• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Mk.V

From how it's described the WCI's effect is protecting from Divination and spells related to it, therefor it would protect against an anti-divination spell like Ainz's

so still OP

Fair with time manip resistance, and yeah we haven't seen much outside of timestop and shalltears self effecting time accleration reversal. We know overlord chronomancers have quite a few time related abilities but we have yet to see/have them explained... Like much of overlord! :p

So it is protected by a wci linked to the guild system, the counterattack doesn't seem that powerful since in the next room he can wipe out 12 level 100 players with just lamps.

[Normally, Ainz would have many defensive spells layered on himself. The anti-divination countermeasure he used in Carne Village was one of them.

In YGGDRASIL, friendly fire was disabled, so his friends could cast divinations on Ainz as normal. However, things were different in this world. If Albedo and the others wanted to observe Ainz, Ainz would automatically respond with a magical counterattack.

If that happened, the counterattack would clash with Nazarick's defensive network. If he was not careful, Ainz might be hit by the network's own counterattack and take unnecessary damage.
] Volume 3 Chapter 5

The latter part of the quote:

[but the defense would incur a cost in gold coins. If things went badly, expenses like that would be more painful for him.]

Also Ainz can't teleport into the throne room even with the ring, which sets up a last boss type of feel. Stats boosted by the throne too waiting for the hero to go through floors.

[He could not directly teleport into the Throne Room, so he used the Ring's power to send him to the room (the Lemegeton) which directly adjoined the Throne Room.] - Volume 3 Chapter 3

Also Ainz is able to harm Shalltear with spells from Tier 2 and above, so would this not mean they tanked a 7-B attack, going by Nuclear Blast?

Unless you suggest Ainz was holding back

It's based off the caster's strength

It's not like Ainz's, where it just negs regardless of strength

It is specifically a feat for Ainz's strength as a magic caster that he can harm her with as low as Tier 2

I mean

Consider the fact that he got buffed to hell and back before fighting Shalltear, which I don't remember being the case for the Pleiades, so already there is a massive difference.

Like, LN and WN ain't the same but we got an idea how much Brain's small buffs did in the WN. Then there's the big difference a new worlder can make with the right Martial Arts, and the best of Ainz's buffs are obviously gonna be much better.

"Even a 10th tier spell by a weak magic caster would not be able to breach her resistance, but against a powerful magic caster — like Ainz — 1st-tier spells were the limit."

Pretty sure this means Ainz in general, not only when buffed

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
I mean
Consider the fact that he got buffed to hell and back before fighting Shalltear, which I don't remember being the case for the Pleiades, so already there is a massive difference.

Like, LN and WN ain't the same but we got an idea how much Brain's small buffs did in the WN. Then there's the big difference a new worlder can make with the right Martial Arts, and the best of Ainz's buffs are obviously gonna be much better.
Doppel Pleiades were buffed by Oureole, a lvl 100 Commander class, meant for buffing. So i'm not sure on your standing, but I don't think we can scale Pleiades to Nulcear Blast

That's not my point, my point has nothing to do with that. There's no reason to believe all of Ainz's attacks are 7-B just because they can breach Shalltear's defense. We can't presume the Maids blocked a 7-B attack when:

1- The Ainz that was hurting Shalltear with his strongest spells was buffed as hell.

2- Being able to hurt her and hurting her significantly are different things. Gazef can also hurt Ainz with Razor Edge (totally different reason why he overcomes the resistance but that's not the point) but I doubt you'd think the damage he deals is anything but minuscule.

I never said Pleiades tanked a 7-B attack, I was asking if that was what he was going for

I disagree with scaling to Nuclear Blast, even if not buffed, it's still a 9th Tier spell

Also pretty sure they can hold back the power on spells

I thought what he did was simply turning off most of his AoE passive frost damage off.

I should check that part again. Still, I personally draw a difference between spells and skills.

The ability of the class 'Knight of Niflheim'— 'Frost Aura'. This special ability used extreme cold to deal damage and slightly lowered the speed of adversaries. At full power, it would even affect the lizardmen watching from the sidelines. Cocytus didn't wish for that.
Suppress his power.
Limit the range, lower the damage.
"About this much…"
With Cocytus as the center, the extreme cold covered a radius of 25m.

