anyway, reading through the chapter, this is what I got;

The avici place is a mental plane of sort but she brought her entire body to it. So, that would just be some form of enhanced dimensional travel. And as such, doesn't get resistance to sense manipulation from it.

See, she can see and feel simply because her entire body is there, whereas usually, their mind would be sent, which is why their senses are messed with. - page 12 - 19 explains it well.

Page 19, she says the suffering is worse because of the body being here, but we don't actually see that or get exactly what she meant by suffering.

Last edited:
Actually, I went ahead and read the next chapter and the other girls body is teleported to hell via a magic portal, so most definitely related to dimensional travel.

Took a bit of time, but in my defence just came back from 15hr work thing so...

Anyway, reading through the chapter, this is what I got;

The avici place is a mental plane of sort but she brought her entire body to it. So, that would just be some form of enhanced dimensional travel. And as such, doesn't get resistance to sense manipulation from it.

See, she can see and feel simply because her entire body is there, whereas usually, their mind would be sent, which is why their senses are messed with. - page 12 - 19 explains it well.

Page 19, she says the suffering is worse because of the body being here, but we don't actually see that or get exactly what she meant by suffering.
Hm, yeah, those are fair points. I guess it's a matter of interpretation of 'Avici imprisons the mind in the sense that it attacks the mind' vs 'Avici imprisons the mind in the sense that it only affects those whose minds are sent there'. I can't really offer more proof for the former, and since you believe the latter ig I'm fine with leaving it out.

It's not dimensional travel for Reimu btw, that was Kasen's doing. Not sure how that affects your opinion, if at all. The worse suffering things might just be a way of saying "now that you're physically here I can kick your ass in person", doesn't seem like it means much more than that.

Is that everything then? If so, I have time to do the edits tonight, or at least most of them.

So what has been accepted here and what still needs to be evaluated?

Okay. What has been accepted here can probably be applied then.

Sorry for the long wait, work hours haven't been giving me much free time lately so it may take a while to fully apply the edits. Will try to do what I can tonight, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back