• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Mk.II

I don't like her because she doesn't seem to have a lot character

It's just "AINZ-SAMA" or "I wish Ainz-sama would call me to his bed"

She's supposed to be one of the top minds of Nazarick, but I can't remember when she shows this, unlike Demiurge, who's shown on multiple occasions why he's considered to be one of/the smartest in Nazarick

A lot of the characters shower Ainz in praise, but they show they're more than just hypemen, unlike Albedo

That's the case to me at least

Yeah that shit is pretty much what I dislike too (her being near Ainz that is). Its way more fun when we see her without Ainz or else she goes of the rails. Even her rivalry with Shally over Ainz is better when they are nowhere near him.

Speaking of top minds, I need more PA going "mein Creator" and doing other dumb shit or have him fight and show off a bunch of the 41's mad skillz at 80%. He'd have to go right below Shalltear/Mare on the list.

Fun fact: Albedo wasn't in the Web Novel, and because Nazarick needed someone capable to stay behind, Narberal became Momon instead

In light of this fact, I fell like Albedo was created solely so Ainz could explore and do more in New World

Which I feel is a waste of a character

Did not know that, thanks. Maruyama should have never made Momonga change her character or something, though depending on the translation it seems to either be b*tch or ****. Not a fan of the second but the first one would have been more fun if she was his lietenant but was just extremely difficult to work with.

I was wondering why he didn't do that and said "Loves Momonga" fit perfectly. Did it need to be replaced with something else or what?

AnonymousBlank said:
I was wondering why he didn't do that and said "Loves Momonga" fit perfectly. Did it need to be replaced with something else or what?
Nope, pretty sure he felt guilty about deleting it, and what he put coincidentally had the same amount of words as the sentence written before, so he stuck with it

AnonymousBlank said:
How dare Gargantua be below Victim? That giant rock has personality ovo
I'd rather attempt a conversation with Gargantua (aka sitting there silently) then try to have an intelligent conversation with Albedo that doesn't involve Ainz (aka impossible)

Just make it a convo about improving Nazarick and drop a line that Ainz would be happy we are not distracted in serving the Tomb. That should work tbh.

The twist when Gargantua is actually great for conversation lol.

AnonymousBlank said:
Just make it a convo about improving Nazarick and drop a line that Ainz would be happy we are not distracted in serving the Tomb. That should work tbh.
Implying she wouldn't kill me by virtue of just being human

Though I'd rather have that than 90% of what the others want to do with humans

Wouldn't Gargantua just see you as an intruder and paste you then? May as well just go to another guardian that is not Demiurge and you'd be fine.

I can't be the only one who finds it funny that Shalltear, the repeatedly called **** and sexual deviant, dresses more moderately than Albedo

Peroroncino had to include every fetish so I guess her being a lady or something is one? Tabula originally had her as a thot so it actually makes some sense (unless you wanted Ainz to be swapping out her clothes in the prologue XD).

I'll take any opportunity for Albedo to get development, I don't want to hate her, but she isn't a character, just badly utilized comedic relief at this point

Honestly it's an interesting quandary with Albedo and the other NPCs. Free will between them is... iffy. Most of the NPCs have traits hard-wired into them that go beyond what is possible for biological disposition. If the traits that the Supreme Beings gave them stopped at base biological predispositions that would be fine, but they don't. All the NPCs have their free will limited in some way.

Albedo, in particular, raises a particularly interesting moral question. While it is true that Momonga changed her to love him and thus doesn't want to abuse that and accept her love, is refusing her the morally correct thing to do?

Albedo's love for Momonga is a base characteristic now, on par with her personality, height, and all other factors that could be determined by biological predisposition, if she was born normally. While such a love is certainly not natural, it is a part of her. Momonga has already cursed her by forcing her to love him on a base and impossible to ignore level, but is it right for him to refuse her on those grounds? To Albedo nothing would please her more than Momonga accepting her love. While it was undoubtedly wrong for Momonga to force her to love her (so is forcing her to be a ****), isn't it wrong to force her to be even more upset and conflicted by refusing her? If anything it seems like Momonga owes it to her to try and make her happy since he screwed with who she is.

Could that be wrong? Yeah, I could be. But that's just my 2 cents.

And there we were, complaining about characters and Assalt swoops in like some kinda philosiphizer with some moral quandry shit ovo

When I started writing that wall of text it was more relavent. Sorry for that ethical bomb drop in the middle of the conversation.

Then comes another problem, as a succubus, she feels emotions, especially love, VERY intensely. Just look at when she deflected that iron ball thrown at Ainz, or how she reacted to Enri, she's very impulsive and emotional

Ainz on the other hand, is very logical and cautious, and is not able to feel much emotion, due to his race. Not to mention the fact he sees them all as his children

I know there's the saying "Opposites Attract"...but this feels like too much of a difference to make something out of

Assaltwaffle said:
When I started writing that wall of text it was more relavent. Sorry for that ethical bomb drop in the middle of the conversation.
I agree with the sentiment Ainz should just try to face it at this point and see how it goes

I feel it would give both of them some development

I just want everyone in Nazarick to be happy

Is the emotion suppresion only for skeletons or when the emotion is positive in nature? Because while Shalltear has no problem expressing positive ones (I think) them and even Ainz and Iguva only show anger, arrogance etc.

AnonymousBlank said:
Is the emotion suppresion only for skeletons or when the emotion is positive in nature? Because while Shalltear has no problem expressing positive ones (I think) them and even Ainz and Iguva only show anger, arrogance etc.
Ainz got his emotion surpressed when he was pissed at finding out a World Item was responsible for what happened to Shalltear

I think the level of surpression depends on the undead

Like, Shalltear, as a vampire, just looks like a really pale human

While Ainz is a walking skeleton

Big difference in level of being undead

Ainz's emotion surpression is just weird. It seems to only do what the plot wants it to. Also no, it suppresses negative emotions as well, since it inhibits his wrath (shown when the workers lied to him).

On another topic, who do you guys want most to get their abilities fleshed out?

I'm interested in Demiurge, Mare, and Sebas most right now

Demiurge in particular, due to the fact he seems to have the only soul related shenanigans currently

Demiurge or Mare. While it would be nice to see dragon form Sebas, Demiurge seems like he would hase the more interesting abilities while Mare is an all rounder like Shalltear but leans towards spells rather than cqc. Plus it will be nice to not just see a bunch of fire or death manip.

Speaking of soul shenanigans, should Ainz get Resistance to Soul Manip due to probably being able to resist such an attack?

Or is that assuming too much?

Ainz should totally get resistance to Soul Manip.

For one, Demiurge's Hellfire, which severs souls from the body (or outright destroys them if I'm not mistaken), didn't do jack to him.

Apeironaxim said:
On another topic, who do you guys want most to get their abilities fleshed out?
Aura and Mare. We actually see Demiurge and Sebas use their skills pretty extensively, however we only get glimpses of what Aura and Mare can do proper in a battle.

Dargoo Faust said:
Ainz should totally get resistance to Soul Manip.
For one, Demiurge's Hellfire, which severs souls from the body (or outright destroys them if I'm not mistaken), didn't do jack to him.
Not sure if Ainz was ever hit by Hellfire Wall

Huh. Nevermind.

I'm reading the LN right now so I'll tell ya if it's different.

Also, when I catch up to the end expect a profile for Evil Lord Wrath/Faux Jaldabaoth.

Back