• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Mk.V

Thought you meant against the nigh-lich/Overlord

[he did not care much about finding his opponent's resistances and he did not have the time to use [Time Stop] and similar spells to discern his weaknesses.]

Nah, from the sentence it seems Ainz was in a rush, so he just went straight for DPS

Regarding the Cure fight, Ainz even contemplates using Time Stop anyway, since even though Cure has resistance, it doesn't mean the zombies surrounding him do, but in typical fashion, he overthinks

In other words, the Zombies were just Zombies. If he cast [Time Stop], it ought to be effective against the Zombie mass even if it was not effective against Cure Elim himself. That would make them a prison for Cure Elim, who would be sealed inside them. While he felt that it was an effective attack method, there was one thing about it which made him uneasy. Namely, where had the Brightness Dragon Lord's time-stop resistance come from? All of Suzuki Satoru's time-stop resistance came from his gear. However, the Brightness Dragon Lord did not look like the sort who used equipment. Did that mean it had innate resistance to it? It would be fine if that was all. The question was whether said resistance could be applied to others, as though it were a defensive spell. Of course, even if it could cast a spell like that, it would not be wasted if he could force his opponent to play a card. However, it would be troublesome if that ability worked against his trump card as well.
That was why Suzuki Satoru did not cast [Time Stop].

So he was too cautious to use it due to the possible nature of Cure having innate Time Stop resistance and it applying to his zombies. Of course this is a very specific case that only happened because it didn't work on a previous foe who was also a Dragon Lord. Looking at these circumstances, I don't see why Ainz would not use Time Stop a battle with an unknown opponent, like in a VS battle.

He should actually have other time spells (going off him not stating he only has one). Shalltear used [Time Accelerator] to slow down everything and Demiurge used [Judecca] that froze a target in time. (Not saying it should be added)

Edit: Demiurge's time freeze has holes I just realised and the author should already know. A friendly could freeze a friend in time so that they avoid damage/death since no attack would work, it would be even more broke if attacks worked.

So as Overlord heads to a close, do you guys think Ainz will get some OP upgrade, whether in hax or AP, or do you think things will go at about the level they are now?

We havent even really revealed a lot of what Ainz and others can do, mostly the other guardians. Upping the ante when there's more still to explore feels like a very bad move.

Well Maruyama is tired of writing Overlord, so there's a good chance not everyone will get development

He will eventually. Wild magic ring would put Cocytus into level 105, it would be truly cringe if after this Cocytus still says Ainz is the strongest among them. So I can see him receiving a similar/superior buff.

They are all the same level as ainz now, him being above them has nothing to do with power. He is one of their creators a being above all others despite the fact they are aware of other entities on the same level of power. Saying that why would cocytus gain the ring? It's only real value to the nazerick cast is allowing them to break their level cap, Im pretty sure if anyone get's that ring its ainz...

My bad, I should have added this. Also the part about strength was Cocytus assesment after Shalltear batter (typical sasuga Ainz stuff).

[The ring Gazef possessed had the ability to increase warrior levels [senshi reberu], if Cocytus could possess it, he would exceed a Level 100 Warrior. In the case of Ainz who has no Warrior Levels "Warrior strength [sentou ryoku]…increases by 5…. What garbage."]

https://mypage.syosetu.com/mypageblog/view/userid/170524/blogkey/833384/

Ahhh, I didn't know that still not sure how cocytus being stronger then ainz would change anything. They don't worship ainz for his power alone "though thats a part" Its mostly based on ainz being one of thier creators. Hmm so the rings useless to ainz but would be great on cocytus, interesting.

If she was the main protag of the adventuring segment in the Webnovel bits, did she act any different?

Could also have been given mistakenly because Yuri would do horrible acts like the others even if she doesn't indulge on them, as long as Ainz asks.

Should be for WN Narberal and kind of Sebas (minus the evil part). Just realised general Enri doesn't have a profile

HwQn7Nh
Okay, she's pretty strong though. PS2 CGI aside, her goblin bros would win against the armies of the Kingdom and Empire.

It seems Rigrit had it easy even though she pre against undead. Anyways it's interesting reading this with Maruyama unaware he'll write a story about her in the future.

Evileye:

Ms. Default Route Heroine, all it takes is one 'You're so cool, now I've fallen in love!' it seems.

