• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Mk.V

yea, but how many strong verses use the "hard as steel" descriptor thinking it sounds impressive, even though they have, like, tier 8-7 feats at least

that's why feats > statements

"My armor is as hard as steel!!"

survives an explosion that vaporizes a city

"SSTEEEEEEEELL!!"

In-verse, steel is still weaker than metals like mithril and adamantite. The high-level adventurers wouldn't be using sterl armor.

Still, Brain's durability is scaling from a fireball spell, so who knows how that even compares to a shockwave.

Was comparing the "Can put a dent in armor" quote to the common descriptor "Harder than steel"

Both sound good in a vacuum, but when you've performed tier 8 feats or higher, it doesn't mean much

It's just a case of "Authors might not know how strong their verse is"

For Brain? I think it's fine to just scale off Climb, this site has those animals as [Wall Level].

Climb:

The persistent hero [/protagonist. ]

This child is kind to many people, because he has always been under the attentive warm eyes of an ossan.

Readers who watch a 20 year-old that has been separated[/isolated] from companionship would understand after watching him.

Until then, please think about why.

By the way, he's stronger than a tiger or brown bear. Scary Ôê╝! ]

https://mypage.syosetu.com/mypageblog/view/userid/170524/blogkey/833384/

Brain definitely does not scale to climb. Climb is level 15, and Brain is slightly weaker than Gazef, who's near or in the realm of heroes. Even most adamantite adventurers aren't that high level. Climb is only at the level of a gold-ranked adventurer.

Delete
So I was watching the 2nd Drama CD, where Ainz fights a Basilisk, and when the carriage driver asks him how he plans to deal with it's Petrifying Gaze, Ainz responds:
Guess Ainz gets another resistance

Scaling up not scaling on par to. Author in the same page mentions the ring's 5 levels as well as [Limit Breaker] so I assume that comparison was based off base strength/ability and not taking into account items. Hero realm should be 30+ (not official) but below 36 (outlier tier Fluder), neither are in it based off their character sheet info.

Apeironaxim said:
Should I just add it?
This seems pretty clear cut
It's nothing major. There should be no problem with adding it.

Muchacho mrm said:
Scaling up not scaling on par to. Author in the same page mentions the ring's 5 levels as well as [Limit Breaker] so I assume that comparison was based off base strength/ability and not taking into account items. Hero realm should be 30+ (not official) but below 36 (outlier tier Fluder), neither are in it based off their character sheet info.
Going by the character sheets, they are just below the realm of heroes. That's still pretty high level for the New World, and definitely not even close to Climb's level even if he uses Limit Breaker and his ring. Keep in mind that even a few levels can make a big difference, especially when you have advanced job classes like Gazef's Champion classes and Brain's Genius Fighter, Sword Master, and Sword Saint classes. Climb is untalented, so he only has regular job classes like Fighter, while Gazef and Brain have higher stats and better abilities than they would normally have thanks to their natural aptitude granting them better classes. If anyone else wants to see the character sheets, they're here:

http://skythewood.blogspot.com/p/blog-page_3.html

• Grasp Heart: A 9th-tier spell that allows Ainz to remotely grab the heart (or whatever equivalent organ) of an enemy, and crush it, killing them instantly. This even works on dragons and other giant enemies. Despite this, the spell actually achieves its purpose by causing death magically. Furthermore, if the enemy does not instantly die, then the spell activates a strong stun effect. This is said by Ainz to be his favorite spell, and because of the secondary stun effect, it is usually a safe bet to use it first on any enemy that is not obviously immune to instant death.
Seems someone already did

I think the reference might have to do with the fact that many Versus debaters in this site tries to use the "it's not in-character for Ainz to use time stop or other death hax at the beginning of a match, thus he always starts off with Grasp Heart no matter what" argument against Ainz for the umpteenth time

All 3 are warriors, yes their jobs/class grant them higher stats this doesn't transcend levels until probably end game stats (world champion vs 2). Martial arts are what do. I said scaling up from Climb, he is level 15, Infinite mentioned [Building feat], assuming he meant Brain I mentioned Climb who is at-least wall class likely higher (this site's standards). Also the ring I mentioned I was referring to author's statement and not Brain or Gazef, In previous CRT I've already mentioned the ring + [Limit Breaker] brings him up to Mithril (lv 21) which is far from Gazef or Brain.

even though Ainz has practiced using Time Stop in YGGDRASIL to the point he's one of the few players who can Delay a spell by just enough to have activate the instant Time Stop ends. If you practice something that much, I don't know why you wouldn't use when you can. As well as the author himself stating resisting Time Stop and Death magic is the only way to have a fair fight with Ainz, but nope, that's not good enough.

It's not like the only thing supporting Grasp Heart being used first is a throwaway line about how much he likes the spell from a internal monologue from before he fully became Ainz mentally.......

tbf it's a really good spell

Your opponent doesn't resist? Good, they dead

Your opponent resists? Now they're stunned so you can run or do something else

I can see why it's his favorite spell

I mean, I feel like his first move is either going to be Time Stop to see if it works, or some kind of death spell

If Time Stop works, he can use death magic anyway

I think it depends on the circumstance and type of being he's facing. An undead he'll open with an AOE for distance or attack with [Reality Slash] like with that night-lich/Overlord.

No ones denying death hax is one of his first in character moves (as long as he has no reason to think they won't work). Simply that it's not always going to be grasp heart

In the side story he tried to use Time Stop iirc, but of course the enemy resisted

And I think this was an actual legit fight, not some fodder

Certainly, he could have cast [Time Stop]. However, [Time Stop] had been ineffective against the Brightness Dragon Lord which he had fought before, which meant that it was very likely that it would also be useless against the Dragon Lord Cure Elim's original body.

Back