• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Phoenks

He/Him
FC/OC VS Battles
Administrator
This is most definitely a terrible, terrible idea. But that's kind of my thing at this point.

- - - - -

Rimuru Tempest, the Mary Sue Slime God

VS

Reinhard Van Astrea, the Knight of Knights

VS

Ainz Ooal Gown, the Sorcerer King

In this apocalyptic isekai trifecta, who will reign victorious?

DZ2iL6n.png
M67EXtS.png
32mMZFd.png

Speed Equalized • Magic Equalized • High 6-B Rimuru • Full Power Ainz & Reinhard • Reinhard Can Draw Reid • No Ainz Staff • No Prior Knowledge • No Preparation • Permanent Death is the Only Win Condition • All Contestants Start 1km Apart

Results:

Rimuru: 0
Reinhard: 2: @Zabazab, @SatellaTheWoE
Ainz: 2: @noninho, @Greatsage13th

Last edited:
Ainz just needs to use layered death hax while Rimuru could teleport
Well, what moves do they all start with?

Reinhard's existence erasure nukes the competition.

Ainz layered instant death hax nukes the competition.

What does Rimuru bring to the table?

Rimuru has his busted Reactive Evolution, Power Mimicry, Power Absorption, Law Manipulation and information manipulation type 2.

Rimuru has his busted Reactive Evolution, Power Mimicry, Power Absorption, Law Manipulation and information manipulation type 2.
How does that come into play if he gets instantly killed or erased by the other two?

How does that come into play if he gets instantly killed or erased by the other two?
They aren't passives which Rimuru could analyse and counter with a thought. Ainz also doesn't always top out with the aura of death while Reinhard wouldn't simply nuke Rimuru off the map while he would do it in a heartbeat to Ainz.

They aren't passives which Rimuru could analyse and counter with a thought. Ainz also doesn't always top out with the aura of death while Reinhard wouldn't simply nuke Rimuru off the map while he would do it in a heartbeat to Ainz.
How does Rimuru counter them with a thought?

Ainz doesn't always but he also has layered time stop and other abilities that could kill him.

Why wouldn't Reinhard wipe him off the map?

He'll take their abilities and gain resistance to them.
Via what abilities? As far as I know he can only do that with Gluttony, which is not passive and requires absorption.

Also, his analysis has not allowed him to resist more powerful abilities like Existence Erasure and layered Death Manipulation, so I call cap on that. It's also not even close to being instant, ever. It requires some amount of time even for basic stuff like poison and fire.
Yeah but most of them require hand movements.
So? He still has that option.

The same thing with Puck.
He literally erased all trace of Puck from the world. That was his first move. Wdym?

can this match even be added?
ok, what does "magic equalized" even mean?
if Rein can hit them both at the same time with his busted sword and blesses, 100% in his favor
1km is unfortunately doing Rimuru real bad since he can have a hard time before having any trace of time that we'd think about if it's possible to copy/absorb one of them (for short, he's in a bad time here)
Ainz wins on a 50/50. if Rein kills Rimuru first, Ainz can Grasp Heart, Death Aura V, TGOALID, TS+ any of the previous and/or Souleaters

this'll be nice, i hope the always merciful Lord Momonga wins here

Via what abilities? As far as I know he can only do that with Gluttony, which is not passive and requires absorption.

Also, his analysis has not allowed him to resist more powerful abilities like Existence Erasure and layered Death Manipulation, so I call cap on that.
No idea about analysing EE but layered death hax is a walk in a park.
So? He still has that option.
Which is less effective
He literally erased all trace of Puck from the world. That was his first move. Wdym?
But did he do it instantly. Like, a hungry orphan that saw a taco bell crunch wrap supreme Infront of him and immediately chow down on it?

can this match even be added?
ok, what does "magic equalized" even mean?
if Rein can hit them both at the same time with his busted sword and blesses, 100% in his favor
1km is unfortunately doing Rimuru real bad since he can have a hard time before having any trace of time that we'd think about if it's possible to copy/absorb one of them (for short, he's in a bad time here)
Ainz wins on a 50/50. if Rein kills Rimuru first, Ainz can Grasp Heart, Death Aura V, TGOALID, TS+ any of the previous and/or Souleaters

this'll be nice, i hope the always merciful Lord Momonga wins here
Rein wouldn't just kill Rimuru, his slash is omnidirectional.

