• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When was that ever implied with any of my statements?

But yes, if there was more precedent for light speed prior to this I would be fine.

Is your only argument to bring up other verses
Ah so you are basically saying that it's fine only if they were sub Relativistic in the frist place and the other verse thing was used as a example that light that can affect other beings can be SOL, kinda hypothetical huh

Laser/Light Beam page. "Additionally, if a series is very close to lightspeed or exceeds it in several other calcs and scenarios (such as what is seen in DBZ), there is less of a burden of proof to show that the laser is a true laser."

I'm currently fine with speed of light for Ruby's Silver Eyes. And the Particle Cannon thing is a near lightspeed weapon. As such there is less burden of proof needed to show if Penny's laser is a true laser. Since the speed feat of the series already approaches the speed of light with the above stuff.

But even if we ignore Penny's lasers, the above stuff already has them sitting at Relativistic in terms of speed. So I don't mind dropping that for now.

About the Silver Eyes.

The Laser/Light Beam page is only for laser/light beams to my knowledge. Not for a flash of light like the Silver Eyes, which has always functioned as light. The God Light created these Silver Eyes and he's FTL. So the idea of his own power, that he gave humans, being lightspeed is fine. It's a magic flashbang that kills Grimm.

This video right here should be more than enough proof. Silver Eyes have clear feats of being light.

(4:15) Look at how the light in this scene leaves the room from the hole. It's clearly bouncing/reflecting off the walls and brightening the entire area. That's a property of true light, and this isn't like a laser that just glows. This is a literal flash of light that comes out of her eyes and has always been called light.

That right there is the perfect example of the Silver Eyes being light. There needs to be evidence that points to the Silver Eyes not being light, not the other way around.

We literally already have done this you just aren't accepting it and arguing circular or did you miss the part where its consistently shown blitzing MHS+ characters and statueing them (even in slo mo scenes of it) or the point where it acts and dissipates the same as natural light carrying no mass or force, is called light as in a real light by reliable sources

It's pretty consistent my guy
Those MHS+ characters are sub relativistic scaling to the person literally moving during the scene you’re talking about. What are you even saying to me.

Carrying no mass or force is not criteria.

They are calling it light in regards to where it comes from. What it is. It is light, because it is the power from the God of Light. It is not light because it is comparable to natural light. It is magical light.

Magical light can be called light. That does not make it light speed anymore than a laser is a true laser.

Laser/Light Beam page. "Additionally, if a series is very close to lightspeed or exceeds it in several other calcs and scenarios (such as what is seen in DBZ), there is less of a burden of proof to show that the laser is a true laser."

I'm currently fine with speed of light for Ruby's Silver Eyes. And the Particle Cannon thing is a near lightspeed weapon. As such there is less burden of proof needed to show if Penny's laser is a true laser. Since the speed feat of the series already approaches the speed of light with the above stuff.

But even if we ignore Penny's lasers, the above stuff already has them sitting at Relativistic in terms of speed. So I don't mind dropping that for now.

About the Silver Eyes.

The Laser/Light Beam page is only for laser/light beams. Not for a flash of light like Ruby's Silver Eyes, which has always functioned exactly as light. The God Light created these Silver Eyes and he's FTL. So the idea of his own power, that he gave humans, being lightspeed is fine. It's a magic flashbang that kills Grimm.

This video right here should be more than enough proof. Silver Eyes have clear feats of being light.

(4:15) Look at how the light in this scene leaves the room from the hole. It's clearly bouncing/reflecting off the walls and brightening the entire area. That's a property of true light, and this isn't like a laser that just glows. This is a literal flash of light that comes out of her eyes and has always been called light.

That right there is the perfect example of the Silver Eyes being light. There needs to be evidence that points to the Silver Eyes not being light, not the other way around.
Rusty have i told you how awesome you are recently? Because you are

They are calling it light in regards to where it comes from. What it is. It is light, because it is the power from the God of Light. It is not light because it is comparable to natural light. It is magical light.

Magical light can be called light. That does not make it light speed anymore than a laser is a true laser.
Bro it was called LIGHT way BEFORE THEY EVEN MET MARIA or found out about Ozpin DAWG it was literally called LIGHT IN THE VOLUME 3 FINALE and onwards before we even knew about the existence of the God of Light before even some of most reliable characters knew about him
You're literally just repeating the same points that have been answered I can't be bothered to take you seriously, lets just proceed without him please

About the Silver Eyes.

The Laser/Light Beam page is only for laser/light beams to my knowledge. Not for a flash of light like the Silver Eyes, which has always functioned as light. The God Light created these Silver Eyes and he's FTL. So the idea of his own power, that he gave humans, being lightspeed is fine. It's a magic flashbang that kills Grimm.

Oh look, someone actually explaining how they should be light speed via wiki standards. What a shocker.

Agreed thanks to Rusty actually being the only person to answer questions in a manner that is logical with wiki standards.

I’m not, but ok. You’re mad at me for no reason and can’t think straight, I recommend cooling off bro.
Literally no one is mad at you don't act condescending this is the internet you're not that important please don't start throwing around insults

Oh look, someone actually explaining how they should be light speed via wiki standards. What a shocker.

Agreed thanks to Rusty actually being the only person to answer questions in a manner that is logical with wiki standards.
I mean I did try to make weekly post scans, post evidence again so you don't need to go back and posted my own scans showing raw hard light dust exists...

Literally no one is mad at you don't act condescending this is the internet you're not that important
You caps locking every reply to me and trying to leave me behind in the discussion because you’re upset at me is absolutely you being mad.

Enough before this goes down a road you don’t want.

