• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Girls Are Now Revising, Please Wait Warmly (Touhou Revisions... Yet Again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. It just means her cape is durable.
Some scans (Ten Desires, Reimu's Ending/Wild and Horned Hermit, Chapter 18/Urban Legend in Limbo, Reisen's Scenario) for Information Analysis, showing that she is capable of deducing power levels and the traits of magical objects with a glance.
First scan, no. The second can be used for ESP. So, replace info with ESP
A scan for Light Manipulation, showing that it’s passive and makes her hard to look at (Wild and Horned Hermit, Chapter 18) due to how blindingly beautiful she is. Additionally, many of her spell cards utilize light.
First one seems like a gag thing. It'squite common in manga. anything else?

For her weapons and attacks, light generation seems fine.
Transmutation and Explosion Manipulation from transmuting human emotions into light and making them explode. (The Grimoire of Usami, Section 1-8)
Scan is too small to make out anything out of it.
Seems like skills thing rather than WC
Sure, but do you have a better quality scan? Very hard to read rn
Hammerspace from storing giant yin-yang orbs “who-the-heck-knows-where”. (Grimoire of Marisa, Reimu Hakurei's Spell Cards)
I am not sure, can you explain it a bit more? The description is a bit confusing
Uh, no. That's not SR. Just forcefield - but with an extra application. Supernatural willpower too probs.
Empathic Manipulation from being able to perform divination/fortune telling, which requires controlling emotions. (Forbidden Scrollery, Chapter 25)
What does control mean exactly in this sense? He says he controlled his jealousy, but that can be done even by just about anyone.
Clairvoyance in her summoning key since she can summon a divine spirit to answer questions. (Forbidden Scrollery, Chapter 27)
Eh, no. I don't see Calirvoyance. You could probably list this under her summoning or just in notable techniques section
Resistance to Power Mimicry, as her techniques are unique to her and cannot be copied or used as reference. (Grimoire of Marisa, Reimu Hakurei's Spell Cards)
No. That's just the complexity of her technique.

You can just list this somewhere in her techniques or somesuch section.
Resistance to Illusion Creation, as she was able to see through a tanuki’s illusion easily. (Oriental Sacred Palace, Chapter 11)
Need more context. What does illusion mean here? Just a lie? And how did she detect it - because that's important. And also, how exactly she "saw" through it. Seeing through can mean many things
Resistance to Gravity Manipulation and Social Influencing, as the laws of gravity and threats of power mean nothing to her. (Imperishable Night, Manual) She is also stated to defy gravity, and that she cannot be tied down, (Perfect Memento in Strict Sense, Reimu Hakurei) and it is also said that the influence of multiple factions within Gensokyo means nothing to her. (Curiosities of Lotus Asia, Chapter 30)
First two are just flight. Defying gravity is often associated with that ability without further context. Also, it says she is weightless, so that's another factor which doesn't make this grav resist.

For SI... Define influence in the scan. Influence can come under many forms, and it doesn't look like abilities thing to me from reading that.
But as an extension of this, she should also get passive Statistics Manipulation that equalizes her opponent’s stats to her own. After all, it is directly stated that the reason such threats of power mean nothing to her is that she evens out whatever status one has.
Why?
More Physics Manipulation (or perhaps resistance to physics manipulation?) justifications, as her attacks are repeatedly (Grimoire of Marisa, Reimu Hakurei's Spell Cards) stated to ignore the laws of physics.
Limited physics manip
Marisa

Weapon Mastery
for her broomstick, since she is able to effectively use it as an improvised weapon, even while simultaneously using it for flight. That gif is just an example, but most of her basic attacks in fighting games from 13.5 onward are similar in nature.
Ig
She got a bad feeling doesn't mean precog. It does she say she felt disturbance through the forest. What kind of disturbance was it? Can it could come under enhanced sense or esp

Stealth from sneaking into Eientei, even when it was heavily guarded. (Cheating Detective Satori, Chapters 13, 14, & 15)
Oddly enough, I am seeing zero guards there
Absorption, Power Nullification, and Transmutation from being able to absorb or drain magic from her enemies, and turn their attacks into spirit power.
Not really seeing any of that...
Finally, her weaknesses section should mention that she’s weak to cold temperatures.
Nah. That's essentially a standard weakness for most. So, need for it.