if Rein kills Rimuru first
forgot to say: i think (and hope, for Momonga's sake) that this'll be happening because Rimuru is a more active fighter, like, prefering to shorten the range a little and things of the sort, while Ainz is...y'know...a Sorcerer.

won't be answering any more because here's 00:08AM and tomorrow's my first day at work. nighty night yall

Ainz has defeated Reinhard like 3 times at this point Via Layered time stop and camping with death Manipulation or Summoning a Soul Eater, it's comical how many times he's actually done so at this point

Rein's in-character is also ass for swinging his sword for his big **** off AoE, so he's double dead

From there Ainz vs Rimuru is a cakewalk, cause Ainz has his staff he can literally think and Rimuru drops dead, the staff does hard carry him here though, the layer on all his non-resistance shit it provides saves him big time, cause otherwise Ainz doesn't have a way to deal with low-high regen from Rimuru and Rimuru just eventually murks him if Ainz doesn't like, teleport into orbit, pop TGoALiD and come down with a Death spell lol

So yeah, Ainz wins because he was given his staff. If he didn't have it Rimuru resists Death Manipulation

No idea about analysing EE but layered death hax is a walk in a park.
How the hell is layered death hax a walk in the park? Has Rimuru EVER analyzed and gained resistance to a layered ability?

He took multiple minutes of analyzing poisons to develop a resistance, and his fire resistance wasn't developed until later in a fight.

Is this even his immediate starting move? Cause I don't think it is lol.
Which is less effective
Hardly less effective. Only takes him a little bit to do his death hax, and much of his other magical arsenal is nigh-instant.

But did he do it instantly. Like, a hungry orphan that saw a taco bell crunch wrap supreme Infront of him and immediately chow down on it?
Uh, yes? Unless you are going to argue he talked before it. Which like every anime character does, so you shouldn't single Reinhard out for that.

Ainz has defeated Reinhard like 3 times at this point Via Layered time stop and camping with death Manipulation or Summoning a Soul Eater, it's comical how many times he's actually done so at this point
I don't know if he can use the same strategy here while he has another opponent to deal with tbh. What is his starting move again?

I don't know if he can use the same strategy here while he has another opponent to deal with tbh. What is his starting move again?
Time Stop with 2 layers on it cause of the staff adding one

So uh, Ainz time stops, Delay magic (Insert Instant Death spell here)s them both, realizes Reinhard got up, and just starts camping him lol

Time Stop with 2 layers on it cause of the staff adding one

So uh, Ainz time stops, Delay magic (Insert Instant Death spell here)s them both, realizes Reinhard got up, and just starts camping him lol
Is the staff standard equipment or optional? CAUSE ****!

Ainz is cracked.

How the hell is layered death hax a walk in the park? Has Rimuru EVER analyzed and gained resistance to a layered ability?

He took multiple minutes of analyzing poisons to develop a resistance, and his fire resistance wasn't developed until later in a fight.
At which point of his chapter?
Hardly less effective. Only takes him a little bit to do his death hax, and much of his other magical arsenal is nigh-instant.
Alrighty then but do the others resist passive radiation and corruption?
Uh, yes? Unless you are going to argue he talked before it. Which like every anime character does, so you shouldn't single Reinhard out for that.
Yeah but his the most likely one to talk out of the two.

Is the staff standard equipment or optional? CAUSE ****!

Ainz is cracked.
It's optional cause Ainz doesn't want to find out the hard way what "Immediate disbandment of the guild" means in the new world so he keeps it in the Cherry Blossom Sanctuary on the 8th floor... aka the Security Hub of Nazarickl

but I assumed he had it cause of the "Full power Ainz" bit.

Without the staff, like I said, Ainz pretty much can't deal with Rimuru cause contrary to popular belief, I don't recall Ainz overpowering any Death Manipulation Resistances without TGoALiD lol

It's optional cause Ainz doesn't want to find out the hard way what "Immediate disbandment of the guild" means in the new world so he keeps it in the Cherry Blossom Sanctuary on the 8th floor... aka the Security Hub of Nazarickl

but I assumed he had it cause of the "Full power Ainz" bit.

