• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I wanna trigger the Overlord and Gunvolt fans now: Ainz Ooal Gown vs Gunvolt

Xmark12

FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
I'm now wide awake and chose violence^2 for my second vsbw post back.

Ainz beat Reinhard, so he probably got a chance here.

Rules:
  • Speed Equalized
  • Ainz (Every gear and item in the Great Tomb of Nazarick allowed; if too much of a stomp, let all Guardians fight alongside him) vs. Gunvolt (GV3; Base/No Moebius; Anthem allowed)
  • Ainz has full knowledge on Gunvolt in this state, along with his personality and fighting style
  • Other than those, Standard Battle Assumptions
Ainz Ooal Gown: 0

Gunvolt: 0

Inconclusive: 0

Ainz_MFTD_cropped.png
Gunvolt_GV3.png

Okay someone tell me what I’m dealing with

GV has High G (it says High End Mid G but really it checks off all the boxes for High G, will fix in a CRT later), so Death Manip no workie, and GV has a lot of Mind Resist Layers

bro i have an idea
you can stop participating in vs threads with Gunvolt in it, that way the threads will start becoming more inactive and die since you're the only active Gunvolt vs supporter rn
My man the joke is that people be throwing me up against the most OP dudes around ever since GV3 came out

It’s oki it comes from the field of work

Alright then...

What in the name of fu...nkoPop did you just throw at Ainz?
Still, given the knowledge Ainz can...waste time with Time Stop and invisibility until he gets 1shot by some random Attack WTF did you expect? (I don't think GV has ways around those, if he does than I'm blind and Ainz is even more dead)

You might want to ask someone else just to be safe but I'm quite sure that the only answer Ainz has vs someone with whatever-godly regen is a World Class Item that Aura has that can seal people away, meaning he'd have to Gate back to her, but I'm pretty sure he has no way to come back then. (And all that having this item would do is allow the stomp to maybe be reversed as funny time stop into sealing jutsu is funny...unless GV has a way to get out that I didn't see)

I would list fear/madness aura as incap. wincons if I could properly remember how they work (time to take effect, what do these statuses mean exactly, does GV resist, etc...) but I'll just say that depending on the answer this is a stomp in one way or the other, either Ainz stops time, walks up to GV (while invisible just to be a prick) and stare-diffs him or GV realizes something is wrong and blasts random directions until he 1shots by accident.

I'm sorry to inform you that GV has exactly 166+ Layers of 4D Sealing Resistance, a passive electrial field that damages everyone who gets close, 4D Passive Electron Intangibility, and can see through quantum stealth cloak invisibility

Wait what's "stare diff"

I'm sorry to inform you that GV has exactly 166+ Layers of 4D Sealing Resistance, a passive electrial field that damages everyone who gets close, 4D Passive Electron Intangibility, and can see through quantum stealth cloak invisibility

Wait what's "stare diff"
Then I'm 99.99% sure this is a monumental stomp and Ainz can't do shit.
Just for the sake of argument though:

How close are we talking with that Electrical field?

Ainz's invis is magic based and erases any trace of his presence, not just his image so GV's sight might not be enough, Idk.

I fail to see why you'd mention intangibility since I assure you that the last thing I'd ever argue for is Ainz attacking GV.

It's a stupid way to say "wins by looking at him", don't bother...as I said that rides on the (feeble) assumption that GV doesn't resist madness/fear hax and Ainz doesn't get incenerated by accident.

By close it'd be around two meters, spherically.

But yeah, this really seems like a mismatch, Ainz has no legitimate wincon while GV can just one shot.

GV is kinda like, too much for Ainz.

Like, High-Godly kind of just beats anything Ainz has, and if GV was in a lower key... I mean bro isn't inhuman and lacks resistance to Death Manipulation sooooooooo

I feel like this is a mismatch regardeless of the answer to this comment but I want to explore every possibilty.
Am I grasping at straws? Likely but prep/knowledge Ainz has a lot of options and it's fun to explore them all, expecially since you made it so that Ainz knows what will/won't work.

