• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
link me all the accepted rel calcs
Also I'll help you by posting therustyones points
Apologies for the long wait. Small thoughts from what I've read.

100% agree that the light from Silver Eyes is lightspeed. It's literally a flash of light, it's not a laser or something either. It's shown to be well... Light.

The Sliver Eye calc thing is interesting. Left my evaluation on it. But this is good.

"Light dust appears to be what photons are called in the RWBY universe." This is a very serious claim to make. Where is this thing coming from?

The Spider Droid's weapon being called a particle cannon is good. That is basically a near lightspeed weapon.

Version 2 for Adam's calc is fine, but I'm not certain about the kinetic energy. Should ask another calc group member. But I feel like him blocking and not attacking is important. I remember hearing that blocking bullets/projectile with an object isn't usable for KE. However I'm not sure if that is true or not.

"You have yet to provide such evidence and your position is actively disagreed with by other supporters of this thread who cite how the lasers are powered from lightning dust. Not hard light dust." Where is it cited that the lasers are powered by lightning dust? This is also a claim I'd like to see evidence for.
Laser/Light Beam page. "Additionally, if a series is very close to lightspeed or exceeds it in several other calcs and scenarios (such as what is seen in DBZ), there is less of a burden of proof to show that the laser is a true laser."

I'm currently fine with speed of light for Ruby's Silver Eyes. And the Particle Cannon thing is a near lightspeed weapon. As such there is less burden of proof needed to show if Penny's laser is a true laser. Since the speed feat of the series already approaches the speed of light with the above stuff.

But even if we ignore Penny's lasers, the above stuff already has them sitting at Relativistic in terms of speed. So I don't mind dropping that for now.

About the Silver Eyes.

The Laser/Light Beam page is only for laser/light beams to my knowledge. Not for a flash of light like the Silver Eyes, which has always functioned as light. The God Light created these Silver Eyes and he's FTL. So the idea of his own power, that he gave humans, being lightspeed is fine. It's a magic flashbang that kills Grimm.

This video right here should be more than enough proof. Silver Eyes have clear feats of being light.

(4:15) Look at how the light in this scene leaves the room from the hole. It's clearly bouncing/reflecting off the walls and brightening the entire area. That's a property of true light, and this isn't like a laser that just glows. This is a literal flash of light that comes out of her eyes and has always been called light.

That right there is the perfect example of the Silver Eyes being light. There needs to be evidence that points to the Silver Eyes not being light, not the other way around.
Heavily case by case. Since the speed of anything moving in fiction will vary if you measure it between scenes.

Just because the Silver Eyes doesn't travel at the same speed every single time we see it, that doesn't mean it isn't lightspeed. Similar to how bullets in RWBY don't travel at the same speed every single time. Using this logic I can say bullets are inconsistent and shouldn't be used as their speed varies too much between scenes.

This would change if the verse itself is showing that this is indeed meant to be the case.

That the Silver Eye light is moving slower for some reason and not because the people making RWBY can't be 100% consistent. From what I've seen, nothing points to this for the Silver Eyes. Yes in one scene it moves slower/faster than it did in another scene. But that is irrelevant, since obvious they can't show light at its real speed.

Or else we wouldn't be able to calc it.

This should be closed now no? The stuff here has been accepted and are being discussed for scaling in the other thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back