• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, just because it was rejected in the past doesn't mean it should have been and plus, people's perceptions or understandings of the standards might have changed. Some see them as absolute while some see them more as guidelines that, while they should be followed as closely as possible, are not absolute. In this case, it has legit all the necessary properties and if the only issue is scaling, that can be for another thread. Who dodged or reacts to this, however, has no bearing on its properties

> Who dodged or reacts to this, however, has no bearing on its properties

This just comes down to a difference of opinion here, but to me it is pretty relevant to some of its properties if the property we're specifically focusing on is its speed.

Sure, Luffy dodging it has nothing to do with it bouncing off of mirrors or it being described as a type of photon, but it is relevant when we're judging the unstated speed of the beam in question.

The main problem here is that I personally have no problem accepting that the beam has some similar properties to light (reflecting as an example) and having nowhere near the speed of light, whereas other people think that if it has some similar properties to light then that must mean it has ALL the properties of light including its speed.

Do you get what I mean?

Just because something was rejected in the past doesn't make it wrong in the first place.

That's all I have to say on the matter since it looks like this is how things are being judged

Again with the spoonfeeding it seems.

>Described as light

>Moves as light

>Behaves as light

Pretty sure it's lightspeed.

This is the same thing you tried to do with Delta's lasers. You won't get any other response, and it seems that this case is even worst because it meets the criteria even better.

The Calaca said:
Again with the spoonfeeding it seems.
>Described as light

>Moves as light

>Behaves as light

Pretty sure it's lightspeed.

This is the same thing you tried to do with Delta's lasers. You won't get any other response, and it seems that this case is even worst because it meets the criteria even better.
you noticed how naruto verse gets a pass for things other verse gotta go thru war for? i called it out months ago

> Described as light

> Moves as light

> Behaves as light

>> Pretty sure it's lightspeed.

There's no reason why all of that can't be the case and still be slower than real light. Especially given the "artistic choices" involved in not making them look anything like a laser beam at all.

I did mention the actual name given to Foxy's light up above: "Slowpoke Photons" in the official translation or ร’รขร„ร’รขยกร’รขร—ร•ร รซร•ยกร‰ / Noroma Kลshi in the original Japanese.

How is it not fitting that Foxy's beams themselves could be slower than light too?

????? Zezu, you need to see the amount of downplay Naruto had some months ago. Now we need to redo almost everything, look at the shit they did to the god tiers...

Let's not get into "X verse needs to go through Y shit to get Z accepted". This can be said for nearly all highly popular verses and doesn't add anything to the discussion

There's no reason to believe the NNB moves slower than light with all the evidence. In fact, it's quite the opposite.

They are still being called which, coincidentally, reflects in mirrors and doesn't interact with physical matter. That thing about the name is also a fallacy, otherwise I'll bring High 4-C Teach for creating Black Holes and Ace because his Entei was called Sun.

This time you can't bring something like "uh, it explodes" because it doesn't even do that.

Said artistic choice can be also justified with the 'beam' being that wide but being fired with little stops in between. Kinda of a stretch, I know, but so is your argument of it not being SoL when there's no reason to believe such a thing.

I am completely neutral here, but they're called slowpoke photons because they slow targets down when they hit them. The burden of proof falls on you to prove this name means they themselves are slow rather than being for the effect they have on targets.

M3X said:
????? Zezu, you need to see the amount of downplay Naruto had some months ago. Now we need to redo almost everything, look at the shit they did to the god tiers...
tbh idk why they did it.. lariat is 1/3 light speed from data book, delta lasers is from a machine so either way they would get rel+ then you got storm style being light

Heres some truth the day after XMAS... NO BIAS
1-Delta eyes are machines if yes her lasers are sol...giving them rel+-sol (Naruto)
2- Luffy is dodging lasers from a machine which replicates kizarus light giving them rel+-sol
3-Ludo Flash grace is a literal flash (google what is a flash) , SD head shouldnt move faster than her body , chaos distant star feat gives NNT Rel+-sol possibly ftl (chaos) and ark from goddess uses light particles
4-Barro shunsui dodged them ,Aswualen(natural) stern g dodged them ,hollows light, giving them REL+-SOL
5-FT easiest one... their magic is natural sting/gildarts feats future rouge giving them sol-ftl (yes sadly by logic they should be the fastest and this coming from a man who dont like ft that much)

The Prince of Counters said:
Can we not involve literally every ******* verse in a thread that has nothing to do with them? Kay, thanks
your correct but at the same time dont understand WHY its done... other verses dont get the same treatment for the SAME FEATS... thats the issue why when we do a new upgrade other verses gets added cuz they have or been had those feats yet they were ignored. Maybe have a Gm make WHOLE post about every verse having the same feat so there wont be any bias...

@Zezu TPoC is right. That doesn't belong here.

Your suggestion seems to be too complicated and unfounded. Lots of verses have to go through a lot of revisions for almost everything, and this complaining isn't well appreciated by the people who works so hard to keep the wiki in order.

I ask you to comment something actually on-topic next time, please. We need no drama derailing the thread.

@Zezu

I do not understand much what you are trying to do here...

What are you really trying to prove by bringing Bleach and Naruto into an OP topic?

Let's try to stop bringing up other verses here. This is a discussion for one piece please

Anyways I'm fine with the upgrade since it's not inconsistent

just saying would it even be inconcistent when theres a feat for law before he becomes a full on pirate (this is because at the end of the novel it when he gets his submarine) dodges light beams in the novel

I agree with SoL for Foxy. Shouldn't people comparable to Luffy and above him have SoL speed if this is accepted?

Strawboi said:
I agree with SoL for Foxy. Shouldn't people comparable to Luffy and above him have SoL speed if this is accepted?
It would be a pretty big outlier considering how badly a much faster Luffy and other characters reacts to Kizaru later on.

Anyway, this thing tackles more than enough of the necessary criteria to be accepted as light speed and it causing outliers/inconsistencies isn't an argument. With that, other staff input is preferred since most people agree but one Discussion mod disagrees and one agrees.

Damage3245 said:
Strawboi said:
It would be a pretty big outlier considering how badly a much faster Luffy and other characters reacts to Kizaru later on.
i mean wouldnt that just mean kizaru is just higher into ftl and faster than the speed of light like was says kizaru is capped at the speed of light

I agree that this seems like lightspeed, but it also seems like an outlier, considering that only the highest top tier characters can keep up with Kizaru.

Considering this only applies to the NNB's speed and not Foxy's, it shouldn't be considered an outlier. Foxy wouldn't keep up with Kizaru just because he possess an attack of the same speed.

I meant that if Luffy at this early point in the series dodged the beam or somesuch.

That feat is Sub-Rel, and the scaling should be discussed in another thread (either accepting or rejecting it).

They aren't lasers, but they do function similar to things like EMR waves which are light speed. Anyway, given the information, I think Foxy can have speed of light attack speed, but I don't think it should scale to anyone's reactions. I also recall that his beams do bounce off mirrors and swords similar to how sunlight can bounce of metal objects.

So Speed of Light attack speed via Slow Go seems fine to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back