• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well given that Naruto now has Light Speed attacks for similar reasons i figured i might as well give this a try. Foxy is able to produce Noro Noro Beams, which he himself states are made of photons, radiation and light. In addition thess beams travel straight, do not explode, are completely intangible and most importantly are shown to reflect off of mirrors further proving it should be treated as light speed.

The only counterargument would be that they slow you down, which shouldn't effect the legitimacy of the beams for the same reason why it wasn't held against Delta's beams.

Scans below.
0309-004
0309-005
0316-005
0316-006
0316-007

And given the reasons you showed, I complete agree with the beams being lightspeed

This is more than enough support for it tbh.

Edit: How do they move though?

It is called radiation and has refraction, not only Noro Photon. As I said earlier, the Hax involved (slowing down) does not affect the characteristics. And I'm not sure about the shape, but it literally just seems like a way to make the beam cool.

I agree with the evidence presented for the same reason as Delta's beam.

However, how will this be on scale? For I am sure that some calculations would even put PRE-TS at very high levels of speed, which might be inconsistent with the achievements presented in Skypiea by Enel and cia?
It's not a criticism, just curiosity.

Nothing new here is really being introduced. It can't even be said to be for the exact same reasons as for why Delta's beams were accepted.

Why exactly should this be accepted now when it has long been rejected in the past?

I remember an old thread discussing this. It has the statements and feats, the only thing that bothers me is the way they look but I guess it's fine. I'll agree for now until someone can put forth decent counters.

I haven't seen any counter arguments and the argument here is essentially the same for the Delta attack, only difference is that Delta has technology while Foxy uses straight up photons and radiation

@Damage wrong, this was discussed once in the latest years and that thread was never concluded.

The only reason why this wouldn't be applied it's because it presents inconsistencies with Enel. But I have some counter arguments that I was wanted to present in the future with this very same topic in a big speed revision for the whole verse.

Guess I have been ninja'd with Foxy's topic.

This is the post left by Elizhaa last time this was brought up:

Elizhaa said:
Rei Rubro said:
If this only scales to Foxy, I do not see why not add
We can't ignored contexts, the speed for update is contradicted many times from other characters.
To put put simply, there are more context of it being other characters speeds than light speed by Orcham Razor here and also update that are contradicted to such level in the verses tends not be accepted anyway.

Simply having some properties of light, without actually having any context suggesting that the beams are in fact lightspeed, doesn't mean we should assume the beams are lightspeed.

To be honest, I disagree with rejecting something being Light or lighting on the basis that it would create inconsistencies. That has nothing to do with the legitimacy of the actual object we are measuring. It just means that even if X is accepted as lighting or light, if scaling from it completely contradicts what we see, then we simply don't apply it.

This being considered light and this being used for calculations that may or may not provide outliers are completely separate things.

What? Everything suggests SoL. NNB are made of light (photons), travels in straight lines, get reflected by mirrors and are completely intangible.

That claim ignores everything for the sake of whatever he might have been thinking at the time.

It also ignores the Mach 9K feat I found, or the other Sub-Relativistic feats for Pre-Timeskip characters.

Can someone at least link the feats where someone dodge or react to this attack? Looking at it we can say if the feats would be an outlier or not

Given the door opening from the Naruto thread:

This is 100% legitimate, is self-consistent insofar as wiki definitions for light, context is solid, and it's objectively-stated in-verse.

It's legit, there's no room for refutation.

Agree with Xulrev. The beam has almost all criteria met. What do you guys want? A lightspeed statement for everything?

@M3X There's only one clear feat which was calculated at Sub-Relativistic.

@Jvando Funnily enough, in the previous thread we basically said that even if we accept NNB as SoL we wouldn't be scaling it to anyone but Foxy's attack speed with it.

It makes no sense to disagree with the attack being SoL, because it will probably make the scale inconsistent, thanks to the Skiypiea feats.
It is called radiation and in some ways photons. And he has an excellent property of light ... He refracted in mirrors!
Need to say, it has SoL with such feats.

And it also seems that Calaca, one of the most competent when it comes to OP, has something to say later on.

I see no problem that Foxy has SoL in Attack Speed.

> Funnily enough, in the previous thread we basically said that even if we accept NNB as SoL we wouldn't be scaling it to anyone but Foxy's attack speed with it.

If we don't scale anyone else to it, then there are less inconsistencies involved.

MostPowerfull said:
It is called radiation and in some ways photons. And he has an excellent property of light ... He refracted in mirrors!
Needless to say, it has SoL with such feats.
From what I can find they're referred to as "Slowpoke Photons" in the official translation or ร’รขร„ร’รขยกร’รขร—ร•ร รซร•ยกร‰ / Noroma Kลshi in the original Japanese.

Definitely not actual real-life photons, and with a name like that I have no problem accepting that they could much much slower than actual photons which would be fitting considering what he can do with them.

There is also this scene where Foxy serves up his Noro Noro beam... and hits it with a mirror racket to send different parts of the beam in different directions...

You can't tell me that this is how how an actual beam of light would behave.

It looks far more likely to me that he's simply creating a slow projectile that has some properties similar to light.

Yes, I actually can. That has a lot of counter-arguments:

• Foxy places his hand in different positions BEFORE firing the Beam.
  • Foxy just moves the mirror racket while firing the beam, changing its direction and forming different paths.
  • That's an artistic decision to make it seems Luffy is surrounded by the NNB.
  • With the mirror racket and the mirror behind Luffy the Beams are obviously going to move everywhere. Reflection has been proven legit and this isn't strange if there are two different surfaces where they can be reflected.

Epsilon R said:
Is there a Light Speed revolution or something?
The standards for accepting it seemingly a lot lower than I thought, so now people are rushing in to get it accepted for their verse too so that upgrades can be on the table. Just my thoughts.

It's always be the exact standard for the past two years. How didn't u know what the standards were until now?

No one is rushing. As an OP fan listening to this I can say that we waited long enough for Foxy to be upgraded. So saying we are rushing is kinda offensive if you ask me.

AstralKing7 said:
It's always be the exact standard for the past two years. How didn't u know what the standards were until now?
Evidently not since it wasn't accepted in the past.

If it was rejected multiple times in the past, and the standards haven't changed in the past two years, and no new evidence has come up, then it being accepted now must be for a different reason.

The only reason why I think this wasn't accepted before it's because it'd lead to inconsistencies in the scaling. That's the only 'valid' argument I can think was enough to disprove it.

It meets a lot of the criteria with proven feats. The only thing that wasn't stated it that it's lightspeed, but the rest has been proven with the very same standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back