• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread Twelve Amazon Lily

Sakazuki just said that the marines don't have the manpower to interfere right now.

Well I don't know how Luffy will deal 2 emperor at the same time without Top Tiers helping him. Shanks is likely the ones will help and maybe BB too but unlikely. Sengoku said there's alot of big shots in Wano so maybe they can ally with Luffy too.

Rocks being in Wano is definitely interesting. For once it'd make no sense that Kaido is unaware of this, but Rocks is the legend Oda foreshadowed this year to be the biggest threat the Straw Hats will face. I'm pretty sure about it, especially now that we know that Shirohige was part of the crew as well and Oda said that this "legend" was somehow related with Newgate.

My God this chapter. The biggest bounties are really something. What we seen as unbelievable with Teach isn't even the standard for the rest of them.

Garp and Roger allied to fight Rocks? Rocks D. Xebec? So three Ds fihgting on the same scenario? That'd be a carnage for sure.

By the way, this new information about Shanks only becoming an Emperor 6 years ago does call into question Mihawk scaling directly to 6-B.

We don't know how powerful Shanks was at the time he fought him.

Fun fact, before I got into One Piece I believed Teach was related to Roger (like being his son or younger brother).

I wouldn't discard such a possibility, but considering Shirohige knew who Rocks was I kinda doubt he wouldn't notice that one of his former sons is the son of his late captain. Heck, he probably noticed that Ace was Roger's son back in the day just looking at his wanted poster.

Luffy vs Big Mom

Zoro vs Kaido

I'm calling it !

Also, guesses for Mihawk's bounty ? I'm expecting around 4.5 Billion to 5.1 Billion beri.

Also, Rocks had a sword in his hand- the old WSS confirmed !

Thought it could be argued that Imu-sama is the real WSS !

If Roger beat WB and Shiki's boss, does that mean that they aren't actually as strong as him and how can WB, Rocks' underling have a higher bounty than him ?

Who knows. Newgate might have grown way stronger than his captain. Kaido and Linlin are confirmed to be stronger than they were at that time.

I forgot about Shiki. My God. Who tFFFF is Rocks to handle that many monsters?

IIRC Captain John is the pirate whose treasure Buggy have been looking for his whole life and he was shown as a zombie in Thriller Bark.

I doubt Oda would introduce two different Captain Johns, so it's most likely the same.

So a lot of legends in a single crew.

MrDrProfessorPatricio said:
Rocks D. Teach confirmed?!?!?
If Blackbeard is Rocks' son, that would be very interesting.

The Calaca said:
Rocks is the legend Oda foreshadowed this year to be the biggest threat the Straw Hats will face.
?

Anyway, I really like what Oda is doing. One Piece is easily the best comicbook in the world right now.

I don't remember the exact date, but between end of 2018 and beginnings of 2019 Oda said in a festival that this year a legend related to Shirohige would make its appareance, being the biggest threat to Luffy to date.

I was scared about said legend being Bullet, dismissing such title to a non-canon movie. But gladly that's not the case anymore.

@LordWhis

I despise virtually everything that Jason Aaron has done to destroy the character and his setting, so I strongly disagree.

The Calaca said:
I don't remember the exact date, but between end of 2018 and beginnings of 2019 Oda said in a festival that this year a legend related to Shirohige would make its appareance, being the biggest threat to Luffy to date.

I was scared about said legend being Bullet, dismissing such title to a non-canon movie. But gladly that's not the case anymore.
Okay. I hope that you are right.

Anyway, don't be tricked by Blackbeard's lower bounty. He can neutralise the powers of his opponents, and also systematically makes his crew as powerful as possible. He is playing things smart, and not mainly relying on his own power like Kaido and Big Mom. In addition Shiliew and Catarina Devo are perfectly adapted for infiltration and causing chaos among his enemies.

Does anyone see Luffy vs Akainu and Zoro vs Blackbeard happening ? He'll be the perfect person to beat Blackbeard, due to not having a devil fruit.

I could also see Imu-sama be Zoro's final enemy, due to being a swordsman.

Does anyone think Luffy is carrying on Rocks' will and Teach is carrying on Roger's will. Luffy is against the WG while BB will probably ally with them.

Also we now know that Pirate King was an idea that existed before Roger became it.

Anyone think there's a connection between Ryuuma and Rocks ?

Oh yeah, one of the Road Poneglyph is considered lost according to Nekomamushi, and the God Valley is a lost island, both in location and on the map.

Could these two pieces of information be connected? Could the last Poneglyph be on God Valley? Would the Straw Hats have to find this missing island on their quest to reach Laugh Tale?

Does anyone think Kizaru should be upgraded to 6B ? He and WB were pretty much evenly matched, with Kizaru even having the advantage.

To put things into perspective of Rock's time

Shanks would have been 1 year old at this time

Roger would have already met Rayleigh

Katakuri would already have his scarf.

Also, is it pretty much confirmed now that BM, Roger and Rocks were all swordsmen.

So, EOS Zoro > all of them ?

In Whiskey peak, Zoro asked luffy what was stronger swords or fists. Maybe Garp was the fist (Luffy) and Roger the sword (Zoro).

Also, did that final drawing confirm that Roger and Rayleigh, as well as Shanks and Beckmann had an Inuarashi-Nekomamushi relationship ?

Js250476 said:
To things into perspective of Rock's time
Shanks would have been 1 year old at this time

Roger would have already met Rayleigh

Katakuri would already have his scarf.
Shank's growth rate puts Katakuri to shame.

Coby's growth rate puts Luffy's growth rate to shame. Coby only needs 2 years becoming a read admiral while Luffy needs 10 years training to set to sea and a 2 year timeskip for his current level.

• Once again, One Piece is trending around the world!!! This mark the third time in a row that One Piece managed to do this!!!
https://mobile.twitter.com/newworldartur/status/1177484875361742852

• Even the official account for the Ch├óteau de Chambord, Oda's inspiration for Pangaea Castle, has decided to tweet about One Piece to celebrate this Reverie arc!!!
https://mobile.twitter.com/newworldartur/status/1177513354350325761

• And it has conquered Reddit
https://mobile.twitter.com/newworldartur/status/1177514585986723846

If the "D." means "Devil" or "Demon", I think that Luffy should have an EOS bounty of 6,666,666,666 Beri. ;)

I wonder about Monkey D. Dragon's bounty.

What do the Twitter links say?

Back