• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread Eighteen Punk Hazard

If he sees Linlin's leaving as "fate" I could totally see him going nuclear on WCI. Going for Pluton over Laugh-Tale could be a possibility still.

So are we gonna take Sanji being SoL with the Raid Suit legitimately?

This could maybe another supporting evidence that (very unlikely to happen) Niji's Tachyon blade or light speed sword statement where he either moves at FTL or Lightspeed

We have to start a discussion about how to handle the anime material now that it's paying more attention to the manga and even adding new stuff that it's canon filler.

I have to restart the Wano arc in the anime so I can find as much arguments as possible, but I think we can reasonably use some material from the anime.

Unless it's material explicitily created by Oda, I don't think the anime in general should be given much weight.

But I'll wait and see what is presented.

MrDrProfessorPatricio said:
So are we gonna take Sanji being SoL with the Raid Suit legitimately?

This could maybe another supporting evidence that (very unlikely to happen) Niji's Tachyon blade or light speed sword statement where he either moves at FTL or Lightspeed
We're not taking anime statements/feats as canon, as many of them outright contradict the manga, or are inconsistent.

@Calaca - I'm still firmly against this notion simply due to the fact that once we decide to take the anime as canon from like... say episode 920 onwards, there will be arguments to do the same for everything before-hand--despite numerous clashes between anime and manga scenes and consistency.

• Also, I seriously doubt the anime is going to stay consistent to the manga. It tends to jump back and forth between being entirely canon to being quite messy (see Alabasta, Skypeia, Enies Lobby and especially Thriller Bark and Marineford).
(inb4 people try to argue filler and films being justifiable to add to the profiles, even though this would make Zoro >> Everyone minus the Yonko--which Zoro fans would be all for lmao)

If the discussion is about explicitly from Wano and onwards (although Toei started filling the blank spaces in a much more reasonable way since Whole Cake), those who wants everything considered as canon are simply wrong.

On top of not noticing the difference between filler (G8 arc) and canon filler (Zoro fighting the tiger, the Strawhats fighting the ant army in Whole Cake, etc).

In wano canon filler are events we're told happened in the manga but weren't adapted, imo if they fit this specification and don't contradict anything in the manga it should be fine to use, the only canon filler I can remember off the top of my head are Zoro Vs the Magistrate and Zoro gambling and meeting Tonoyasuie, what these scenes would add for the profile? Idk maybe justification for fear manip coming back for Zoro's profile.

Exactly. Even the fight against the tiger can't be used since the manga says Zoro got lost in Komacchiyo and then started the fight, hile the anime shows that Zoro blocked the tiger's rampage so Luffy could get to Oden's castle.

Eminiteable said:
In wano canon filler are events we're told happened in the manga but weren't adapted, imo if they fit this specification and don't contradict anything in the manga it should be fine to use, the only canon filler I can remember off the top of my head are Zoro Vs the Magistrate and Zoro gambling and meeting Tonoyasuie, what these scenes would add for the profile? Idk maybe justification for fear manip coming back for Zoro's profile.

I agree with this

You become stronger the shorter your legs are.

Irrefutable evidence than all the other Yonko > Shirohige.

At least the alliance managed to get 5000 members.

They still have to fight with too many enemies each to win an all-out battle, but the odds are better now.

With Conquerer's, those 40k soldiers won't mean much. Although, maybe Luffy and Kidd will be prevented from CH'ing those guy's because Kaido and BM are there? Who knows

Speed revisions ahoy.

It's time to change Luffy's Wano key slightly. He should no longer have his Gear 4th weaknesses as of this chapter. He used Bound Man and then deactivated it, and was in perfect condition--no sign of him being incapable of using Haki. He's definitely evolved yet again.

I may be getting ahead of myself, but as of right now, the only thing not confirmed is if he can or can not use Haki after exiting Gear 4th now.

Mr.Cinos15 said:
With Conquerer's, those 40k soldiers won't mean much. Although, maybe Luffy and Kidd will be prevented from CH'ing those guy's because Kaido and BM are there? Who knows

Speed revisions ahoy.
Implying Kaido or BM cant KO 4900 out of the 5000 enemies.

We all know we will get some nice feats for AP.

Haoshoku is an overall unknown factor even today.

Back