You could mention in her standard attacks or whatever section she doesn't like cold
Weirdest WM yet... but sure lol
Ichirin

Unzan should get Energy Projection/Heat Manipulation from having laser eyes.
Heat should cover it. Seems like Supes' heat vision
Intangibility, also for Unzan. He’s literally a ******* cloud, and Sakuya says she can’t touch him. (The Grimoire of Usami, Section 1-6)
larger scan pls
Eh, no. That's barely anything
Futo

Light Manipulation
from making trails of light with her boat. (The Grimoire of Usami, Section 1-7)
Limited
Can we see her doing it?
An actual Enhanced Senses feat and not just scaling to Maribel: She can see the flow of energy. (Scarlet Weather Rhapsody, Youmu's Scenario)
What does she mean by the living beings thing?

Biological Manipulation from being able to manipulate the boundary of humans and youkai, (Seasonal Dream Vision, A Beautiful Flower Blooming Violet Every Sixty Years) and suggesting she could decisively determine the species of Mai and Satono using this. (The Grimoire of Usami, Section 2-7)
Seems like its a by product of her separation thing? I would put it as possibly ability
Mathematics Manipulation, since similarly to Ran, she can ‘control’ math equations in the same way one would control a shikigami. (Bohemian Archive in Japanese Red, Ran's Article) What’s funny is that I’ve seen people argue for her having this ability for totally unrelated and invalid reasons, so this is furthering the trend of “all Touhou wank is valid but not for the reasons everyone says it is”.
Shikigami = maths?
Animal Manipulation from using butterflies in her danmaku, just like Yuyuko. (Grimoire of Marisa, Yukari Yakumo's Spell Cards)
eh? aren't those energies/energy beings?
Empathic Manipulation for the same reason as Reimu listed above.
? why
More Resistance to Power Nullification, as she can still use her boundary manipulation in the Hakurei Shrine, (Cheating Detective Satori, Chapter 10) which nullifies all foreign boundaries. (Perfect Cherry Blossom, omake.txt) Way better than her weird gap energy reserves or whatever.
hmmm
No. Same as what I said about other PM resis

I will go through the rest later.

What Griffin and Confluctor have both accepted can probably be applied, but not what they have rejected. Thanks again for helping out.

Nothing here directly states her techniques can't be copied so I disagree with this. It just says her technique is different.
No. That's just the complexity of her technique.
I don't know how much this would support Reimu having resistance to Power Mimicry, but the source of this scan comes from a book that's about Marisa recording all of the spell cards she has fought before. The reason she's doing this is because she is trying to mimic the powers of said spell cards, and she has already been shown to be capable of mimicking the abilities of the cast in the past.
Are the mushrooms those yellow things?
Yes. She has a different move in the same game where she slams her broom and mushrooms fly into the air, it's seen a few seconds later in the same scan.
The way it's described, it sounds like it's a powerful hit and not paralysis. If you were struck by a powerful attack, you'd stop moving to.
It's... weird. She throws the blade at her opponent and they seem shocked, but they don't take any damage whatsoever from it until she actually takes the blade and strikes them with it.
What am I suppose to be looking at?
Bottom corner of the screen, the "super bar" of the characters.

I agree with Griffith's other points. Will respond to Confluctor's post later.

I don't know how much this would support Reimu having resistance to Power Mimicry, but the source of this scan comes from a book that's about Marisa recording all of the spell cards she has fought before. The reason she's doing this is because she is trying to mimic the powers of said spell cards, and she has already been shown to be capable of mimicking the abilities of the cast in the past.
still not it. Just list it in her techniques or something section.

I don't see any evidence for Information Analysis. Sensing the power in objects is just Extrasensory Perception, so I disagree with this.
Eh, I'm fine further ESP justifications in that case.

Nothing here directly states her techniques can't be copied so I disagree with this. It just says her technique is different.
"Only Reimu can do it, so it's no good at reference". I don't know how this isn't saying her techniques can't be copied? Marisa's saying that, since only Reimu is capable of doing this, she won't even bother trying to copy it.

Resistance to Gravity is fine but unless they actively tried to socially influence her, I don't see resistance.
If that's what's required for social influencing resistance I'm fine with leaving it out.

Where is this stated in the scan?
It's not directly stated, it's just implied based on the fact that she is stated to even out the level of people around her, and because of that, threats of power are meaningless. This can be interpreted as her equalizing their statistics, since that would be a means through which threats of power become useless.

