• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread Eighteen Punk Hazard

@PaChi - Arlong causing Nami to suffer greatly (when Nami was new to Luffy) and Crocodile being someone Luffy just started a fight with is a FAR-CRY from having beef with people who legit killed his brother who he has known for years and loved.

Luffy doesn't hold it against Crocodile (the 2 murder attempts) because they are pirates, and he only ever wanted to take him down simply because they were on opposing sides, and because Vivi asked Luffy for help (being his motivation in the first place).

As for Arlong, yeah, he was angry at him for what he did to Nami, but again, the anger he felt towards an enemy hurting a friend is very different than towards someone who killed his brother (and in BB's case, put him in that position in the first place, and going ahead as saying that Luffy is totally at fault for it)

I didnt mean that they were on the same league. Of course Luffy's anger towards BB/Akainu is much bigger.

I feel like Luffy has gone so far without killing an opponent yet that it would be wrong to ruin that streak even for the Yonko like Kaido or Big Mom.

It'd be a weird change, mostly because I doubt Oda would put Luffy under a situation where he has to doubt about killing someone.

Which is a shame since that would hit the narrative like a truck.

Also when are we going to add profiles for Queen and King. Seems weird they're still not up when they have more feats then Benn. Should profiles be aded for Yasoop and Roo as well or is it too soon to equate them with top three officers?

I think it's fine for us to assume they are the top officers. Unlike even Katakuri or king they were mentioned when hyping up shanks' bounty. The only issue is there isn't much point in a profile for them as they sort of have no real known abilities.

Neither does Benn. For the sake of consistency they should get some OR else Benn's should be removed.

Greg works very closely with Oda's editorial staff etc, I trust what he says. He seems to be implying that the interview's third paragraph wasn't talking about wano rather the final arc, but the other paragraphs were talking about wano.
IMG 20200327 141228

Not going to lie that screencap just enforces the notion Oda is talking about Wano . . .

But as I said, I'll keep an open mind.

I still can't get over people wanting to scale Queen to Big Mom over him headbutting her, and jogging her memory when she wasn't even actually hurt. But imho, characters at Queen's level should logically be capable of at least holding their own against a Yonko (never have a chance to win, but actually put up some kind of fight, yes).

That being said, I'm still annoyed we have the break this week in particular when the plot is reaching a point we've already waited all of last year for. I really want to see Luffy tear stuff up. Specifically my idea that he clashes with Queen to show his development, and just lay waste to the dude (Or give Sanji that fight since he's been on the back-burner for a while now)

Kid and killer Vs queen would also really be deserved, but above all else I want to see Apoo Vs Kid.

I really want to see Zoro Vs Smoothie, he currently hasn't fought any strong female swordsman yet that he's taken seriously so it would be good for him imo to either prove or disprove Tashgi's statement about him.

Eminiteable said:
Kid and killer Vs queen would also really be deserved, but above all else I want to see Apoo Vs Kid.
I really want to see Zoro Vs Smoothie, he currently hasn't fought any strong female swordsman yet that he's taken seriously so it would be good for him imo to either prove or disprove Tashgi's statement about him.
Yeah I wouldn't mind those two taking revenge on Queen. Give Kidd fans something and the battle tactics could actually be interesting. Not My first choice but a good one all the same.

Assuming Sanji will yet again be used as a tool to show how strong a villain character (king or queen, or even jack) is, or is thrown in the background for this arc, I believe Kid and Killer vs Queen is the most likely fight to happen if Queen will be fully involved in the battle.

@Fix - Eh, Queen just doesn't seem like a person who is going to leave a huge impact on the battle. I like the character, but I strongly believe if any big-shot is going to be used to display Luffy's new developed power, it will be Queen more than anyone else (Jack is less likely due to 0 interaction with Luffy, and Inu having personal business with him. King being taken out by Luffy would be anti-climactic for a character hyped up to be Kaido's #1 dude, and a person that Big Mom actually wants part of her crew. But I will not rule out the idea that Luffy will CLASH with King before Zoro takes over).

Queen has trolled Luffy and insulted him to his face, so it'd be perfect for Luffy to come in and either equal Queen's fighting ability in his BASE form, or outright incapacitate him and move on--to which Queen would eventually get back up (Zoan and all) and end up fighting either Kid/Killer or Sanji.

Like I said in an earlier post, i believe this battle will be similar in structure to the Enies Lobby section of Water 7. So it comes to my mind that Queen will run into Luffy.

I dislike getting to far ahead of the story. Doing so only leads to developing biases and dissapointment when events don't go as you made true in your head (Or dissapoinment that Oda did not surprise you if ya got it right).

I don't see Queen being jobbed to Super!Luffy because I don't see anyone jobbing to Super!Luffy Because I don't beleive Luffy has gotten that much stronger since he got trashed. It hasn't happened in the manga and if it hasn't happened it doesn't need to be factored.

Luffy might do just that, or he might not. Either way I don't expect/need it to happen so I'll enjoy the result regardless.

All I'm doing is explaining what I want/think to happen in the coming fight. Honestly, I can't begin to factor where the plot is going to go after this specific arc since the ending is too difficult to determine at this point.

I do think Luffy has gotten really strong, just not nearly so to defeat Kaido. But everyone else (in the battle, not including Big Mom because I doubt she will participate) is fair game at this point.

Since nobody has said anything about it, I'll.

Due to the recent global crisis, some editorials in Japan have been thinking about starting a quarantine too now that there are a few confirmed cases there in the country. Some sources even say one of those cases were found on one of the editorials' employees.

It's very likely that Shueisha will stick to the quarantine when the time comes if the situation gets even worse. But right now there's no confirmation that it's doing the quarantine.

This, of course, might affect the manga serialization, but it exists the possibility of getting digital releases anyway.

Fishmen are supposed to be 10 times stronger than the average human and in water they've got double the power and speed.

it's accepted for arlong so it should be, there's a few times where it's come up and i think specifically for arlong he was supposed to have it added after a thread but it sort of just got forgotten.

Back