• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Top Tiers and God Tiers Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
literally no evidence proving otherwise

There's no need to prove otherwise. The proof is required from the side making the positive claim.

Devil Fruit powers are tied to the user's own strength. This is shown several times, such as when Ace manages to burn Whitebeard after previously being unable to do so thanks to training. Another example is when in the first SBS oda stated that Luffy was training to increase the length he could stretch. Therefore Kaidou scales to his devil fruit's powers.

Nope. Not how it works.

Ace improving his Devil Fruit =/= Ace's punch is as strong as his strongest Devil Fruit attack.

Devil Fruit powers are tied to the user's own strength. This is shown several times, such as when Ace manages to burn Whitebeard after previously being unable to do so thanks to training. Another example is when in the first SBS oda stated that Luffy was training to increase the length he could stretch. Therefore Kaidou scales to his devil fruit's powers.

Lmao, so base Luffy scales to Gear 5 cuz it’s his Devil fruit power huh? Doffy’s physicals scale to his bird cage too then huh? There are instances in One Piece where characters use their Devil fruits to produce abilities or attacks beyond their normal physicals, you’re just wrong here. This isn’t a defeater either moron.

There's no need to prove otherwise. The proof is required from the side making the positive claim.
18086435_784_1145_208020.webp

how would these flames be magically different from his bolo breath?

Well one creates a mini nuke the other coats his body in a flame Susano’o. So they’re inherently different as they have different properties. Onus is on you to prove their the exact same and scale to each other

Lmao, so base Luffy scales to Gear 5 cuz it’s his Devil fruit power huh? Doffy’s physicals scale to his bird cage too then huh? There are instances in One Piece where characters use their Devil fruits to produce abilities or attacks beyond their normal physicals, you’re just wrong here. This isn’t a defeater either moron.
He said tied. Not equal. and what the moron means is that your df powers grow with increases in power to your base.

Well one creates a mini nuke the other coats his body in a flame Susano’o. So they’re inherently different as they have different properties. Onus is on you to prove their the exact same and scale to each other
Nothing proves that they have different properties. Different applications do not mean different properties. If kaido emitted the flames from his body instead of his mouth that would be a case of them being different.

how would these flames be magically different from his bolo breath?

Well, Kaidou's Bolo Breath could be deflected easily by Gear 5 Luffy, and Kaidou's flame Susano'o clashed with Luffy's Bajrang Gun for a good while.

So yeah, I think they're different enough.

The Bajrang Gun calc should go. KE calcs overhaul feats well above what they should reasonably be. It should only be used as support for Luffy’s Lifting Strength. Otherwise we might as well say 57.5 km/s is too slow of a striking speed for Luffy. Then proceed to adjust the speed from 57.5 km/s to 5,750 km/s or 57,500 km/s (both speeds that Luffy can achieve) and get Moon to Small Planet level results.

The Bajrang Gun calc should go. KE calcs overhaul feats well above what they should reasonably be. It should only be used as support for Luffy’s Lifting Strength. Otherwise we might as well say 57.5 km/s is too slow of a striking speed for Luffy. Then proceed to adjust the speed from 57.5 km/s to 5,750 km/s or 57,500 km/s (both speeds that Luffy can achieve) and get Moon to Small Planet level results.

Do not derail this thread. I will tackle the Bajrang Gun separately, if it needs tackling.

Just stop

saw you arguing this in another thread. this is not the place

A set of abilities being increased in power through the user becoming generally more powerful wouldn't than cause the user to scale to its abilities, nor would it cause the abilities themselves to scale equally. An example of this would be the Rinnegan. Shinra Tensei doesn't scale to Chibaku Tensei despite both being gained through the same ability, and even created through the same sub-usage of that ability (Gravity Manipulation).

If we don't have evidence beyond speculation, then I don't see the reason as to why I should believe y'alls claim compared to Arc and Damage's.

Nope. Not how it works.

Ace improving his Devil Fruit =/= Ace's punch is as strong as his strongest Devil Fruit attack.
Please do not compare ultimate moves to the most basic technique of Kaidou's fruit.

I'm saying that basic DF based moves(i.e Flame Clouds) scale to the user's basic a.p,. As can be seen by Whitebeard vs Ace, and other examples which I will give if needed.

You guys are using examples of people not scaling to their canonical strongest techniques as a counter to Kaidou not scaling to one of the weakest abilities his fruit produces

I see.

The people not scaling to their strongest techniques point was more of an argument against scaling Kaidou's flame Susano'o back to his Bolo Breath.

That Moron's point about DF users scaling to their DF is just unsubstantiated. His Ace example doesn't prove it.

I'm just going to cut straight to the heart of this issue and ask what's the evidence which supports Kaido physically scaling to the clouds?
The fact that its litteraly the most basic ability of his fruit that should offensively be inferior to Boro Breath which Momo struggled with after Flame Clouds, and Luffy scales to that.

Flame clouds aren’t hyped to be his ultimate technique =/= flame clouds scale to his physicals moron, KT. There are plenty of instances of characters with techniques that aren’t their strongest technique but still stronger than their physicals.

The fact that its litteraly the most basic ability of his fruit that should offensively be inferior to Boro Breath which Momo struggled with after Flame Clouds, and Luffy scales to that.
Is this everything? Just asking since I don't know, so I want to have all the evidence on hand before commenting further.

I'm sorry, who told you that the calculated value of the Flame Clouds must be inferior to the AP value of the Boro Breath?

Flame clouds aren’t hyped to be his ultimate technique =/= flame clouds scale to his physicals moron, KT.
I ain't defending 1 side, I'm explaining That_moron's (I refuse to address this man as only Moron like you goobers do) argument since he can't articulate it as good as needed
There are plenty of instances of characters with techniques that aren’t their strongest technique but still stronger than their physicals.
In That_moron's defense, this ain't even an attacking move, it's deadass a move that Kaidou just uses to get around
Moves more focused on attacking with similar concepts (flames) should be superior to the likes of just passive techniques

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back