• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Mk.V

B3KVMD9
This was obvious but beings with level, or in other words non-inanimate have durability that scales to their level (race is also a factor). This also applies to summoned beings that have levels and stats but seemingly no jobs/classes, I should also mention that summoned beings gain a portion of their summoner's knowledge + thoughts so that they can immediately take action.
I'm mentioning this because I remembered author stating that levelling raises defensive power (durability) and what type of tool/magic is used as well as the level difference decides the amount of damage inflicted. Which brings me to this , the mud elementals have their own set durability based on their level and stats, so they don't conform to mud pulverization value in this case (not saying this should be changed). Get ready for BS power levelling in the coming volumes.

That is good and all... But that doesn't change the fact tyat nothing can be done about it because we would need to assume durability on literally nothing but speculation.

This is not even uncommon, we assume materials that are for sure weaker many many times because, quite simply, you aren't gonna do calcs that are as accurate as possible the moment you gotta rely and try and use approximations fundamented on nothing.

Of-course not, but the calc is under that assumption as well as heating the air to the same temperature of vaporizing iron (Shalltear in this case has armor made out of iron?), well if use the anime her armor did vaporize. It also ignores how Fallen Down works. But we don't have anything else to use.

it's not about how Fallen Down works, it's just that Shalltear's armor is more durable than she is

Holy and light burns the undead, even bones cook. It's not a flame type spell, it's a light spell that also generates heat. Fire deals x2 damage to undead and light is also their weakness which is why it's a spell that 'grievously' damages the undead. Yes, her armor is more durable than she is but what can even be done now?

Actually she summons her gear with a skill and instantly wears it, that reminds me, her gear's arm was destroyed and there was no mention of anyone fixing that or Ainz spending data crystals or Pandora switching to some blacksmith class to fix it.

Adventurer's Guild Ranking to IRL vaporization value:
Copper - 2575┬░C
Iro - 2870┬░C
Silver - 2212┬░C
Gold - 2800┬░C
Platinum - 3825┬░C
Mythril -fictional metal
Orichalum - myth
Adamantite - fictional metal

The difference between Iron and Shalltear's gear is like a twig and a tank. But it'll be chaos, for example if you switch out calc temperature for an estimated 50k celcius you end up with 6-B Country level

Just because there was no mention doesn't mean it didn't happen, which is usually the case for very small instances like that

I have doubts there isn't a blacksmith NPC in Nazarick

"...My apologies. It's a lie, of course. What is false is true and what is true is false. Magic-sealing crystals seem to be rare items, so nobody should be able to test that. Albedo, put a few scratches on the item Nigun was using. Then, we'll need to have the blacksmith build some damaged armor and put some scorch marks on it, so it looks like it went through an intense battle."

Just found this, they have a blacksmith

Thanks, assuming it got vaporized calc is wrong. Assuming it never did and got repaired by the chief blacksmith then calc is still wrong.

Control Weather or whatever it's called either almost or fully covers the sky in rain clouds, which from the storm calc page is Small City Level, so there's still that for a supporting feat if people try to question the Lake Freeze

Well we know the metal above adamantite literally can't be worked with dwarven smithy's and considering they can seemly work anything up to adamantite its pretty safe to assume the melting point is above platinum.

Ainz describes this metal as a trash teir item, and worthless for a character of his level considering shalltears gear is considered to be on par with other level one hundred gear it is made of a material far stronger and far harder to work then the chunck of metal dwarven smiths couldn't work. So the calc is an aweful low ball that for some reason assumes shalltear is using iron armor. Saying that I saw no notes of it being disintergrated in the light novel thus Im unsure of the legitmacy of such a calc.

Edit I understand needing to low ball due to lacking a melting point for magical metals but assuming its iron is disengous, it would have been best to calc it with platiunum seeing as thats the strongest realworld metal they use and everything higher seems to require higher tempertures based on the metal ainz gave the dwarves.

Again Im not sure of the applicablitity of such a calc due to it not beeing mentioned in the source material but the calc itself seems flawed.