No? It's not breaking the laws of physics in the power sense. It's doing it in the flowery language sense. For example, if I kicked and then teleported so the lock came from another spot, I technically broke the laws of physics because teleportion defies physics, and even flying defies the laws of physics.

Are the mushrooms those yellow things?
Fine with removing physics manip in that case, and yes on the mushrooms.

That's not Precognition. Her having a feeling something bad was going to happen and it happens is a common thing in fiction. Precognition is if she had a vision or knew or a fact something was going to happen and or at what time. The scan is just one of those "I got a bad feeling about this" and it happens to be correct. By that logic, countless characters in fiction need Precognition.

It says she can probably transform so I'd say "possibly".
It's a bit different though, since there was a disturbance in the air that she picked up on. It's not like she just guessed and got lucky, she legitimately sensed something off and in doing so accurately predicted the future. Fine with adding a 'possibly' to transformation.

Disagree, in the scan it states "almost all" boundaries are nullified. So you can say if the ones she's using are included or not. You'd need to show that the boundary she is using has been nullified before by another but her using the same one didn't get nullified.
The 'almost all boundaries' statement is in reference to how the Great Hakurei Barrier wasn't nullified by the shrine. That's why the text goes on to say that this is part of the reason why it's so powerful. So contextually, it's just saying that strong boundaries can resist the passive power nullification. In fact, since Yukari is the one who created the Great Hakurei Barrier, this is just further evidence of her boundary manipulation being difficult to nullify.

This is not resistance. It doesn't say anyone can't copy it, it says you need to be able to withstand it's pressure to wield it or be like her. This is basically saying that even if you can copy it, you'd need the strength to use it. For example, I copy an energy attack that requires immense willpower to use but I lack the willpower to actually use the technique. This isn't resistance to power mimicry, this is just me not having to proper qualifications to use the technique.
What ability would it be then? I thought we generally considered this resistance to power mimicry, and I remember someone suggesting a new ability covering 'unique' techniques like this that can only be used by certain people, but if not those, idk what else we'd go with.

What makes this adhesive manipulation? Do the bubbles stick to the target or trap then inside?
The initial volley of bubble sticks to the opponent, and once enough of them are stuck together, they form a larger bubble that traps the opponent. So, yes to both.

No, she states she's in pain so that means she feels it, but has immense pain tolerance which they eventually overcame. This isn't resistance for her a power for the cast.
Even if it's not a resistance I feel like we should list how high her pain tolerance is under her resistances tab. I've seen the same thing done for other characters with her degrees of pain tolerance. Same deal with the pain manip, it's not supernatural in nature, it's just that their attacks are ridiculously painful, and that should at least warrant a mention in their P&A.

No, gravity can't flip an entire dimension (unless it's stated to specifically be that power at work), it would be more akin to just Reality Warping.
RW is fine, wasn't too sure of what ability it was to begin with.

It says this is what happens to spirits. Are the characters all spirits? If not, I don't see it applying to those with a body or those who aren't spirits.
Youkai are made of spirit, so they would be affected by it. Also, more or less every character in the series has a soul, so there's no reason to assume it wouldn't work on them.

That's not a possession negation, it's Non-Physical Interaction. She was able to hit someone that was inside another person's body and pull them out. Since the person doing the possession isn't physical at the time.
I guess I can list it as versatility for her NPI.

What am I suppose to be looking at?
The character's super meters on the bottom shatter. Later on in the fight, the same happens to their health bars.

This isn't animal manipulation. One needs to control them in some way, and simply communicating with them isn't enough.
What ability do we consider talking to animals, then?

If say it's more akin to Resistance to Corrosion Inducement since that focuses not on decay.
Yeah that seems like a better fit. I always forget we have this page.

When the hell did I say I or the wiki doesn't like Touhou!? I don't know the verse but I never said I dislike it. My comment is towards threads that are a hulking mass of additions which I've made clear on many other threads that aren't Touhou, so please don't put words in my mouth. And have you been on every comic and or anime thread? Let me tell you something, the more popular ones get dumb. All I see is "oh this site hates and downplays comics", "oh what's with the downplay of this anime". So for you to say nobody seems to direct their "frustration" as you call it to either of those is a baseless assumption.

