• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

200.gif

You're kinda supposed to go with him
you to wise monke monke, you're highly respected there

Ah, I've seen this image before. I don't know Japanese, but I remember theories about something in this image being related to Lunarians or a "King's Island" (I hope I'm not confusing).

I'm just curious because I think the world of One Piece is too small besides having 20+ million islands, so I want to try to calculate how big it is.
That image won't get you anything
No island with a known size is there and the only thing that is shown would make it absolutely puny compared to what it should be

That image won't get you anything
No island with a known size is there and the only thing that is shown would make it absolutely puny compared to what it should be
It's in japanese- but if a translator can find which one is Alabasta, then you basically have a size confirmed(ish) island to go off of.

None of them seem to be shaped like Alabasta
It sould be one of the ones in the grandline, not outside of it.

Also to be fair, this was drawn a while ago, no? For all we know Oda added things or something? Although the sketch is the one valid one out of several. It's at least somewhat more accurate than other versions he sketched.

Last edited:
That's kinda like a concept art on how it should look...

I would say this is much more reliable
000-02.jpg
004.jpg
Where's that from? Also alabasta is the fifth island on the grand line, and if the calcs of its size based on the river are accurate-- A tiny portion of the Grandline is just as if not bigger than our planet.

Where's that from? Also alabasta is the fifth island on the grand line, and if the calcs of its size based on the river are accurate-- A tiny portion of the Grandline is just as if not bigger than our planet.
One Piece Final Answer

I calc-ed the op world but it's a map so I don't think it's accurate, what should be accurate tho is probably the islands on the map

One Piece Final Answer

I calc-ed the op world but it's a map so I don't think it's accurate, what should be accurate tho is probably the islands on the map
Gotcha. Yeah, no, the island is massive and there are no islands nearby it in the manga, which means the distance between it and the island before/after it is ridiculous. (Dozens of times its own distance at least))
The OP world is huge- but figuring out HOW huge it is, is difficult.

Back