• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Mk.II

If Demiurge ever gets a match, Hellfire Mantle is gonna be pretty versatile

1. Seems to create a strong shockwave capable of nullifying one of Ainz's attacks

2. Coats him in flames

3. Can spread Hellfire by contact

Apeironaxim said:
What do you like about Albedo?

So many people love her, and I just don't see it
I dont like her. The only thing that makes her interesting for me is the fact that she is in love with "momonga" and misses that name. She is thr only one who still references Ainz's old name.

"Albedo, in particular, raises a particularly interesting moral question. While it is true that Momonga changed her to love him and thus doesn't want to abuse that and accept her love, is refusing her the morally correct thing to do?"

And what about Shalltear who loves Momonga because she is programmed for necrophilia?

Dargoo Faust said:
Huh. Nevermind.
I'm reading the LN right now so I'll tell ya if it's different.

Also, when I catch up to the end expect a profile for Evil Lord Wrath/Faux Jaldabaoth.
Hellfire Wall is just a 7th tier spell, someone like Ainz and the guardians should be capable of resisting it.

Actually, I'm pretty sure Demiurge mentioned how he cast the spell with Evileye's powers in mind and wasn't trying to outright kill them.

If that's the case I hardly think it would take out Ainz.

Hmm, Isn't Ainz' description wrong? If I remember correctly, he doesn't possess 11 of the twenty world items, only 2 of them. Also there's some parts that don't make sense like guild members not doing anything, as well as some typos.

Gotta wonder how the soul damage aspect of things like Hellfire was handled in game

Was it just another form of damage?

Or was it just a lore aspect that couldn't be properly represented in a game?

So many questions, so little answers

When you jump several orders of magnitude in power from level 50 to 100, I'm pretty sure new players were just getting greifed left and the right.

Heck, that's almost what happened to Ainz before Touch Me helped him.

Apeironaxim said:
Gotta wonder how the soul damage aspect of things like Hellfire was handled in game
Was it just another form of damage?

Or was it just a lore aspect that couldn't be properly represented in a game?

So many questions, so little answers
I'd just say its flavor text from the game come to life.

If anyone watches/watched Log Horizon, you'll know exactly what I mean.

Dargoo Faust said:
When you jump several orders of magnitude in power from level 50 to 100, I'm pretty sure new players were just getting greifed left and the right.
Heck, that's almost what happened to Ainz before Touch Me helped him.
I mean, according to Ainz it was pretty easy to level up

I've never played an MMO but I would assume the difference between a level 50 and 100 should be huge, if you consider the the difference in strength isn't just from stat gains by levels, but also end game gear, perks, and skills/spells

But Ainz mentioned that it even most level 100s would only have 1 or 2 pieces of divine gear (compared to the 41 who were completely decked out in Divine-class shit). So high level gear was pretty hard to come by even when you are max level. Grinding levels is also pretty hard since rather than drop a certain amount of XP everytime, Yggdrasil mobs drop XP in relation to the Players level and if they were a certain level above the mob nothing would drop.

The devs pretty much forced Players to keep going after tougher stuff than they were likely able to handle, didn't drop decent gear and allowed the higher level guys to grief because "why not"? I'm surprised Yggdrasil lasted as long as it did tbh, considering WCI are just bullshit and they even gave World Champions official cheats and (basically) extra class levels at no cost to the Champion.

"Since these guys are so much more awesome than the scrubs, let's give them even more advantages over the scrubs."

- Some dev on the topic of rewarding the World Champions.

Also it's a downright hilarious notion that a popular game would have its best guild having literally ANYONE but the biggest min-maxers. The idea that a role-player like Ainz with his inefficient build would be a part of a top tier guild is just laughable.

Assaltwaffle said:
Also it's a downright hilarious notion that a popular game would have its best guild having literally ANYONE but the biggest min-maxers. The idea that a role-player like Ainz with his inefficient build would be a part of a top tier guild is just laughable.
Eh, he had this skill that let him learn unlimited spells and that gave him an edge in versatility in PvP. He also had an unique class in Eclipse.

ExodusNexus said:
Ainz Ooal Gown isn't the best guild if I remember, they just have the best base.
Iirc at their prime they were top 3 or something iirc.

Also Ainz said he was very good at managing stuff and that was his role most of the time in the guild.