If I'm frustrated at anything, it's the fact that not to long ago some **** stole my ID and is currently trying to use it for their benifet, my home internet is shit and I half to go my ass to another place just to properly evaluate your giant thread, and then get ******* rained on because some asshole stole my umbrella I couldn't even wait for a better day to do this because this is the only time I had free because I'm either doing stuff for my family or working for the rest of this week. Now add in all the revisions I need to get done and for verses that not many others care about, I almost have not time for threads like these. But despite this.
It's just the general attitude I see towards the verse at times. I wasn't intending to target any one specific person. In any case, I'm well aware about how often people complain about shonen/comic stats, and I'm fine with the same being done to Touhou, since that's just kinda the nature of VS debating. What I don't accept, however, is people getting frustrated over the attempts to revise Touhou in any meaningful way. There are a far larger number of CRTs being done for comics, but I don't see people complaining about that.

In any case, I'm sorry if I came off as aggressive and I hope your situation improves soon. Don't feel obligated to reply here until it does, since I know how taxing VS stuff can be when life sucks shit.

No. It just means her cape is durable.
What about this? She can trap people inside her cape before launching them out.

Scan is too small to make out anything out of it.
The text reads "She's transmuting the audience's enthusiasm into concentrated light before making it explode. So this whole chain of spell cards was just so she could steal out hearts in one swoop?"

Seems like skills thing rather than WC

Sure, but do you have a better quality scan? Very hard to read rn
I don't know what kind of skills you'd need to make a weapon hover above the ground and rotate on its own.

Here's a better scan.

What does control mean exactly in this sense? He says he controlled his jealousy, but that can be done even by just about anyone.
He does say that divination requires manipulating emotions, which suggests a greater degree of control besides just improving as a person or whatever.

Eh, no. I don't see Calirvoyance. You could probably list this under her summoning or just in notable techniques section
Would it fit another ability in that case?

Need more context. What does illusion mean here? Just a lie? And how did she detect it - because that's important. And also, how exactly she "saw" through it. Seeing through can mean many things
The tanuki is disguising itself as Marisa through its illusions, and Reimu is able to still see it as, yknow, a tanuki, showing that the illusion didn't work on her. Earlier in the chapter she also notices that the moon is illusory.

First two are just flight. Defying gravity is often associated with that ability without further context. Also, it says she is weightless, so that's another factor which doesn't make this grav resist.

For SI... Define influence in the scan. Influence can come under many forms, and it doesn't look like abilities thing to me from reading that.

Why?
I mean, basically everyone else in the series can fly, but at no point are they stated to be unaffected by gravity. This is something unique to Reimu, and being unbound by the laws of gravity suggests that even if they were to be manipulated, they still wouldn't affect her.

Basically there are numerous factions in Gensokyo vying for influence, often trying to attract followers through religious sermons and the like. Reimu is stated to be unaffected by any of it and will just keep going her own way. This is why one of the scans mentions she never has to worry about being controlled by someone else.

Already explained this in response to Griffin.

Oddly enough, I am seeing zero guards there
There's a bit of setup beforehand where they try to get in normally but are stopped because the place is on lockdown.

larger scan pls
unknown.png

Eh, no. That's barely anything
Why? She's pretty clearly making afterimages though?

Can we see her doing it?
I can't recall any examples of her doing this in canon. It's just a natural consequence of how boundaries work. Ig you could argue that removing the boundary between Gensokyo and the outside world and causing them to merge together would be an example.

What does she mean by the living beings thing?
I'm not sure. Presumably it means that living things have more energy, so seeing that energy is easier since there's more of it. Either way, still and enhanced sense feat.

Seems like its a by product of her separation thing? I would put it as possibly ability
Why? In the second example, she'd be forcing the two characters to become either humans or youkai. Removing that boundary wouldn't be able to accomplish that.

Shikigami = maths?
Basically, yeah.

eh? aren't those energies/energy beings?
No? They look like that in-game, sure, but in-game sprites aren't really ever 1-to-1 with what they're supposed to be in lore. They're just butterflies.

Yukari can also perform fortune telling, which based on the scans in Reimu's section, requires controlling emotions.

If I didn't respond to something of yours here (like the power mimicry stuff) I probably covered it in the response to Griffin.

Not so sure if this helps 100%, but It is accepted that youkai are mostly made of spirit and they are compared to ghosts.
That seems fine for them then.

Hmm, well if no one has any issue with it then I guess it's fine.
Yes. She has a different move in the same game where she slams her broom and mushrooms fly into the air, it's seen a few seconds later in the same scan.
Ok then.
I guess it's fine then.
Bottom corner of the screen, the "super bar" of the characters..
Ah, now I see. Thanks.