Ainz only did significant damage to Shalltear with his low tier magic arrow spell because he modified the spell with Boosted Magic.

that's not the point, just that he can damage her with Tier 2 and above, not that it would be significant

FDrybob said:
Ainz only did significant damage to Shalltear with his low tier magic arrow spell because he modified the spell with Boosted Magic.
Also Magic Arrow is Tier 1, so he actually needed to buff it to a higher Tier in order to damage her

1. Ainz boosted the 1st tier spell [Magic Arrows] to be equivalent to 10th tier, he used a skill to do so

2. doppelgangers were all weaker than the pleiades, immune to all the effects of nuclear blast because of their gear and survived a [maximized magic] version of nuclear blast

3. Their gear is no joke, even the highest level Narberal can't stomp the rest

Q: Maruyama, sorry for bothering you again. Yesterday on reddit people were discussing which of the 6 original Pleiades was stronger and would win 1v1 against the other, Lupusregina or Narberal. Could you clarify that for us, please?

A: Range, circumstances, preparations. They differ according to these, which one is the best is difficult. However, in your Overlord your strongest is the best.

https://twitter.com/aLWoLFz/status/982265041608036353

Also pleiades' lifting strength is only Athletic Human. I doesn't make any scence because CZ (who is likely physicaly the weakest of them) can tear appart a lagre metal chain.

Muchacho mrm said:
2. doppelgangers were all weaker than the pleiades, immune to all the effects of nuclear blast because of their gear and survived a [maximized magic] version of nuclear blast
They were actually stronger due to Oureole's buffing

"I understand that you're loyal to the Sorcerer King. But why are you here? Is it because of your chains?"

"...It's not like that."

The maid demon began to exert her strength, and the thick chains emitted a distasteful creaking sound.

"Stop that!"

As Remedios shouted in time with a wave of killing intent, the sound stopped.

"...Even I could break ordinary unenchanted chains."

That seems like Class 10 to me

She's a Doppelganger, so not only is she weaker than the original, but her HP isn't the same as the original Lupusregina's. Alright, now that I've taken out the enemy's magic caster, it's time to be a real bastard. 'ÒÇî'Perfect Unknowable'ÒÇì'.

Aureole Omega was the lastborn of the Pleiades Seven Sisters. She was an Area Guardian of the 8th Floor and a level 100 NPC specialized in commandertype classes. As a commander, she could issue orders which buffed her allies. CZ must have been able to beat their level difference thanks to that.

Rambles on with little information he has.

Aureole Omega was the lastborn of the Pleiades Seven Sisters. She was an Area Guardian of the 8th Floor and a level 100 NPC specialized in commander-type classes. As a commander, she could issue orders which buffed her allies. CZ must have been able to beat their level difference thanks to that.

While he had no idea what kind of special ability Aureole had used, if one looked at party roles such as physical attacker, magical attacker, healer and so on, then she would be a wild card ― an all-rounder. It was hardly strange that she would be able to do anything.

What exactly could Punitto Moe-san do?

Ainz never went head-to-head with his opponents during PVP so Ainz had little experience in dealing with commander-type opponents.

She could not have left the 8th Floor and come here without my permission. That would mean that she must have buffed the Doppelgangers before they came here. That would mean she probably didn't buff them too carefully — or no, is there a Doppelganger of Aureole here?

―No. There was no time to think about such pointless things. Only one thing mattered. Could they completely shut down Ainz's spellcasting, and could they keep it up forever?

There were two kinds of special abilities in YGGDRASIL. One kind had a cooldown period after use. The other had a limited period of uses within a certain period. There were also combinations of the two.

In general, the more powerful the ability, the longer the cooldown or the fewer times it could be used. Ainz's trump card ― ÒÇîThe Goal Of All Life Is DeathÒÇì ― which could only be used once every 100 hours was just such an ability.

In that case, which type did CZ's ability to interrupt Ainz's spellcasting belong to?

That move just now was very handy, but it did not seem to have a long cooldown time. That would mean it was the use-limited type. However, he could not tell how long it would take for her to recover her uses. All he could do was hope that she could not recover them during the course of the battle after they were depleted.

Though I think I ought to save my tenth tier spells for when they've been depleted...

Ainz quickly verified the positions of the Pleiades and the Evil Lord. The Evil Lord was in front of him. Yuri was behind him ― and preparing to slug Ainz. While her ki-enhanced attacks could even shatter steel, they were of little concern in the face of Ainz's levels. After reconfirming that the Evil Lord was the real danger, he turned his attention to the others.

Also I thought it was obvious that CZ was never a doppelganger? The one captured and active throughout the chapters is the real CZ

All the points of data made a beautiful line. CZ was attacking now. It was not just Yuri and Lupusregina who were present. CZ was also on the battlefield. In all likelihood, Solution and Entoma were here too. All the Doppel-Pleiades were present in the city. No, no, I need to calm down. Doppel-CZ was just lucky. It was easy enough for me to resist that because of the level difference between us. She won't be so lucky ― well, unlucky for me ― next time.

Back