• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread Eighteen Punk Hazard

they grant higher power but there isn't a given multiplier; for pre-timeskip the higher for diable jambe is given to sanji, but, post-timeskip considering most his 7-A feats are from diable jambe it means the higher isn't used. Carrot is unknown in both forms so it isn't really important yet.

Doesn't Sanji survive and slightly tank some of Kuroobi's attacks while underwater? So you could maybe argue "At least High 8-C, Possibly 8-B durability" for Sanji and likely the Monster Trio as a whole during the East Blue.

Bless God Usopp on the day we were blessed by his presence https://youtu.be/dj1AjKndeQ4

Since it is his special day who thinks Usoop will surpass Sanji?

Also, what role will he play in the coming battle?

@Fix surpass Sanji? No. I think Usopp, while being clearly below the Monster Trio and Jinbe, might become quite strong in the crew, being more or less comparable to the rest. Although I see him as one of the weakest SH EoS with Nami, considering the rest of the band is full of monsters.

I have no idea of his role in the next battle.

Ohh sorry, it was the only place I coule find SBS translations; if it helps next time I will simply take screen caps of the info.

I really hope Oda throws us a curveball in regards to Zoro and his possible ties to Wano as one of the Shimotsuki. All of the Monster Trio don't need to come from a special family, imo. It would just be fine if he was linked to Wano through Koushiro and Kuina.

I'm not overly bothered since Zoro still proved in his backstory that he worked everyday for what he got and it wasn't due to any natural talent.

hey guys so i have a possible upgrade for the skypiea arc i was watching it and found something interesting and its about the huge plant.

its a really tough plant it withstood the whole island and it didnt even give it a scratch and also ussop was shotting it with explosions and it still didnt do any damge the only damge that the plant took is by zoro,enel and wiper as far as i remember wouldnt that upgrade their dc? coz of how tough the plant is?

We can't stack durability that way.

Zoro slicing the beanstalk isn't a good enough feat and Wyper's Reject Dial is calced at 8-A level.

Looks like shading, I feel we shouldn't assume close up shots are signs of hardening until it's explicitly shown.

At last all the Straw Hats are united.

Also, an actual naval fight? I'm surprise that we have to way for this long, considering that this is a series about pirates, i'm curious to see how Oda is going to handle this type of fight.

Jinbei has finally officially joined the crew as the helmsman. Nice. Also Kanjuro blocked an attack from Kawamatsu. So I guess he's likely High 7-A now. The naval battle this chapter was kinda short but still cool.

I expected Jinbe to show up towards the middle of the battle rather than the early stages (Well, i was also worried he died off-panel because there were so many flags). Now it's going to get spicy. These Beast Pirates don't stand a chance on the water if the knight of the sea is against them. Jinbe could solo all their ships. Looks like the raid is going to happen a lot quicker than expected.

Also, as expected--Kanjuro was holding out on everyone with his ability. He's got some interesting powers now (His abilities could probably be limited only by his imagination at this point. Watch him draw a Momonosuke double to draw in one of the scabbards then ambush them). I can't wait to see him in a serious engagement.

@Ryuga - It really looks like it's just shadows cast by his hair and collar... The neck is questionable, but i wouldn't assume he's using Koka until we see clear indication.

On another note, now the favor has fallen to Luffy's alliance greatly. 3 Supernova captains, a former Shichibukai (who's basically going to control all of the ocean action), and the 8 (since Kanjuro is out of the picture) Scabbards on top of many other notable combatants (Each of the Straw-hats, but namely Zoro and Sanji).

A Yonko is going to have to step in 100% to stop them. I wonder if Kaido will finally make a move :)

Another great chapter! Although I'm shocked Zoro didn't appear in it at all.

Jinbei showing up to save the day was a very pleasant surprise. I knew he would show up in Wano, but not this soon. Still, even with this new development I think the initial raid on Onigashima will end in failure.

Judging by the exchange between Sanji and Robin, looks like Robin figured out there was a spy among the Alliance. No surprise there. I had a feeling but couldn't really tell in the last chapter, but now I know she's wearing the same ninja attire from the Chapter 929 color spread.

And Kanjuro as an antagonist continues to get more and more interesting. I wonder if Kanjuro will tell Kaido about the Road Poneglyphs and Robin after he arrives with Momonosuke.

Btw, the color spread for the new chapter sucked. Oda could've kept that one to himself.

Back