I hate myself for asking this but let the record show that I'm nothing if not thorough:

Since I'm an idiot I forgot that Ainz has his Wish Upon a Star ring.
By your rules he knows all about GV and realizes how hopeless this fight is meaning he's going to be willing to use it....so...what's stopping him from going invisible (not a mandatory step, it's here because I don't think that GV seeing through a sight-only invisibilty that is based on his main gimmick is enough to say he can ignore a different, more thorough, invis), stopping time and Yoink-ing that Godly regen for himself? After all, that's basically the only thing we know Wish Upon a Star CAN do and if there's any ability Ainz would be eager to get his hands on it's some BS broken regen.
Did I miss a resistance to reality-warping-and-magic-based power absorption? If I did then fair, if I didn't then it's TS+True Death I guess.

I feel like this is a mismatch regardeless of the answer to this comment but I want to explore every possibilty.
Am I grasping at straws? Likely but prep/knowledge Ainz has a lot of options and it's fun to explore them all, expecially since you made it so that Ainz knows what will/won't work.

I hate myself for asking this but let the record show that I'm nothing if not thorough:

Since I'm an idiot I forgot that Ainz has his Wish Upon a Star ring.
By your rules he knows all about GV and realizes how hopeless this fight is meaning he's going to be willing to use it....so...what's stopping him from going invisible (not a mandatory step, it's here because I don't think that GV seeing through a sight-only invisibilty that is based on his main gimmick is enough to say he can ignore a different, more thorough, invis), stopping time and Yoink-ing that Godly regen for himself? After all, that's basically the only thing we know Wish Upon a Star CAN do and if there's any ability Ainz would be eager to get his hands on it's some BS broken regen.
Did I miss a resistance to reality-warping-and-magic-based power absorption? If I did then fair, if I didn't then it's TS+True Death I guess.
The fact Ainz can't cast WOaS under time stop.

Plus, takes too long and Gunvolt could easily spot the MASSIVE magic circle and hear Ainz speaking

GV has dealt was the types of moves where if u take too long to respond u instantly die, so while it is a possibility, GV would instantly get on that. He also has ESP to sense other Adepts and he can even see souls

If he really can't see then he does have a screen clear move which he uses as soon as the fight begins when being unsealed from his Radiant Fetters seal.

He does have a 4D Power Absorption resistance but it's via tech (the other Power Absorption is via Septima but he uh... didn't resist that). So I'm not sure how it would work

There is also Greed Snatcher which is a 4D Power Absorb too which is Septima based, which GV prevades in this case, but it's currently not on the page right now (I'm having a big 3 part CRT soon so all of these GV matches I'm getting are some really bad timing)

The fact Ainz can't cast WOaS under time stop.

Plus, takes too long and Gunvolt could easily spot the MASSIVE magic circle and hear Ainz speaking
Well he has (and WILL use here) his "super tier spell is instant" sticks and TS was meant as a safety button, I know he can't affect others in his TS
GV has dealt was the types of moves where if u take too long to respond u instantly die, so while it is a possibility, GV would instantly get on that. He also has ESP to sense other Adepts and he can even see souls

If he really can't see then he does have a screen clear move which he uses as soon as the fight begins when being unsealed from his Radiant Fetters seal.

He does have a 4D Power Absorption resistance but it's via tech (the other Power Absorption is via Septima but he uh... didn't resist that). So I'm not sure how it would work

There is also Greed Snatcher which is a 4D Power Absorb too which is Septima based, which GV prevades in this case, but it's currently not on the page right now (I'm having a big 3 part CRT soon so all of these GV matches I'm getting are some really bad timing)
If he resists absorption then there's your stomp, not much more to say.
Idk about the rest of his senses I was just saying that the example before was unlikely to be enough, what you listed now should be enough to at least sense something I think.
Still invis was a side point, Ainz would have been coming out of the TS and insta-casting absorption if it worked, invis was for added safety (for what it's worth Greed Snatcher is legit the 1 thing I remember seeing in his profile and that's listed as Powernull iIrc)

Ainz also needs to say OUT LOUD what his wish is.
I know...but Gunvolt has to find him, realize this 1 short sentence can instantly end the fight and blast Ainz (admittedly, for the last part, any attack would do) b4 he's done wishing, otherwise the regen kicks in.
Personally I'd say Ainz talks faster than this happens but if GV also resists absorption (which looks like he does, even though Greed snatcher IS listed as powernull I trust the other message...I assume you only need to resist 1 between Absorption or reality warping to stop WUaS power stealing) than Ainz really has no options.

