• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread Twelve Amazon Lily

Does everyone agree that Zoro's final bounty will exceed WB's ? (Especially if he defeats the boss of the WG :) )

@ant:

A tweet of someone saying that Captain John is the same captain John, not official tho. OP wikia has him listed as the same character tho

Okay. Can somebody remind me what we know of the other mentioned crew members for Rocks?

Antvasima said:
Okay. Can somebody remind me what we know of the other mentioned crew members for Rocks?
There's good old Shiki who goes on to be a rival of WB and Garp, who we have listed as their equal in strength.

the other 2 seem unknown.

Someone has pointed out that Weevil's mom was shown on the same ship as a young WB so she may be a member. Lots of people speculate Rayleigh's girlfriend was a member. I've even seen a theory that Mihawk has some connection to it.

Golden Lion is Shikki who fought Roger 27 years ago which was called Edd War.

Captain John is likely the Captain John from Triller Bark who had a treasure that Buggy wanted.

Silver Axe and Ochoku are new names but I think one of them is likely Shakky. As she was chased by Garp 40 years ago and Oda dodged the question when asked if Shakky was part of Rocks in SBS vol. 90.

Mihawk can't be a member he's only 43 years old. Weevil's mom (Bakkin) was on the same crew as Whitebeard 40 years ago so yes she was likely a Rocks pirate

Damage3245 said:
By the way, this new information about Shanks only becoming an Emperor 6 years ago does call into question Mihawk scaling directly to 6-B.
We don't know how powerful Shanks was at the time he fought him.
Not nessessarly as Whitebeard considered the fights between Mihawk and Shanks to be legendary and was susprised Shanks lost his arm. Which does imply that Whitebeard did think Shanks was pretty strong back then.

@Damage:

Also Mihawk's vivre card says he's waiting for someone stronger than Shanks to challenge him indicating he is equal to if not stronger than Shanks. He should also be above Kizaru (a swordsman) who was fairly evenly matched with WB (Also 6B)

I think Beckmann should be upgraded to 6B since his vivre card says he is equal to Shanks.

The Calaca said:
Fun fact, before I got into One Piece I believed Teach was related to Roger (like being his son or younger brother).
I wouldn't discard such a possibility, but considering Shirohige knew who Rocks was I kinda doubt he wouldn't notice that one of his former sons is the son of his late captain. Heck, he probably noticed that Ace was Roger's son back in the day just looking at his wanted poster.
Funny, it is my theory that Rocks is the father of Shanks and the reason WB made comment about his "face" making his scar hurt.

Well... Oda just dropped a bomb on us... again... Those Yonko Bounties, a new pirate named Rocks who was erased along with the Rocks Pirates, Garp is stronger than I thought and he teamed up with Roger to defeat them and the Yonko's in God Valley which was erased, God Damnit Oda, you can't just drop so many things that raise questions all at once, I'm sure Imu erased the war between Roger and Rocks, also the bounties of the Yonko are probably the closest to powerscaling the Yonko at the moment

LordWhis said:
Does anyone see Luffy vs Akainu and Zoro vs Blackbeard happening ? He'll be the perfect person to beat Blackbeard, due to not having a devil fruit.
I could also see Imu-sama be Zoro's final enemy, due to being a swordsman.
Based on what? Blackbeard and Zoro don't have any connections.

If there is going to be a massive battle between Straw Hats and the Blackbead Crew, Zoro would most likely fight Shiryu.

Blackbeard vs Luffy is simply inevitable, as the former will be Luffy's last opponent to defeat before becoming the Pirate King.

For Akainu, either Luffy (as second-to-last boss fight before facing Im-sama) or better it would be Sabo.

LordWhis said:
Does anyone think Luffy is carrying on Rocks' will and Teach is carrying on Roger's will. Luffy is against the WG while BB will probably ally with them.

Also we now know that Pirate King was an idea that existed before Roger became it.
I don't see how Luffy is carrying Rock's will, considering that Rock was trying to actually conquer the world rather than having ultimate freedom, the same with Blackbeard.

And to be frank, we don't know why Roger decided to save the World Nobles, for sure it wasn't because the was pro WG, it could be that he wanted to save the slaves or he just wanted to defeat Rock.

Luffy vs Akainu needs to happen, Akain us the one who gave Luffy his scar, plus he's the one who killed Ace right in front of him, I feel like Sabo defeating Akainu would not feel as emotionally driven

Luffy vs Kaido, Luffy vs Blackbeard, Luffy vs Akainu, and Luffy vs Final Villain (Probably Imu) all need to happen, at least in some form

Sabo can't beat Akainu, their devil fruits are on a relationship of superiority.

@demon: leave a few opponents for the second protagonist. (Especially the swordsman !)

@stefano: I think BB might have an involvement in the second murder.

Luffy+Zoro vs Kadio=Dead is more likely with how things are being set up.

I love how Oda gives the MCs a power up or a means for defeat or atleast fight the antagonists only for the antagonists to become even more unbeatable like how Kaido jsut teamed up with BM now that it seemed that they had a means to defeat him

Based on what? Blackbeard and Zoro don't have any connections.

If there is going to be a massive battle between Straw Hats and the Blackbead Crew, Zoro would most likely fight Shiryu.

Blackbeard vs Luffy is simply inevitable, as the former will be Luffy's last opponent to defeat before becoming the Pirate King.

For Akainu, either Luffy (as second-to-last boss fight before facing Im-sama) or better it would be Sabo.

LordWhis said:
Does anyone think Luffy is carrying on Rocks' will and Teach is carrying on Roger's will. Luffy is against the WG while BB will probably ally with them.

Also we now know that Pirate King was an idea that existed before Roger became it.
I don't see how Luffy is carrying Rock's will, considering that Rock was trying to actually conquer the world rather than having ultimate freedom, the same with Blackbeard.

And to be frank, we don't know why Roger decided to save the World Nobles, for sure it wasn't because the was pro WG, it could be that he wanted to save the slaves or he just wanted to defeat Rock.

Better to just wait and see

LordWhis said:
Sabo can't beat Akainu, their devil fruits are on a relationship of superiority
Skill and tactics can overcome that disadvantage.

funny I remember Damage and Whis had this exact same conversation in a previous discussion thread.

Damage3245 said:
By the way, this new information about Shanks only becoming an Emperor 6 years ago does call into question Mihawk scaling directly to 6-B.
Agreed.

Damage3245 said:
What you propose?

Considering what we have see in Marineford and the hype, at very minimum he should easily scale to Top Yonko Commanders like Jozu and Marco.

Although considering how he was willing to test himself again Whitebeard, it may suggest that he is more comparable to Admirals, maybe potentially as strong as a Yonko (because Dracule could have got much stronger over time).

So maybe we can put him at "Likely Small Country level, potentially Country level".

@Stefano; I'd just scale him to Vista until we get more feats.

@AstralKing7; doesn't this chapter disprove that theory? Kaido and Big Mom are supposedly much stronger today than they were in the past.

If you wanna go off hype even Whitebeard acknowledges Mihawk's duels with Shanks as legendary and he has the Worlds strongest swordsman title (even if best swordsmen may not necessarily imply he's the strongest ever).

Hyping up his duel as legendary doesn't really mean anything concrete.

Well Garp, Whitebeard Rayleigh Ect are all in there 70's and they all acknowledged there past there prime.

Shanks is still relatively young and healthy.

Back