You caps locking every reply to me and trying to leave me behind in the discussion because you’re upset at me is absolutely you being mad. I've absolutely no reason to be mad at an internet personality
Used caps lock to show how ridiculous you sounded as you argued in circles
Enough before this goes down a road you don’t want.
And please don't make threats my guy

Its been proven as lightspeed let it go

Alright can we calm down and make a part two to this crt to make a new op with all the points we have rn so no one new has to go through 7 pages

Used caps lock to show how ridiculous you sounded as you argued in circles
And please don't make threats my guy

Its been proven as lightspeed let it go
You’re the one literally continuing this, I already told you to stop. This is borderline harassment at this point, leave it be. And saying you “wanted to show how ridiculous I was being” is not helping your case.

Stop talking to me

Yes, she fired a beam of raw hard light dust (ie. natural light) from a hard light dust construct
Prove this claim.

Prove she fired “raw hard light dust” from a hard light construct. She could’ve simply fired a raw hard light construct of Penny’s beam since she’s doing this from a harm light construct.

Where is the evidence she fired a “raw hard light beam.”

Prove this claim.

Prove she fired “raw hard light dust” from a hard light construct. She could’ve simply fired a raw hard light construct of Penny’s beam since she’s doing this from a harm light construct.

I think we dropped that justification

Regarding the Silver Eyes; would the light being shown to travel at different speeds in different moments be a factor against it being default lightspeed?

Prove this claim.

That point doesn't matter anymore so let's drop that, alright?

Regarding the Silver Eyes; would the light being shown to travel at different speeds in different moments be a factor against it being default lightspeed?
Not really, everything is frozen when it goes off expect for cinder (literally anytime cinder is there she always moves when it's activated)

Any examples that come to mind because it could be PIS if it has no narrative implications or reasons to travel slower or if isn't noted to be slower either

Also a new thread with a new op is probably being made, so probably Bring up this point there

Heavily case by case. Since the speed of anything moving in fiction will vary if you measure it between scenes.

Just because the Silver Eyes doesn't travel at the same speed every single time we see it, that doesn't mean it isn't lightspeed. Similar to how bullets in RWBY don't travel at the same speed every single time. Using this logic I can say bullets are inconsistent and shouldn't be used as their speed varies too much between scenes.

This would change if the verse itself is showing that this is indeed meant to be the case.

That the Silver Eye light is moving slower for some reason and not because the people making RWBY can't be 100% consistent. From what I've seen, nothing points to this for the Silver Eyes. Yes in one scene it moves slower/faster than it did in another scene. But that is irrelevant, since obvious they can't show light at its real speed.

Or else we wouldn't be able to calc it.

Currently just waiting for a response on if using adam's blocking feat as a KE feat would be viable
Probably not since be was just blocking there, maybe if he was using some much larger weapon or was actually attacking relative to the light in that scene then yeah but as it is now I'd say no just to be safe, Rusty and Damage may have different opinions though

Heavily case by case. Since the speed of anything moving in fiction will vary if you measure it between scenes.

Just because the Silver Eyes doesn't travel at the same speed every single time we see it, that doesn't mean it isn't lightspeed. Similar to how bullets in RWBY don't travel at the same speed every single time. Using this logic I can say bullets are inconsistent and shouldn't be used as their speed varies too much between scenes.

This would change if the verse itself is showing that this is indeed meant to be the case.

That the Silver Eye light is moving slower for some reason and not because the people making RWBY can't be 100% consistent. From what I've seen, nothing points to this for the Silver Eyes. Yes in one scene it moves slower/faster than it did in another scene. But that is irrelevant, since obvious they can't show light at its real speed.

Or else we wouldn't be able to calc it.

What if it was travelling at different speeds in the same scene / clip?

What if it was travelling at different speeds in the same scene / clip?
Then that could still be the case, I had the same thing happens with trying do a calc with Superman's heat vision where in the same scene the speed and thickness of the blast changed when it cut to another angle but it wasn't noted as being any different or slower in the context of the series

Probably not since be was just blocking there, maybe if he was using some much larger weapon or was actually attacking relative to the light in that scene then yeah but as it is now I'd say no just to be safe, Rusty and Damage may have different opinions though
Ive been informed that Travis Touchdown is currently 8-B for the same kind of blocking/deflecting feat so uh

Relativistic Cinder and Adam looks fine (which scales to everyone's Volume 6 keys and onward). Though definitely avoid scaling this to travel speed.

For the KE of Adam's feat I suppose we'd go by this:

Kinetic Energy based on Movement Speed is case by case: Fiction often treats the speed with which a character can move himself as unrelated to their attack power. As such feats like just running or carrying a small object, like another character, should only be used if the fiction has made clear that the speed of the movement correlates to the character's power or if the character uses the fast moving object to attack. Calculating the energy necessary for moving large structures at great speeds, using the speed things move as a secondary effect of an attack, throwing objects at great speeds etc. are all acceptable methods of quantifying a characters power regardless.

For the KE of Adam's feat I suppose we'd go by this:

Kinetic Energy based on Movement Speed is case by case: Fiction often treats the speed with which a character can move himself as unrelated to their attack power. As such feats like just running or carrying a small object, like another character, should only be used if the fiction has made clear that the speed of the movement correlates to the character's power or if the character uses the fast moving object to attack. Calculating the energy necessary for moving large structures at great speeds, using the speed things move as a secondary effect of an attack, throwing objects at great speeds etc. are all acceptable methods of quantifying a characters power regardless.
So then Adam's thing would be fine? Because its calcing the KE of him drawing his sword at relativistic speed, with his entire fighting style revolving around Iaido, a martial art that focuses on rapidly drawing your sword to strike your opponent

About the Silver Eyes.

Does this mean the other sub-rel and rel calcs are useable too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back