Personally I'd say Ainz talks faster than this happens but if GV also resists absorption (which looks like he does, even though Greed snatcher IS listed as powernull I trust the other message...I assume you only need to resist 1 between Absorption or reality warping to stop WUaS power stealing) than Ainz really has no options.
I actually do have a scan for this, and GS is a 4D ability as it nullifies Moebius’s Astral Order which is basically Yhwach’s Almighty

“It’s a bullet that absorbs all kinds of Septima and spreads them, the Special Super Magnetic Bullet “Greedy Usurper (Greed Snatcher)”.

The already fired energy spheroid erases the Flesh Eater as it advances aiming for Asimov”
Flesh Eater is another Septima ability made out of energy particles FYI

I actually do have a scan for this, and GS is a 4D ability as it nullifies Moebius’s Astral Order which is basically Yhwach’s Almighty

Flesh Eater is another Septima ability made out of energy particles FYI
I'm probably missing something (likely what the hell this Septima is) but I fail to see how that's absorption and not Powernull. I trust you but I'd also like to understand lol.
Just to be clear, I can see the word "absorbs" but the way this reads to me (I'm probably wrong) is that abilities in this verse are made of/use this Septima thing and this Greed Snatcher nullifies them by disrupting this Septima (attracting and then harmlessly dispersing it) , a.k.a. Powernull.
On top of that I legit don't know what the wiki standards are for this, Ainz's WUaS is magic-based reality warping that he can use to steal powers (it can do other stuff but this is basically the only thing we know for sure) ...do you need to resist reality warping or absorption? Is 1 of the 2 enough? Do the mechanics (magic vs tech/whatever Septima is) matter here?

Still I feel like this might be pointless...this is a mismatch either way I'm afraid since both me and Reaper got our info wrong:
As seen/stated in his duel with Gigachad-Gazef, Ainz can (and will, given the rules of this thread) absolutely use the WUaS ring during time stop and (as seen when he tried to use it on Shalltear) the ring specifically cuts the "prep" time that WUaS usually has to 0, so he just needs to time the end of his sentence/wish to the end of the time stop (something he's stupidly good at, to the point that he can casually do it while having a conversation with his guardians during an extended Time Stop) and it's a Grasp Heart GG....unless GV resists it and Ainz has a grand total of 0 options to even think to put up a fight.

I'm probably missing something (likely what the hell this Septima is) but I fail to see how that's absorption and not Powernull. I trust you but I'd also like to understand lol.
Just to be clear, I can see the word "absorbs" but the way this reads to me (I'm probably wrong) is that abilities in this verse are made of/use this Septima thing and this Greed Snatcher nullifies them by disrupting this Septima (attracting and then harmlessly dispersing it) , a.k.a. Powernull.
That's... a fair point actually. There's other things that do this like the Glaives and Radiant Fetters that also power absorb, but you can still counter that with what you said below
On top of that I legit don't know what the wiki standards are for this, Ainz's WUaS is magic-based reality warping that he can use to steal powers (it can do other stuff but this is basically the only thing we know for sure) ...do you need to resist reality warping or absorption? Is 1 of the 2 enough? Do the mechanics (magic vs tech/whatever Septima is) matter here?
I'm not sure myself, however I do know that GV has some kind of resistance against Reality Warping from dealing with Zonda's Paradise Lost (no layers though, I'll look into if it's 4D or not but it's likely not)
Still I feel like this might be pointless...this is a mismatch either way I'm afraid since both me and Reaper got our info wrong:
As seen/stated in his duel with Gigachad-Gazef, Ainz can (and will, given the rules of this thread) absolutely use the WUaS ring during time stop and (as seen when he tried to use it on Shalltear) the ring specifically cuts the "prep" time that WUaS usually has to 0, so he just needs to time the end of his sentence/wish to the end of the time stop (something he's stupidly good at, to the point that he can casually do it while having a conversation with his guardians during an extended Time Stop) and it's a Grasp Heart GG....unless GV resists it and Ainz has a grand total of 0 options to even think to put up a fight.
Balls idk man it really could just be a stomp no matter whose in the lead huh

IIRC the Septima stuff is simply a combination of genetics (aka, biological physiology) and willpower, so I don't think it's compatible with magic stuff per-say.

Back