• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Mk.II

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
I don't see why not, but it's entirely possible she resisted due to level/power difference.
Would resistance to abilities count in this site if the Overlord characters resisted abilities from other characters through sheer level/power difference alone?

DeathNoodles said:
Would resistance to abilities count in this site if the Overlord characters resisted abilities from other characters through sheer level/power difference alone?
Doesn't it count for Dragon Ball character pages? If it counts there then it probably counts here as well.

However, that's not quite how it works here. As I have stated before, levels alone don't grant hax resistances in Overlord, it was just widely known in YGGDRASIL that you need to aquire certain resistances before you reach the levels when those hax become more common (like when Ainz mockingly warned the workers they'd need time stop resistance by level 70).

It's more or less speculation in my part, as I wonder if magical defense may be able to affect more than just the damage of spells if the spell does more than damage.

Regardless, she has shown the resistance so it's applicable.

Anyways, should I just add Death Manipulation as one of Ainz's resistance in his profile? I'm pretty sure other users (especially those not knowledgeable about Overlord) could mistaken the lack of resistance to Death Manipulation as him actually being vulnerable to it, and I'm pretty sure resistance to Necromancy isn't specific enough to cover this.

It would be a really sad, if funny and ironic, day if someone reflected Ainz' Grasp Heart on him and killed him that way.

@DeathNoodles.

Destroying the Spear Gungnir, undoing a Phase Shift, being the reference point of the universe... no, Imagine Breaker is not a Possibly Low 2-C.

And again, I would rather people actually check the thread, the assumptions weren't out of thin air as people that actually read the novels commented that Ainz' paranoia is vastly exaggerated to say he pulls things like Time Stop on the first moment no matter what. Especially on a normal, scrawny teenage human that doesn't even have a weapon on him.

I consider it as possibly due to Touma's profile considering it as such. I'm considering that tier based on what his profile says it is.

By that logic, Ainz would not especially use Time Stop against the workers or Gazef because they are scrawny humans compared to him (they might as well be, since he physically crushed Clementine, one of the strongest humans in the New World, with ease). Either way, I don't really care much about Ainz's loss, and care more so for how he lost. Especially with such a small starting distance gap.

It's more of a simple safe bet because the only one at that level was Othinus, but the whole point is that phases could be deleted only with it and Gungnir was directly destroyed by it.

Except he could just as easily have used Teleportation, he was playing the all powerful overlord persona. And Gazef's battle had circumstances and was almost a mercy kill. It would be pretty much negating any other instance he didn't use Time Stop, even if those had their circumstances as well. Ainz could also teleport at that distance. lack of knowledge is what dooms him even if the distance was larger.

Yobo, 2 things.

I asked earlier, you think Doppelgangers have organs?

And we should make a new thread soon, we are getting close to the limit.

And I mean, no human has ever appeared much stronger than lvl 30 before Ainz. I see nothing latter on that his paranoia of everything is the same as at the start.

About backstory in combat and similar things. It's really important in character driven matches like with every Ainz match.

Yobobojojo said:
About backstory in combat and similar things. It's really important in character driven matches like with every Ainz match.
You mean the backstory of Ainz, back when he was still in YGGDRASIL? Back when he was fighting Players that are possibly on par, or even greater, than him?

I mean in SBA. Is causality shattered in space and time so they just appear next to each other. How do the individuals know that they are in a fight? Things like that are actually more important then they seem in character based matches.

Though maybe I'm overthinking it

Unless I am being forgetful, the characters are always battle ready and not confused by the nature of their sudden warp in for a battle. I feel there were other things being said in the SBA page about that sort of thing.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
I don't see why not, but it's entirely possible she resisted due to level/power difference.
You mean with Entoma and Evileye? Evileye is supposed to be stronger, or at least on par with Entoma

Since when was that a thing? Evileye needed to abuse a singular spell and a lot of pots to wear her down. Their level is similar, if Entoma doesn't outright have her beat by a few levels, and has Tomb of Nazarick gear.

Back