• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

Chapter 1110 spoilers

how akainu can be stronger than oden?
Luffy reached Oden's level in chapter 1037 and by that time he only used up to Gear 3 with Hao. Kizaru was able to clash and show to have the upper hand against every version of Luffy up until Gear 5 Luffy's stronger attacks (White Star Gun, Gigantification, etc.), which are all superior to Gear 3 with Hao. Akainu is superior to Kizaru by quite a bit via narrative and statements.

Luffy reached Oden's level in chapter 1037 and by that time he only used up to Gear 3 with Hao. Kizaru was able to clash and show to have the upper hand against every version of Luffy up until Gear 5 Luffy's stronger attacks (White Star Gun, Gigantification, etc.), which are all superior to Gear 3 with Hao. Akainu is superior to Kizaru by quite a bit via narrative and statements.
Why does Luffy need to be at oden level in chapter 1037?

Statements that were made:
-"I can't remember the last time I was challenged to a serious 1v1!"
Kaidou said: "I wonder how long it's been since I fought someone who could truly go toe to toe with me!!"

The only other person who was capable of doing this was Oden.

On top of that, Luffy at that point was also directly compared to Oden:

It's clear that by that point he reached that level.

He is just saying that Luffy made him feel the same as in his battle with Oden, you can struggle the same with stronger opponents if you are stronger yourself, and Kaido didn't even use Hybrid against Oden.

He is just saying that Luffy made him feel the same as in his battle with Oden, you can struggle the same with stronger opponents if you are stronger yourself, and Kaido didn't even use Hybrid against Oden.
I don't know if you agree with me or not. Yes, Luffy made Kaidou feel the same way Oden did, which is why Luffy is at least Oden level by that time since (like you said), Kaidou didn't use Hybrid against Oden.

Kaidou said: "I wonder how long it's been since I fought someone who could truly go toe to toe with me!!"

The only other person who was capable of doing this was Oden.

On top of that, Luffy at that point was also directly compared to Oden:

It's clear that by that point he reached that level.

That says "since Oden." It doesn't make him comparable or stronger. It only compares him to everyone AFTER Oden.

Yo guys I had a weird dream today and part of it had One Piece involved. It was seemingly a movie style scenario and the first part had Luffy fighting Crocodile (this is Yonko Luffy btw) and he beats him with a Red Roc.

The second part is Luffy versus what I think was the main villain of the film and he goes Gear 5 against him but it's a tough fight. At the end he pulls out a Gatling version of Red Hawk in G5 (so every punch is a flaming blow) and while he's pummeling the villain he has this vision of someone who's seemingly also in Gear 5 doing a similar move and Luffy's confused. The dream ended there sadly, but I think that was supposed to be Joyboy who Luffy had a vision about, and for some reason Joyboy looked similar to Lucio from Overwatch with Street Fighter 6's Dee Jay's clothes (but the hair and clothes were white and purple since Gear 5).

Sorry, just really wanted to put this out there before I forgot about it.

Last edited:
Yo guys I had a weird dream today and part of it had One Piece involved. It was seemingly a movie style scenario and the first part had Luffy fighting Crocodile (this is Yonko Luffy btw) and he beats him with a Red Roc.

The second part is Luffy versus what I think was the main villain of the film and he goes Gear 5 against him but it's a tough fight. At the end he pulls out a Gatling version of Red Hawk in G5 (so every punch is a flaming blow) and while he's pummeling the villain he has this vision of someone who's seemingly also in Gear 5 doing a similar move and Luffy's confused. The dream ended there sadly, but I think that was supposed to be Joyboy who Luffy had a vision about, and for some reason Joyboy looked similar to Lucio from Overwatch with Street Fighter 6's Dee Jay's clothes (but the hair and clothes were white and purple since Gear 5).

Sorry, just really wanted to put this out there before I forgot about it.
How would y'all rate this if it was a movie? Of course it's pretty bare bones in terms of content but how would you feel if a movie had these scenes in them?

I don't understand why so few people think kaido>shanks 🥴
042-043.jpg

"四皇"カイドウとの小競り合いはつい昨日の事

↑ エース救出に向かう白ひげの首を取らんと画策!制止した赤髪と衝突するなど、好戦的。
———————————————
The skirmish with the "Four Emperors" Kaidou happened only yesterday!

↑ He plots to take the head of Whitebeard, who is on his way to rescue Ace! He is belligerent, clashing with Red Hair who stopped him.
Because truth is truth.

Kaido ain't got the power shanks has showed with conquerors haki, the one power that the strongest use

would even say old whitebeard has more power

Kaido might have greater physical durability tho, but he lacks Haki compared to shanks, he says it himself how powerful haki is 😴

Last edited:

0921-004.png

Don't remember that 🤔...

Bro... Is this now the 3rd time, LIFE IS REPEATING ITSELF, I REMEMBER KACHON DEFENDING THIS AND THEN I SAID I REMEMBER KACHON SAYING THIS AND THEN I GOT ATTACKED BY YOU EVIL!!!

🙉 this not ok, this must mean I have unfinished business I need to do... Sanji doesn't care about okiku at all if he learns that Kiku isn't born a girl.

Back