• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread Eighteen Punk Hazard

@David considering she has had triplets, quintuplets and even... tenplets? It's totally possible.

@LordWhis the wat?

It's a theory that Mother Carmel possessed Linlin at some point when she was a child. And when she almost drowned and started acting like Kid Linlin again that was because sonehow the possession was temporarily disabled.

Ten-what-plets? With unwilling husbands wasn't it?

I remember reading the whole cake arc and thinking she was kinda gross but I couldn't remember y I thought that. Now it's coming back to me.

@LordWhis is there any argument to support this? Any evidence or hint?

@David unwilling all of them, yes. She basically rapes men to get pregnant.

She had ten children on a single shot.

Mainly to do with how she acts like a completely different person in Wano and calls herself Lublin. The theory is that that is her true conscience.

if that theory is true i really hope the conclusion to the wano arc isn't Big Mom breaking free and being her own person and then allying witht he strawhats. And as for Kaido him being effected by the Kibi Dango thus making him an ally to the strawhats.

Would suck but it's possible...

I could see it happening with Big Mom after she is defeated (maybe a really powerful CoC infused swords slash destroys the possession?). I really hope it doesn't happen with Kaido and the kibi dango that would just be lame.

Decuplets, yeah.

I have heard of quintuplets at most.

But this is Big Mom who we're talking about. She's huge AF and killed a giant at the age of 5. She can stand that.

LordWhis said:
What do people feel about the Mother Carmel possessed Linlin theory ?
Soru-Soru hasnt shown that ability.

Kid Mom ate Mother Caremel and everyone in her party (hinted).

As long as everyone gets their spotlight, I'm fine.

Luffy needs to land a serious blow to Big Mom and Kaido (I suspect Kaido to outright die this arc due to a plot-twist or Luffy's forces getting HEAVILY reinforced by his fleet, Marco + remnants of WB's crew, Nekomamushi, and potentially Boa Hancock if she were forced to flee from Amazon Lily [BTW, i'm pretty certain Fujitora was part of the group sent for her since we last see him on the calm belt due to sea kings being shown around his ship]).

Things really don't look good for either Big Mom or Kaido. Kaido has to fight the Main Protag, and potentially any reinforcements, and Big Mom's territory is pretty vulnerable if she left only Katakuri and Cracker there.

My Yonko death-chart: Kaido (Via Luffy's forces) -> Big Mom (Indeterminate, probably via Blackbeard since he's the only one not doing anything right now) -> Blackbeard (via Luffy) -> Shanks (Indeterminate. I doubt Luffy would EVER want to kill him. He wants to surpass and beat him, but never kill him) in that order.

Sanji isn't a supernova.

Also Law has had 2 moments of relevance and gotten stomped by Hawkins. Kidd has been even more nondescript until the last chapter. Zoro has at least had a lot of screen time. Kicked ass and taken names. He's had a much better arc than those 2.

Luffy will beat the strongest enemy

And Zoro will beat the 2nd strongest enemy who is also a swordsman, well in this case, swordsWOMAN.

That's how it always has been for 20 years, no reason to change now.

I'm sort of annoyed how Oda has treated Kid. We literally don't see him for the majority of the arc and his last words were he's done with alliances and that he will do his own thing... Yet next time we see him he's in an alliance with no progression or development...

Law calling Luffy a loser after the events of dressrosa seems really forced.

CinCameron20 said:
My Yonko death-chart: Kaido (Via Luffy's forces) -> Big Mom (Indeterminate, probably via Blackbeard since he's the only one not doing anything right now) -> Blackbeard (via Luffy) -> Shanks (Indeterminate. I doubt Luffy would EVER want to kill him. He wants to surpass and beat him, but never kill him) in that order.
If Shanks doesn't get kill by Blackbeard (because Luffy and him had to keep their promise), i can see him dying to either Akainu or Im-sama during the final fight.

@LordWhis What does Sanji not being a Supernova have to do with anything??

