• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Amitabha-Sized Touhou Revisions (Previous Thread Merging)

Oh, I was under the impression that somebody else handled it while I was working on the edits. I can PM her in a bit though. EDIT: Actually, it seems as though she's been offline for over a week so I'm not sure if PMing her at this time is the best option right now.

We really only need the Sanzu River crossing feat looked at. We've already had one agreement from LordGriffin, so at this point its just a matter of getting another staff member to accept it.

Last edited:
Okay. Who else from our staff have responded to this thread?

Eficiente, KT, and Confluctor have, but they all have said they aren't interested in evaluating anything beyond what they already have. LordGriffin has, and he's the only one to have actually given an evaluation on the Sanzu River feat, but he advised us to wait for more input.

Well, if you properly explain all the information and full context for what needs to be evaluated here in a single post, I can ask them to help out again.

Confluctor was already aware that infinite speed was the only thing left to be evaluated and asked to be left out of it, KT asked to be left out of the non-ability revisions entirely, and Eficiente said he did not feel comfortable evaluating the rest of the thread. I do not think asking them to come back here will accomplish anything.

The full context for the Sanzu River feat can be found here, for anyone else who wants to evaluate it.
Sanzu River Crossing: Eternal Suffering Edition

I will get this feat approved no matter what it takes. The fact that we already have infinite speed is irrelevant >:V

Let me briefly set up the context for the feat again.

In WBaWC, the protagonists cross the Sanzu River to get to Hell, something that’s consistent across all routes.

The river is confirmed to be infinite in its default state a few times; In PoFV, Komachi says the width of the river is infinite for living humans. In BAiJR, it’s confirmed that the river is infinite for those who don’t pay the necessary toll, and its width is only shortened for those who pay. And more recently, in 17.5, the river is stated to have an infinite water supply on several occasions, obviously confirming an infinite volume (and thus an infinite size).

We can also just apply common sense here; the entire point of the river’s existence is that it is meant to prevent people from just casually crossing over to the afterlife whenever they want. It having a finite, and thus easily crossable width, would be extremely counterintuitive to its intended purpose.

The one counter argument that gets repeated every time this feat comes up is that Komachi adjusts the river, therefore crossing it is impossible to quantify as a speed feat.

First off, it doesn’t matter if the size of a thing varies when it comes to calculating the speed it would take to cross it; so long as that thing had a definitive, known size at the time the feat was performed, there is no reason to use the feat. And again, as proven above, the Sanzu River has an infinite width that must be crossed in its default state. So now we just need to prove that Komachi didn’t alter the width at the time the feat was performed.

In both Marisa and Youmu’s WBaWC routes, they explicitly mention not using Komachi’s services. Which, of course, means that they crossed the river’s default length since Komachi didn’t manipulate it. It is quite literally a secondary plot point that Komachi didn’t **** with the river; to say she did would be to say the literal plot of the game is wrong, and I shouldn’t have to explain why that’s ridiculous.

We can also apply common sense here again; part of the plot of WBaWC is that beast spirits have broken out of Hell and are entering Gensokyo to attempt to take it over. So naturally, keeping the beast spirits out of Gensokyo would be a high priority. Komachi shortening the river in this scenario would mean she is outright assisting a faction that is attempting to take over Gensokyo, something that is so wildly out of character that this shouldn’t even be an option.

In case this wasn’t OOC enough for her, one of the fundamental parts of her character is that she’s extremely lazy and continually puts off her duties to ferry souls across the river (here’s just one example). She doesn’t even mess with the river when it’s her job to do so; assuming that she would do so just for the hell of it is extremely contradictory to her character.

TL;DR: The Sanzu River has an infinite width when it isn’t being ****** with. The protagonists crossed the river when it wasn’t being manipulated, which means they crossed an infinite distance in finite time. We know Komachi didn’t **** with the river because 1. The game outright says she didn’t, and 2. It would be insanely OOC for her to do so in this instance. Which means the river maintained its infinite width while the protagonists crossed it.

Confluctor was already aware that infinite speed was the only thing left to be evaluated and asked to be left out of it, KT asked to be left out of the non-ability revisions entirely, and Eficiente said he did not feel comfortable evaluating the rest of the thread. I do not think asking them to come back here will accomplish anything.

The full context for the Sanzu River feat can be found here, for anyone else who wants to evaluate it.

I will get this feat approved no matter what it takes. The fact that we already have infinite speed is irrelevant >:V

In WBaWC, the protagonists cross the Sanzu River to get to Hell, something that’s consistent across all routes.

The river is confirmed to be infinite in its default state a few times; In PoFV, Komachi says the width of the river is infinite for living humans. In BAiJR, it’s confirmed that the river is infinite for those who don’t pay the necessary toll, and its width is only shortened for those who pay. And more recently, in 17.5, the river is stated to have an infinite water supply on several occasions, obviously confirming an infinite volume (and thus an infinite size).

We can also just apply common sense here; the entire point of the river’s existence is that it is meant to prevent people from just casually crossing over to the afterlife whenever they want. It having a finite, and thus easily crossable width, would be extremely counterintuitive to its intended purpose.

The one counter argument that gets repeated every time this feat comes up is that Komachi adjusts the river, therefore crossing it is impossible to quantify as a speed feat.