No the guild had 13 of them, and lost 2, they were Caloric stone and Atlas. The guild had 2 of the twenty, the most powerful world items. The other 9 world items are not of the twenty. Ainz himself also carries a world item in the webnovel. Also the info on overlord wiki is actually wrong, Longinus was never stated to be used. Although the guild was never the most powerful, they were famous for the number of world items and their guild base, at their best they ranked 9th with all 41 members active.

Just wanted to confirm something, as I might have jumped the gun with one of the ratings.

Wasn't it stated that the Skeletal Dragons that Khajiit summoned could have leveled the city of E-Rantel? If so, should we consider 6-7th tier magic 7-B? Which would make sense as that's the Tier Evileye and Narbeal have acess to.

Did a quick read through, so I might have overlooked something, but I didn't find anything suggesting they could level a city

He also said they were immune to magic too which Nabe proved to be false.

Nabe was physically destroying portions of one with her sword and I doubt her striking is 7-B. It seems more like the resistance was just stronger than it was seeing as her 7-B spell completely obliterated them both without slowing down.

Nabe doesn't get 7-B from scaling from the Skeletal Dragons, she gets it from scaling above Entoma who is more powerful than Evileye, who was stated to be able to destroy towns and cities with her power and had a spell that could destroy a city.

But yeah the Skeletal Dragons probably aren't 7-B, then.

Seems so, but I was reminded of a cool detail about one of Narberal's spells

Apparently Dimensional Move is unblockable, so that's neat

Apeironaxim said:
Besides Aura and Mare, is there anyone else in Nazarick known to not be immortal in some way?
Inverse as long as Ainz is alive, they are all immortal since he is immortal and can very likely just keep them from ever dying with a spell like Wish Upon A Star or other means we do not know yet, hes never going to let them die.

In other words

Ainz Alive?

They are all basically immortal.

Only thing I'd be afraid of is WCI's like the Longinus, that shit is scary

That would actually be Type 4/8 Immortality as they rely on a guild member ressurecting them with YGGDRASIL cash money.

Should we edit that into the profiles?

No offence, but what's the point of using Madhouse design models for profile pics? So-Bin's original illustrations way more detailed and better represents the characters.

Anime and all the producted stuff for 2&3 seasons are beyond pathetic for that kind of LNs and should be forgotten, honestly.

The Anime versions of the characters are just more well-known. I could argue that some of the manga covers of Naruto are more visually pleasing than his anime design, but I feel like the anime pictures are more clear and consise.

That said if the majority here thinks the LN renders are better that's cool by me.

Should it be listed on Hamsuke's page that Skeletal Dragons have 7B magic resistance, since they can nullify magic up to the 6th tier, which covers most of what Evil Eye and the Pleiades can use?

Also, considering hose things are physically comparable to Narberal, how strong would that make them? Or should it be noted on her page that she's 8C physically?

Their MR seems like God Hand since it's based off of rank rather than AP. We know Ainz would definitely be above 7-B with a Tier 6 spell. He even said the strength of the spell depends on the strength of the caster so scaling the Skeletal Dragons (who only tanked Tier 3 spell) to Nabe who casually wrecked both at once without trying and is only baseline. I'd say they should be Low 7-B at best.

The reason they were considered to be completely immune to magic is because they can't be harmed by anything 6th tir or below, and humans consider anything above that borderline impossible. Nabe had to use a 7th tier spell to affect it, and if she and characters like Evileye are only considered 7B with those level of spells they should be downgraded.

Blahblah9755 said:
The reason they were considered to be completely immune to magic is because they can't be harmed by anything 6th tir or below, and humans consider anything above that borderline impossible. Nabe had to use a 7th tier spell to affect it, and if she and characters like Evileye are only considered 7B with those level of spells they should be downgraded.
I'm pretty sure the magic resistance is only based on the tier of the spell, not the power

So even if, say, a tier 4 spell had 6-C power, it would do nothing because it's only tier 4

Shalltear's resistance, on the other hand, varied depending on the level and ability of her opponent. If the caster was weak, she'd be immune to even tier-ten spells, but against a powerful caster - like Ainz - tier one was probably the limit.

Here's the statement on the damage of spells depending on the individual, not the tier

So scaling solely through tier of the spell might be iffy

I figured since he capped at that level it might be safe but eh. Unless Khajiit has a profile, I don't really care too much. WHo scales anyway?

Back