By the way she has a dreadful/amazing Talent, yet she no longer or never will again be able to use her Talent.

Perhaps one of the world's top ten talents?

This is why, she could survive so long, in a sense.

And I'm not talking about this part of the continent or even the WN.

Or how should I put it, in Overlord I do not act on every piece of foreshadowing...

Somehow or other if it seems suspicious, if you were led to think that...please let me go?

If you get a hold of this fellow she'll spill everything, and half of all of Overlord's foreshadowings will be exposed.

I wonder if there are signs there will be a visit to the Slane Theocracy?

By the way I said she was defeated by each member of Blue Rose before, rather than because of true ability though there were factors such as (...If I lose, we'll become friends/comrades ///), and it would be unpleasant to show her true power accidentally resulting in killing her old comrade; such a painful experience was another underlying pretext to her defeat.

Was it possible she did not give everything she had to win? ] Author volume 5/6 thoughts

0s57d22
Was this rejected? Iguva feat: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Dargoo_Faust/Overlord:_Lake_Freeze_Re-do
He is level 22 boosted by Ainz skill he seems to be high 20s or level 30 in stats. Problem here is that he had cast fireball, a 3rd tier spell with a potency that correlates with his magic atk but then this messes up the scaling of higher tier spell doesn't it? If you look at link

Edit: Red lines are where his stats end compared to Narberal.

Let's use the low end 6.3 tons for tier 3 [Fireball], Iguva's stats are all over the place for example his HP received an increase of over 70% while his magic attk only has a 30% increase. He is still restricted by his level, something author calls level based damage, so it just makes him high end for a level 22 caster.

Iguva magic atk before buff: 17.5
Iguva magic atk afer buff: 23

So i'll just assume here that he received a 5 level increase, some of you may think this is too high or too low but let's use it as a base. Adjusting for level difference damage he'd just get recognised as a level 22 caster by the system but let's raise that to 27, now he is low end adamantite (27-29).

Assuming you go full caster classes:

1-7 = 1
8-14 = 2
15-21 = 3
22-27 = 4
28-36 = 5
37-42 = 6
43-49 = 7
50-56 = 8
57-63 = 9
64-70 = 10 + Super tier at level 70

We know Iguva used 4th tier summon instead of [Grand Fireball] (a 4th tier fireball) so him having it is out the window. Anyways, the level 28/29 Brain would be higher than this entering City-Block potency with his martial arts that seemingly transcends levels that affects the hero realm which is 30-36. We know Lakyus is in the hero realm and in the WN could have easily defeated Brain or Gazef but let's just put hero realm at high city-block.

Clementine though is harder to rate, she has a piercing + critical build, so if she were wall class she could go up to small building with her hits. This is not to say this scales to her physical prowess/strength, it's just her build, author said she wouldn't be able to win against the Skeletal dragon that is immune to critical hits and piercing damage, pretty much something that hard counters her build despite the monster being low level and the level 27/28 Gagaran could defeat 2, why? Well bludgeoning damage, which is why I said Clem's physical ability doesn't scale to her build/damage. Which reminds me she was using a bludgeoning weapon that she hurt herself with.

Doesn't WoG state Clementine is superior to Gazef and Brain?

Whatever they scale to in physical ability, Clementine will probably scale to

Muchacho mrm said:
We know Iguva used 4th tier summon instead of [Grand Fireball] (a 4th tier fireball) so him having it is out the window. Anyways, the level 28/29 Brain would be higher than this entering City-Block potency with his martial arts that seemingly transcends levels that affects the hero realm which is 30-36. We know Lakyus is in the hero realm and in the WN could have easily defeated Brain or Gazef but let's just put hero realm at high city-block.
Why are you using the WN to scale LN characters?

Unless i'm misinterpreting what you're going for

Clementine is in the hero realm so of-course she is stronger.

It was posted here http://overlordnotes.blogspot.com/2015/10/authors-q.html

The site they give for the raw site has been taken down. Nani?! Going through Author blog posts he had posted the first portion of their post here https://mypage.syosetu.com/mypageblog/view/userid/170524/blogkey/846518/

Clementine (Black Scripture Equipment) > Gazef (All 5 Kingdom Treasure Equipment) > Clementine (Equipment used during the fight against Momon) > Hamsuke > Gazef > Brain > Gagaran > Zero > Wall > Zaryusu > Climb > a tiger > average Human

I thought this was level based strength, unlike that site the author carries on saying:

Strength Permutations:

The [above] are the relative strength of warriors that have appeared so far.