Shalltear's armor was not vaporized in the LN, only she was and they had to collect her equipment

Regardless we have a Small City feat at a much lower level anyway, so it doesn't matter

Aside from that there is also the mud calc I've mentioned before. It essentially renders druid powers useless and summons. Wanna summon vines and trap your opponent? I recommend using your own hands and making your own rope rather than using [Twine Plant]. Want your fire elemental not to die? Don't fire someone with a fire extinguisher.

it ignores HP and defensive values. If you were to change the mud to water of that volume [water elemental] and Iguva needed to fireballs to vaporize/pulverize it...oh boy, then it would be a question of whether to downgrade Cure Elim who gnawed at the throat of a water elemental. Would it be awkward to see Ainz being unable to one shot a level 87+ elemental while his friend one shots 4 (world disaster Ulbert).

Point is, they aren't summoning water, fire, mud or even wind of that volume/size to fight for them, they're summoning beings with their own stats. RIP Mare's abilities, any nature he uses to trap a guardian or Ainz is useless, twigs can't hold bones and a single fireball would turn his forest advantage into hell seeing as what he is using is vines and probably even water/mud summons.

Meh, I just thought I should point this out before somebody else? Well the Fallen Down calc is flawed, since her armor didn't vaporize.

Shouldn't trolls have mid regen as destroying their brains/large chunks of their bodies doesn't seem to effect their regen? Heck lupusregina beta turned one into a pile of mince meat and it didn't stop healing until she burned it.Ainz also mentioned how turning them in to mince meat would simply leave them regenerating.

Ive got a couple, a few come from the giant of the east

In the light novels it is mentioned in volume eight

Instance of brian damage "Before Ainz was a head that was half the thickness from before. Normal creatures would have died instantly, but the giant's head was slowly recovering."

Lupus charitablly describes the troll she beat as looking like hamburger and the description claims there was no way to tell the pile of meat and bones was originally a troll. "A mass of blood-spattered meat shifted and twitched under the bloodied head of Lupus' crozier. There was nothing about the pile of broken flesh that suggested that it had once been a troll. However, what made it disgusting was the fact that it was still regenerating, and still breathing"

In the anime adaptions at moment seventeen of episode 4 season three, in the eng sub he states he could mince him and hed still heal, in the english dub he states he could dice into tiny peices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KswN6LBO5Ys skip to seventeen....

if that last one is anime only then i'm not sure it's good enough

not sure how we treat such statements though

I mean even without that we have half a skull being crushed and a troll healing from being turned into an unrecognizable pile of flesh. Considering regening from severe brain damage is considered mid I dont see the problem

And? I wasn't suggesting high mid as we havent seen what happens when trolls are turned into small peices/scattered and basing such a rating on an anime only statement would be disengenous. I was simply mentioning the statements to show such a level of regen fit the narrative/doesn't conflict. As it is they were rate at mid low which doesn't cover their ability to heal severe brain damage. Thus I thought they should be shifted to mid

If gin is physicaly superior to ainz why doesn't he have "likely higher"?

Ainz evaluated himself as level 33 before the fight and nothing changed after. Buser should be higher than both or on par, Riyuro would be highest at level 38 but Buser has a chance at defeating him.

Ainz sacrificed Victim to cast some sort of extremely powerful protection spell over Nazarick after the Shalltear incident, so there's that too. Also, he makes floor guardians take a squad of level 80+ minions and a world item whenever they leave the tomb, implying that they are safe in the tomb.

Not sure about Victim part but they are protected within Nazarick and both divination and teleportation blocking are from Nazarick's defense system you can access from the administration system.

I found another justification for wci offering general resistance, ainz talks about one of his offesive anti scrying spells and mentions the gardians would be immune to the effects of the spell (which is teired magic) due to he denizens being protected by the world class item protecting nazerick. Not only does this show the world class item defends the tomb it also shows its effective against effects of teired magic...

''deployed the linked offensive spell barrier, as he had used to in the past, any member of Nazarick trying to cast a divination on Ainz would be very badly hurt. While he used to cast that spell all the time because friendly fire was off, doing so now would be dangerous. Of course, the denizens of Nazarick would not be hurt by the offensive barrier, given that they were protected by a World Class Item,

Really? fair enough I wasn't thinking of the offensive barier as a part of divination magic as it simply harmed whoever was trying to scry another person. Saying that it means if you have the defensive world class item you can literally attempt to scry anyone free of any real risk. Which is as many things in yggdrasil broken...

Back