I personally wouldn't call what Hawkins did to Law a stomp. Law couldn't even fight back in that situation because Hawkins had linked his dolls to Law's captured crew. But we saw that Law had no problems defeating Hawkins at the jail when he was able to fight back. As for Kid, I actually expect him to get a lot of shine during the war. Unfortunately, even more so than some of my favorite characters.

While Zoro beating Big Mom would be awesome (as well as watching all hell break loose in One Piece Power Scale Discussions everywhere XD), it's just not happening. Big Mom is Luffy's opponent. When Oda has Luffy say he's going to kick a character's ass as many times as he said about Big Mom, usually he kicks that character's ass.

Zoro's opponent will most likely be the second strongest in Kaido's Crew, King.

I'm sure of a few things in the coming fight

1) No one will have an all out fight with one other character. Too many players on the board and too much chaos for that to happen. Look at Marineford and remember that is described as "cute" compared to Wano.

2) Plans will not go as planned because they just never do. This fight will probably break out into the flower capital.

3) The Yonko will be nerfed in some way. Look at SickBeard, I Surrender Roger, Ganged up on Shiki and probably ganged up on Xebec. Even Big Mom was nerfed recently.

4) Big Mom will betray Kaido and/or the other way around. It is described as the nature of pirates and it is certainly the nature of Big Mom. Orochi may factor in as well.

Beyond that all cards are on the table.

Shiki fought Sengoku and Garp. How is that nerfing him?

Roger surrendering isn't a nerf either. Wtf.

Shiki's capture didn't serve any real purpose in canon. And the bastard fought two God Tiers by himself. If anything, that's wanking him.

Roger didn't even fight back. That's what surrender means.

Use another term next time.

I don't see Zoro fighting big mom.

But Zoro will definitely do something significant this arc purely based on the idea that he would be given the title of "Sword God", a title introduced in one piece that Oda could have used as a throw away title only in thriller bark, however, it's been brought up several times again in wano with Zoro present.

I think Zoro would get a title like that (at least in wano) due to his dream of being the greatest swordsman under heaven.

I don't think beating king is enough to warrant a title like that in all honesty so I can see him fighting king to learn how to cut and use fire attacks but I think he will perform a feat greater to warrant him having the title.

PaChi2 said:
Kaido actually dying to Luffy would be... Weird to say the least.

Luffy hasnt killed anyone thus far.
Considering the circumstances, Luffy might actually want to murder Akainu and Blackbeard rn. Kaido's death is something i suspect Big Mom to pull after realizing his Beast Pirates "aren't so powerful afterall", so she cuts her losses and abandons him while Kaido just gets zoned out by thousands of Luffy's alliance.

Why do people even assume Wano will be like Marineford?

If anything, the battle of Onigashima seems more akin to a reinvented Water 7/Enies Lobby battle arc. The entire alliance standing in for the "Rocket-Man" sea-train, all of the main cast would be getting their fights in (Zoro vs King, Sanji vs Queen [preferably after Luffy shows him who's boss], Inu vs Jack, etc etc... hopefully we see Kin'emon vs Kanjuro though--if anything from the side-characters), and the stand-in for the Going Merry "saving everyone" would be Luffy's Grand Fleet, Marco + Neko, and anyone else who happens to show up.

Dr.Fix said:
^Disagree. Those two are the most likely to die by Luffy's hand in a straight fight.
Luffy as of now doesnt have any business with the Marine. And Akainu, as the Fleet Admiral, wont go hunting pirates just like Sengoku didnt.

SupremeGilgamesh said:
Luffy?

Kill?

Get Out
Believe it or not, Luffy may be driven to outright attempt murder on the people who caused his older brother to die in front of him. He seems to show nothing but disdain towards both BB and Akainu. While this can be argued for other characters, Luffy never had any particular reason to despise any of the previous antagonists. Luffy may have gotten over Ace's death at the end of the day, but imagine if Sabo were executed by Akainu as well. Luffy would definitely be thrown over the edge.

"Luffy never had any particular reason to despise..."

I could argue Arlong, Crocodrile (guy almost kills him twice).

Back