• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Mk.II

Apeironaxim said:
Isn't that only with True Death though?
Yeah. Otherwise as long as the regen can restart bodily functions after they all simultaneously fail, it would bring them back.

A stomp is a match where one character has absolutely no chance of winning. Depending on how often Wiz uses her magic nullification and status effects, it could very well be a stomp in her favor.

Ainz's raw power spells can't get past her regen

And the problem with Time Stop + TGOALID is how each operates

In Time Stop no one can do anything to each other, which is why they have to cast Delay Magic to delay the activation of any given spell so it activates right as Time Stop ends

With the TGOALID, it only starts counting down when an instant death spell is activated

Which means if Ainz used Time Stop + TGOALID it would go like this:

Time Stop - TGOALID - Delay Magic True Death - Time Stop ends, True Death hits Wiz, TGOALID starts counting down - Wiz sees an ominous clock counting down behind her opponent and power nulls

For Pandora's Actor, why does he have Type 5 Immortality listed in it? I don't think Doppelgangers are supposed to be that unkillable.

Edit: Also, can we please replace the apostrophe in the title of PA's page from the ' to '? It's quite inconvenient for me to use that certain apostrophe when most of the other pages I see uses the latter more than the former.

It had to have been from one of the supreme beings.

I'll rename the page.

According to Maruyama, Pandora's Actor cannot copy the World Champion's official cheat ability.

According to this, which is from the wiki, shouldn't PA have World Break removed from his profile?

Ok so this came up.

Shouldn't Ainz have Soul Manipulation resistance on his profile?

Soul Eaters are mobs that destroy souls and apparently never worked on level 100 players because of natural resistances they gained at that level. Ainz also persumably has resisted its effect as its an aura based ability and Ainz has been near them multiple times before, obviously summoning them all the time in the books.

Can we make this change now if there are no people who disagree?

Also touch me's "likely soul manip resistance" should just be a certainty.

Otherwise Demiurge has a chance at just one shotting Ainz and Touch Me with Hellfire. Which just....seems very wrong.

Apeironaxim said:
According to Maruyama, Pandora's Actor cannot copy the World Champion's official cheat ability.
According to this, which is from the wiki, shouldn't PA have World Break removed from his profile?
^

Apeironaxim said:
Apeironaxim said:
According to Maruyama, Pandora's Actor cannot copy the World Champion's official cheat ability.According to this, which is from the wiki, shouldn't PA have World Break removed from his profile?
^
Yes, I don't think PA can copy TGOALID either. Special Class skills are not able to be copied by doppelgangers.

Also please give input on the CRT I made here.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2404128#3

DeathNoodles said:
For Pandora's Actor, why does he have Type 5 Immortality listed in it? I don't think Doppelgangers are supposed to be that unkillable.

Edit: Also, can we please replace the apostrophe in the title of PA's page from the ' to '? It's quite inconvenient for me to use that certain apostrophe when most of the other pages I see uses the latter more than the former.

DeathNoodles said:
DeathNoodles said:

I have no idea, it could just be something I personally don't know though. I would love to know whats thats from.

In the Arcadia comments. In the Web Novel Touch Me could take several level 100s at once, but he got a downgrade in the Light Novel.

Arcadia:

Touch Me is on a completely different level. He's a cheat the work of some
devil. No matter what he is a rich person with a beautiful home, outstanding
reflexes, and is married to a beautiful childhood friend with a daughter.
Furthermore, he works for the government. Ah, by the way he is i
the top three strongest player in YGGDRASIL. He's powerful enough to go
roughly against all the Floor Guardians and win. Pandora's Actor cannot
copy the official cheat ability of World Champion.

Web Novel chapter 60:

World Champion:

ÒÇÇA class that one needs to clear special conditions to use. The strongest warrior class in Yggdrasil, an official cheat. There are nine World Champions, one for each world (Asgard, Alfheim, Vanaheim, Nioavellir, Midgard, Jotunheim, Niflheim, Helheim and Muspelheim)

ÒÇÇThey could defend themselves absolutely with Dimensional Gap, and could deal massive damage with Dimensional Slash. (TL: Points to those who get this meme. Hint: Genji and Spidercrabs) It was a class that also had the feature to be slightly stronger when in their world.

ÒÇÇThis class has extremely high fighting ability, against the upper high players they can take on three, the upper middle players, four, upper low, five….And so on. However it is unclear who would win if they are up against someone with a trump card or a World Item.

Now Maruyama said this on a tweet:

Q:
Come to think of it Maruyama-san, Rubedo is the strongest in Nazarick, is
she stronger than Touch-Me?
A:
WN Touch Me and LN Touch Me differ in strength, the book version having
been weakened. As one would expect I guess he can beat 4 people of the
same level in the MMO... I'm not sure if it is possible if it is the latter.

Like, Ainz has a ring that revives him, which I assume a lot of other players had as well, so would they resist it?

Would make sense why it seems like he rarely used it in the game

The effect strengthened by this skill would kill even an opponent with an ability that made them immune to instant death, once a certain time elapsed.

The way to avoid it was, as Shalltear had done, to use some kind of resurrection effect on oneself within the twelve-second time limit.

When Shalltear died when Ainz used Fallen Down, and she was revived later, she didn't remember anything, as when she died the effects of the World Item wore off

Yet if she died to TGOALID as you believe, why would she still be under the effects of the World Item?

Unless you can prove to me that using a resurrection item interacts differently with a World Item's effects then other means of resurrection, then it seems like using a resurrection item during the 12 second countdown allows you to resist TGOALID

Can you prove that Downfall of Castle and Country still retains its effects when its target uses a resurrection item, but doesn't retain its effects when resurrecting through other means?

Also just found this,

This was their first resurrection since coming to this world

This is when Shalltear is revived in Nazarick

It was possible that there were penalties for NPC resurrection like there were for players. This was their first resurrection since coming to this world, so he wasn't sure.

Again, this is when Shalltear is revived in Nazarick, and the penalties Ainz is talking about is loss of levels

He's clearly talking about Nazarick as a whole, and he's doing it with currency rather then with items. We shouldn't check the actual fight again though.

ExodusNexus said:
He's clearly talking about Nazarick as a whole, and he's doing it with currency rather then with items. We shouldn't check the actual fight again though.
Again, can you prove the currency resurrection gets rid of effects while item resurrection doesn't?

Why shouldn't we check the fight?

This was their first resurrection since coming to this world

Again, this part is the focus. This is the first time an NPC has resurrected since coming to New World, which wouldn't be true if Shalltear resurrected during their fight

Back