Note: The [Wild Magic] Ring was not used.

Note: Fully equipped Gazef and Clementine are reinforced by various items, so there is a question if this ranking is correct.

Note: Maruyama merely judged wining and losing at a basic level. (Because there are various things one cannot win against, such as Clementine vs the Skeletal Dragon)

Note: Zero is high in terms of level, but monks are weaker than warriors, thus the evaluation.

So Climb isn't using the ring, nor is Gazef. Which explains why he is lower than Zaryusu and below the level 20 wall. Add link isn't working it seems, meh I probably just need to refresh but I'm already at this stage.

She is in the hero realm I just mentioned WN for no reason, you can ignore that. Also the rating is being above Brain and Gazef was what I was going for, she is higher level and has a sword to stomp either unless Gazef uses Razor Edge or the ring, the latter seems iffy, she can fight him close or get some range and use magic against him.

So, I edited this picture of Ainz using Perfect Warrior. Should I add it to his profile under another tabber after Momon? I also made a cropped version.
PW Ainz Vector

Nice. Ainz receives +15 levels from his usual set, this seems higher, that is if all the compatible gear gives him any.

I think you were just looking at it way more complicated than needed. Hypotheticals that go that far are rarely worth time or effort. It mostly just tells us that an At Least is for sure justified or whatever.

we don't really use the stat sheets for justifications

if we did, then we would see CZ, the weakest Pleiade at lvl 46, has a Physical Attack stat stronger than Demi's, and what seems to be equal to his Magical Attack

That would make CZ 7-B

Considering a 5 level gap is huge, I would think a 54 level difference would be literally impossible, so it wouldn't make sense to put them on the same tier

Stat table are from pixel snipers or more like pixel counters? They use the stat sheet to quantify stats. It gives you a good indicator of where their stats are but yes, only Maruyama knows the mechanics for this after-all Ainz's physical atk is near the level 51 Yuri while the level 46 CZ is higher than Yuri. Old bones said he was comparable to a level 33 warrior!

Also the +15 levels thing is what the author imagines gear does, from my point of view it's an addition rather than assimilation. He was talking about Climb vs Succulent before mentioning Ainz.

The increases to level from armaments is just an image. In fact they should always have armaments of that level, but that gets extremely complicated. Maruyama's image is it results in an increase. Ainz has a complete God [Divine] set which should be something like + 15 Levels, among other things is vaguely the idea. Delving further into armaments will get complicated.

I imagine stats are just relative to your level. A level 100 would get more from the same stat value than a level 1.

It would make sense for YGGDRASIL's game design as well. Typically in RPGs with stats, your stats start off really close to each other in the beginning, and at higher levels they have larger and larger gaps between them.

I mean

When you account for any modifiers from special race classes, passives from race and job classes, equipment and the level difference also messing around with the damage you can take and receive

Stats have never been any true or accurate measure of the characters beyond showing what's the general objective of their build and how they fare in each stat versus people of similar level.

I guess it's fine to think it's only relative to their level, level based damage comes into play too. RIP Cure Elim. Most of his stats were probably higher than Ainz. Lost his name because of auto-translation and defeated by the very thing he was preparing for. Before I go to sleep I'll dump this (below). This is volume 6 author thoughts. In the web novel Ainz said that Nazarick had item level 80+ spread around while the treasury had higher and that he had no level 40 items lol. For the LN this was obvious I think (below)

Entoma:

The first of the children to be defeated.

This is frequently misunderstood however, there are various guys in the New World who can defeat those around Level 50 right? In the case of those Dragonlords bearing the label True, (True Dragon Lords) even all members of the Pleiades would not be an opponent.

That's not to say that NPCs are existences created solely to be strong.

The fact is that few people are configured/created to be strong, I should say.

Nazarick is such a dreadful place, that in it's organizational capability [TL: jargon: means manpower, their skill level, and knowledge], Lv. 50 grade monsters are considered only small fry.

Back