Without the staff, like I said, Ainz pretty much can't deal with Rimuru cause contrary to popular belief, I don't recall Ainz overpowering any Death Manipulation Resistances without TGoALiD lol
I see

Alrighty then but do the others resist passive radiation and corruption?
The passive radiation and corruption in Tensei slime is nowhere near potent enough to kill them quickly. That's basically just a side effect that induces effects over a long period of time, or in high concentration which isn't passive.

Yeah but his the most likely one to talk out of the two.
Not at all. Rimuru talks in and before his fights all the damn time.

Can he use TGoALiD without the staff?

Does he have any layered abilities without the staff? Cause then can he even deal with Reinhard at that point?

Can he use TGoALiD without the staff?

Does he have any layered abilities without the staff? Cause then can he even deal with Reinhard at that point?
The Goal of All Life is Death is usable without the staff yes. It just takes 12 seconds to activate to apply Resistance Negation on his next instant Death spell, and in practice with Chronomancy Ainz drops this to 3 or 4 seconds, I don't remember precisely. Point is it takes an age and requires time Ainz doesn't have cause he can't do shit beyond delay magic and move during Time Stop. It's the skill Ainz gets by being of the Overlord Race

He's got time stop and Summoning of Soul eaters, and unresisted Death manip, especially with Despair Aura V for camping Reinhard

The Goal of All Life is Death is usable without the staff yes. It just takes 12 seconds to activate to apply Resistance Negation on his next instant Death spell, and in practice with Chronomancy Ainz drops this to 3 or 4 seconds, I don't remember precisely. Point is it takes an age and requires time Ainz doesn't have cause he can't do shit beyond delay magic and move during Time Stop

He's got time stop and Summoning of Soul eaters, and unresisted Death manip, especially with Despair Aura V for camping Reinhard
Reinhard resist time stop, soul manip, and death manip, though? Unless you mean they're layered?

His first move will be trying to erase the two of them with sword swings.

Rimuru is a bit chaotic. My guess is he will try to use Gluttony. But Rimuru actually does not resist time stop, unlike Reinhard. So, it's possible that Ainz can kill Rimuru with Time Stop + TGoALiD

Reinhard resist time stop, soul manip, and death manip, though? Unless you mean they're layered?

His first move will be trying to erase the two of them with sword swings.

Rimuru is a bit chaotic. My guess is he will try to use Gluttony. But Rimuru actually does not resist time stop, unlike Reinhard. So, it's possible that Ainz can kill Rimuru with Time Stop + TGoALiD
Layered Time Stop, Not Soul Absorption, and that was probably added but doesn't really matter in the long run here lol

Can I see every Rein fight where he starts with this? Lol

Don't you mean damn near impossible? Ainz doesn't have the time he needs for TGoALiD here lol

So yeah with everything aka full power, Ainz wins, I don't care for who wins when Ainz doesn't have his staff

Layered Time Stop, Not Soul Absorption, and that was probably added but doesn't really matter in the long run here lol

Can I see every Rein fight where he starts with this? Lol

Don't you mean damn near impossible? Ainz doesn't have the time he needs for TGoALiD here lol

So yeah with everything aka full power, Ainz wins, I don't care for who wins when Ainz doesn't have his staff
Layered time stop works.

How does the absorption work again? Is it instant? Reinhard has no chance to swing his sword?

Death Manipulation resistance isn't that new but allows him to resist Julius' instant death beam thing.

He doesn't have enough time for TGoALiD in the time stop? Can't he kill Rimuru the same way he kills Reinhard, what's the difference there?

About Reinhard starting with EE sword. The thing is he's only really had like two/three real fights. One of them was against Regulus, who can't be affected by anything regardless of what he does (be it EE, space slash, etc). Another is Volcanica, which we're unsure what happened there I believe.

Leaving the only fight that's actually usable for his general starting move being Puck vs Reinhard, where he did in fact swing his sword to erase him. That was his first move. He doesn't tend to waste time.

Back