"Only Reimu can do it, so it's no good at reference". I don't know how this isn't saying her techniques can't be copied? Marisa's saying that, since only Reimu is capable of doing this, she won't even bother trying to copy it.
I guess it's fine then.
It's not directly stated, it's just implied based on the fact that she is stated to even out the level of people around her, and because of that, threats of power are meaningless. This can be interpreted as her equalizing their statistics, since that would be a means through which threats of power become useless.
I don't agree with that assumption. By that logic, you could argue she just neutralized the power completely and thus makes it "useless".
Fine with removing physics manip in that case, and yes on the mushrooms.
Alright then.
It's a bit different though, since there was a disturbance in the air that she picked up on. It's not like she just guessed and got lucky, she legitimately sensed something off and in doing so accurately predicted the future. Fine with adding a 'possibly' to transformation.
But that's not precog. Unless their could have been a dozen things that could have gone wrong, her making a prediction is just that.
The 'almost all boundaries' statement is in reference to how the Great Hakurei Barrier wasn't nullified by the shrine. That's why the text goes on to say that this is part of the reason why it's so powerful. So contextually, it's just saying that strong boundaries can resist the passive power nullification. In fact, since Yukari is the one who created the Great Hakurei Barrier, this is just further evidence of her boundary manipulation being difficult to nullify.
I'm neutral on this but if others agree I guess it's fine.
What ability would it be then? I thought we generally considered this resistance to power mimicry, and I remember someone suggesting a new ability covering 'unique' techniques like this that can only be used by certain people, but if not those, idk what else we'd go with.
If we considered it resistance the i guess it's fine, I personally don't see it as such.
The initial volley of bubble sticks to the opponent, and once enough of them are stuck together, they form a larger bubble that traps the opponent. So, yes to both.
Ok then.
Even if it's not a resistance I feel like we should list how high her pain tolerance is under her resistances tab. I've seen the same thing done for other characters with her degrees of pain tolerance. Same deal with the pain manip, it's not supernatural in nature, it's just that their attacks are ridiculously painful, and that should at least warrant a mention in their P&A.
I really don't agree with that but if it's accepted for other characters as such, I guess it's fine. I'll probably make a thread about it in the future.
Youkai are made of spirit, so they would be affected by it. Also, more or less every character in the series has a soul, so there's no reason to assume it wouldn't work on them.
Youkai are fine but because the others aren't disembodied like actual souls/spirits it is likely they aren't going to be effected.
The character's super meters on the bottom shatter. Later on in the fight, the same happens to their health bars.
Ok then.
What ability do we consider talking to animals, then?
I'm unsure but the Animal Manipulation page doesn't list communicating with animals as evidence from what I can tell.

Also, I apologize for the rant. Real life is sucking at the moment but I shouldn't bring my issues to the wiki. I will refrain from doing so in the future. It's clear you put a lot of work into these threads and I shouldn't complain.

You really don't need to apologize, it's understandable. Thank you for your input.

Would being able to somehow communicate with animals be an intelligence feat or minor/limited Automatic Translation, then?

Also, I apologize for the rant. Real life is sucking at the moment but I shouldn't bring my issues to the wiki. I will refrain from doing so in the future. It's clear you put a lot of work into these threads and I shouldn't complain.
For what it's worth, you're only human, and being an admin doesn't make you immune to having trouble outside of the wiki. Nobody will blame you for venting during hard times.

I'm sure we're all simply wishing the best for you, Griffin.

And like others have said, take all the time you need for vs stuff. Your hardships/ life in general are way more important and we'll understand.

Youkai are fine but because the others aren't disembodied like actual souls/spirits it is likely they aren't going to be effected.
I'll respond to the rest tomorrow but real quick I kinda take issue with this. Why does a soul need to be outside of a body to be subject to soul manipulation? It's not like it stops being a soul at that point, it'll have the same properties regardless of whether it's internal or external.

It's fine honestly. I know how easy it is to let IRL stuff bleed into everything else you do, and it sucks.

I don't agree with that assumption. By that logic, you could argue she just neutralized the power completely and thus makes it "useless".
Even with that interpretation it'd still be a passive ability that 'equalizes' people, and since it's referring to the amount of power one has, I don't see a reason to not qualify it as some kind of statistics equalization. She obviously doesn't nullify the powers of whoever she fights, so I wouldn't use that interpretation.