First off, it doesn’t matter if the size of a thing varies when it comes to calculating the speed it would take to cross it; so long as that thing had a definitive, known size at the time the feat was performed, there is no reason to use the feat. And again, as proven above, the Sanzu River has an infinite width that must be crossed in its default state. So now we just need to prove that Komachi didn’t alter the width at the time the feat was performed.

In both Marisa and Youmu’s WBaWC routes, they explicitly mention not using Komachi’s services. Which, of course, means that they crossed the river’s default length since Komachi didn’t manipulate it. It is quite literally a secondary plot point that Komachi didn’t **** with the river; to say she did would be to say the literal plot of the game is wrong, and I shouldn’t have to explain why that’s ridiculous.

We can also apply common sense here again; part of the plot of WBaWC is that beast spirits have broken out of Hell and are entering Gensokyo to attempt to take it over. So naturally, keeping the beast spirits out of Gensokyo would be a high priority. Komachi shortening the river in this scenario would mean she is outright assisting a faction that is attempting to take over Gensokyo, something that is so wildly out of character that this shouldn’t even be an option.

In case this wasn’t OOC enough for her, one of the fundamental parts of her character is that she’s extremely lazy and continually puts off her duties to ferry souls across the river (here’s just one example). She doesn’t even mess with the river when it’s her job to do so; assuming that she would do so just for the hell of it is extremely contradictory to her character.

TL;DR: The Sanzu River has an infinite width when it isn’t being ****** with. The protagonists crossed the river when it wasn’t being manipulated, which means they crossed an infinite distance in finite time. We know Komachi didn’t **** with the river because 1. The game outright says she didn’t, and 2. It would be insanely OOC for her to do so in this instance. Which means the river maintained its infinite width while the protagonists crossed it.
Sigh. Oh well. I suppose that I will have to ask some other staff members for help then.

@Damage3245 @Starter_Pack @Abstractions @Colonel_Krukov @SamanPatou

Would any of you be willing to help out with evaluating this please?

Oh yeah that

We're having enough trouble getting infinite speed evaluated as it is, let's not push our luck here. Besides, Tenshi has a separate 2-C feat so imo it's probably better if we lump that in with Doremy's stuff in a separate thread.

20220118-154943.jpg

Hey everyone, how's it going. Just dropping in to comment on:
Besides, Tenshi has a separate 2-C feat so imo it's probably better if we lump that in with Doremy's stuff in a separate thread.
You guys can draft this and I'll add it to my mid godly stuff. I'm just really lazy QwQ

You fools, you're revealing our totally secret information here of all places. We're done for.
Has anyone messaged Prom yet?

You fools, you're revealing our totally secret information here of all places. We're done for.
Has anyone messaged Prom yet?
She's been offline for over a week last I checked.

You guys can draft this and I'll add it to my mid godly stuff. I'm just really lazy QwQ
I'm already like 50ish% done with a 2-C upgrade thread, but is it really a good idea to merge two separate controversial threads?

Not much of a contribution, and I don't remember if it's even accepted yet, but you sure that Yukari smiling was what spooked Drug Mom? I thought it was more the implication of what Yukari had done by sneaking something from off the Lunar Capital while completely avoiding detection, that got Eirin.

Edit: I'm aware the wording was "That ominous smile left a deep scar in Eirin's mind", but I'm going off of what I remember from CiLR.

"That ominous smile left a deep scar in Eirin's mind, something she would never be able to forget."

The text certainly sounds like it's attributing the fear to Yukari's smile. At bare minimum, her smile was enough to permanently traumatize Eirin, and that seems good enough for fear manip on its own.

also its already been accepted and applied so uhhhhhh oops

Hell-O~ while I know most stuff was seemingly accepted I just wanted to say something about the proposals:

That should be Soul Manipulation + Sealing, as she was able to bound spirits to certain locations. From what I know, this should qualify for sealing spiritual beings.
That's all.
It's already been accepted as sealing, but the soul part of it is just NPI I think. At least that's what I was told, I can see it being either that or soul manip tbh

Also I feel like this thread is slow moving enough that was can post another without much issue, iirc this is the only active thread and is gonna get closed soon anyways.

@LordGriffin1000

Are you in good enough shape to help with the final evaluations here currently, or should we wait a while longer?

Oh. Sorry about that then.

Can you cite the relevant information for properly evaluating that against please? Or should we wait some days for Promestein before I involve other staff?

Sure thing. It's just this one feat.

This is all we're waiting on, as everything else has been discussed and applied appropriately. I am fine with either waiting for Promestein or getting other staff involved, whichever works.

Sure thing. It's just this one feat.

This is all we're waiting on, as everything else has been discussed and applied appropriately. I am fine with either waiting for Promestein or getting other staff involved, whichever works.
@DarkDragonMedeus @Mr._Bambu @Damage3245 @SomebodyData

Would any of you be willing to help evaluate this please?

It was Promestein and Saikou who had issues with the Infinite stuff, but I suppose Fujiwara is making sense here.
Is that an agreement? Because we only needed one more to apply the edits.

Also, both Prom and Saikou have been inactive for an extended period of time, which is why neither of them have brought anything up. Saikou also never commented on this specific feat, just the two we were already using.

Promestein hasn't been absent for a very long time though. I last heard from her on March 5 (7 days ago).

Back