But that's not precog. Unless their could have been a dozen things that could have gone wrong, her making a prediction is just that.
In most circumstances, yes, but I think when you add the context of her specifically feeling something off about her environment, and using that as the basis for predicting the future, that's something that goes beyond just regular senses. That by itself is along the lines of ESP/enhanced senses, but since she's predicting the future with this, it's precog.

I really don't agree with that but if it's accepted for other characters as such, I guess it's fine. I'll probably make a thread about it in the future.
I don't think there's ever been a consensus on if it's resistance, supernatural willpower, or stamina, so yeah a thread is probably needed.

I'm unsure but the Animal Manipulation page doesn't list communicating with animals as evidence from what I can tell.
Would being able to somehow communicate with animals be an intelligence feat or minor/limited Automatic Translation, then?
Maybe the latter? Maybe just list it as 'Animal Communication' or something and have it link to the automatic translation page, idk.

That's already on her pr- wait what the **** do you mean this wasn't on her profile.

Even with that interpretation it'd still be a passive ability that 'equalizes' people, and since it's referring to the amount of power one has, I don't see a reason to not qualify it as some kind of statistics equalization. She obviously doesn't nullify the powers of whoever she fights, so I wouldn't use that interpretation.
Yeah it does seem to be some sort of Statistics Modification. It doesn't seem to be an actual ability in the wiki, though.

In most circumstances, yes, but I think when you add the context of her specifically feeling something off about her environment, and using that as the basis for predicting the future, that's something that goes beyond just regular senses. That by itself is along the lines of ESP/enhanced senses, but since she's predicting the future with this, it's precog.
Personally, I agree with LordGriffin that it's really not actual precognition as Marisa just made observations about what happened—the "disturbance" which rippled through the forest—and had a feeling that something bad will happen. She turned out to be right when the night lasted longer than usual.

I don't think the scan you posted even showed her predicting the future with present information on her hands, she just had a vague feeling something was up and she was right when a specific effect came up. The best I can see it being used for is ESP or Enhanced Senses.

Personally, I agree with LordGriffin that it's really not actual precognition as Marisa just made observations about what happened—the "disturbance" which rippled through the forest—and had a feeling that something bad will happen. She turned out to be right when the night lasted longer than usual.

I don't think the scan you posted even showed her predicting the future with present information on her hands, she just had a vague feeling something was up and she was right when a specific effect came up. The best I can see it being used for is ESP or Enhanced Senses.
Yeah, I'm more or less agreeing with Griffin with this one after looking at it again, at most it just shows evidence of her having good intuition. Good for debates maybe, but a power or ability? Nah

If somebody writes easy to understand explanation for what currently needs to be evaluated here, I can call for Griffin and Confluctor afterwards.

Currently, Griffin doesn't seem to have any issues with the thread except the following (I may have missed a thing or two, sorry if that's the case). I'm not covering things they are neutral on or things that I have already accepted as rejected or wrong, so I can go back and remove those things in the OP in a moment.
-Precognition for Marisa
-Statistics Equalization & Physics Manipulation for Reimu
-Resistance to Pain Manipulation for Mokou
-Animal Manipulation for Reisen

I responded to Confluctor's concerns and they said they would respond when they had the time. In addition, they said they'd take a look at the rest of the OP later, so I would like to wait for them for at least a few more days before moving forward.

Currently, Griffin doesn't seem to have any issues with the thread except the following (I may have missed a thing or two, sorry if that's the case). I'm not covering things they are neutral on or things that I have already accepted as rejected or wrong, so I can go back and remove those things in the OP in a moment.
-Precognition for Marisa

I responded to Confluctor's concerns and they said they would respond when they had the time. In addition, they said they'd take a look at the rest of the OP later, so I would like to wait for them for at least a few more days before moving forward.
Okay.

@LordGriffin1000 @Confluctor

Please take a look at this when you find the time then. There is no hurry though.

What about this? She can trap people inside her cape before launching them out.
Except that's not what's happening here?
The text reads "She's transmuting the audience's enthusiasm into concentrated light before making it explode. So this whole chain of spell cards was just so she could steal out hearts in one swoop?"
Empathic and light seems fine. A bit iffy on explosion
I don't know what kind of skills you'd need to make a weapon hover above the ground and rotate on its own.
When I watch the video, there was no hovering or anything without her not touching it.
He does say that divination requires manipulating emotions, which suggests a greater degree of control besides just improving as a person or whatever.
Does he tho? Cause in the scans he says control.
Would it fit another ability in that case?
Nah
The tanuki is disguising itself as Marisa through its illusions, and Reimu is able to still see it as, yknow, a tanuki, showing that the illusion didn't work on her. Earlier in the chapter she also notices that the moon is illusory.
Enhanced senses then

I mean, basically everyone else in the series can fly, but at no point are they stated to be unaffected by gravity. This is something unique to Reimu, and being unbound by the laws of gravity suggests that even if they were to be manipulated, they still wouldn't affect her.
To me, that seems like a gigantic leap without much evidence
Basically there are numerous factions in Gensokyo vying for influence, often trying to attract followers through religious sermons and the like. Reimu is stated to be unaffected by any of it and will just keep going her own way. This is why one of the scans mentions she never has to worry about being controlled by someone else.
Still not seeing it
Already explained this in response to Griffin.
I will let him respond to it first, can't find it at a quick glance
Nope
Why? She's pretty clearly making afterimages though?
I mean is it really? If you look at the video and the screenshot, it's barely noticeable.
I can't recall any examples of her doing this in canon. It's just a natural consequence of how boundaries work. Ig you could argue that removing the boundary between Gensokyo and the outside world and causing them to merge together would be an example.
Hmm
I'm not sure. Presumably it means that living things have more energy, so seeing that energy is easier since there's more of it. Either way, still and enhanced sense feat.
See I feel like this more has to do with the environment they are in than her own power
Why? In the second example, she'd be forcing the two characters to become either humans or youkai. Removing that boundary wouldn't be able to accomplish that.
Well, I have no idea how uokai and humans work in the verse, so sure I suppose
No? They look like that in-game, sure, but in-game sprites aren't really ever 1-to-1 with what they're supposed to be in lore. They're just butterflies.
Ok

Also, in the future, can you guys just revise one or two characters at a time? It's get insanely hard to evaluate everything properly, especially with so many different things to consider.

If you do 1 or 2 characters max usually, I wouldn't mind helping out more often.

-Precognition for Marisa

Those are pretty much my only issues, yes.

However, today is my birthday and it has been complete garbage so I really don't feel like taking part in the thread at this time, my apologies.

Except that's not what's happening here?
Does this help? Like, she swings her cape around, her enemy gets trapped inside, and a few moments later they get launched out.

Empathic and light seems fine. A bit iffy on explosion
How so? Isn't making things just arbitrarily explode kinda explicit?

When I watch the video, there was no hovering or anything without her not touching it.
She isn't holding it though, and the gohei is above Reimu's feet so it's definitely above ground level.
unknown.png

Does he tho? Cause in the scans he says control.
?
unknown.png

Fair enough.

To me, that seems like a gigantic leap without much evidence

Still not seeing it
Doesn't seem like I can convince you on these then.

I will let him respond to it first, can't find it at a quick glance
My response:
unknown.png

Why though? The guy in question is literally a living cloud. That's like textbook intangibility.

I mean is it really? If you look at the video and the screenshot, it's barely noticeable.
I guess? But they are there, and I don't recall any criteria for how visible afterimages need to be in order to qualify for the ability.

See I feel like this more has to do with the environment they are in than her own power
Not really, because Youmu is also there and she's unable to see any kind of energy. So it's specific to Yukari, or at minimum she's better at detecting it than other people.

Well, I have no idea how uokai and humans work in the verse, so sure I suppose
They're completely different species, so changing the boundary between them is like manipulating what species someone is. They also don't have brains or DNA, so you'd either have to add or take away those things in the process of determining their species.

Also, in the future, can you guys just revise one or two characters at a time? It's get insanely hard to evaluate everything properly, especially with so many different things to consider.

If you do 1 or 2 characters max usually, I wouldn't mind helping out more often.
Problem is that we also get some flak for putting out too many CRTs, so splitting big ones like this into 5-6 smaller ones would make that whole situation worse. We really can't please everyone. Not to mention we're still gonna have to do some verse-wide revisions from time to time. Ofc I'm fine with doing smaller revisions for minor hax and stuff, since we're kinda running out of new abilities to add, so doing 1-2 characters at a time for threads like that is probably better.

Those are pretty much my only issues, yes.

However, today is my birthday and it has been complete garbage so I really don't feel like taking part in the thread at this time, my apologies.
No problem. Happy birthday, and I hope your day (and life in general) improves.

It would still beat doing all of the revisions at once, but like I said, we should wait and be sure that everything up until a certain point is accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back