• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1070: "The Strongest Form of Humanity" (Official)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to inform you guys i think the "Power of the Verse" section on the One Piece Page still needs updating as well, shouldn't it say the High/God Tiers have Power capable of being threats to Multiple Continents or something?

The extent of power within One Piece has not been fully explored as many of the Top Tiers have not been seen engaging in combat with full power, with the exception of brief confrontations (Whitebeard vs Sakazuki). However, higher tiers of the verse are shown capable of being catastrophic threats to entire Islands and Countries. In terms of physical power, many of the stronger characters are capable of generating energy to partially destroy cities and mountains indirectly with minimal effort.

While I do want to see more from him in an AP side of things, Lucci's defense is most likely in the High 6-A range and you could argue that he's fast enough to not be completely blitzed by Gear 5th (he's always able to react in some way to Luffy's attacks, it's just that he's unable to dodge in time except for the gigant chomp, with the only attack that you could argue blitzed Lucci was the Dawn Rocket), but he is slower (or maybe Luffy's Observation is just too good).

Also, if it's not already there, then we should add in G5's weakness of basically exhausting Luffy completely when he exits out of it (of course Luffy can just use the Drums of Liberation to fully restore his stamina afterwards though lol).

I also appreciate Oda for not just throwing Lucci away immediately, he might've been dunked on by Gear 5th, but that shouldn't mean he poses zero threat, he's still likely in that range where he's still a threat to the Straw Hats, just that the top dogs can match him or overpower him.

Last edited:
Agreed for the most part, but I personally think he still beats Franky (unless Franky lands a Radical Beam, then gg), then is able to match the new monster trio (Zoro, Sanji, and Jinbe) but not quite beat them, and he of course loses to Luffy (as well as the new trio whenever they go full power or close to it), but is at least able to be a threat of sorts.

Way I see it, if he can pierce Franky's armor then yeah it's like you said, he probably wins unless Radical Beam is unleashed.
Sanji would struggle until he uses DJ and IJ and puts him to sleep.
I don't have much to say about Jinbe, I think he might mid diff him ( it'd atleast be harder than his "fight" against Who's Who ).
Zoro and Luffy stomp though.

Bruh it's not even that bad (not good either, but y'all acting as if Sera Boa was sexualized lol).

But yeah, Lucci is an absolute tank. His durability is High 6-A for sure, dude took a beating from an angry Gear 5 beating and had minor injuries.

As for his AP, I'm waiting to see what he, Kaku and Stussy do since he's clearly capable of still fighting.

Still wondering what made him think pissing off a Yonko who he knew was above him a good idea.

Same
Oda has problems
Fr.

Carrot is 15 and was wearing next to nothing in Wano after she got her Beast Pirate Design.

And Sanji's comment in Film Z.

Agreed

I wonder who the woman is.
Looks like Stussy
And it'd make this exchange considerably more meaningful
20221212_114940.png

But yeah, Lucci is an absolute tank. His durability is High 6-A for sure, dude took a beating from an angry Gear 5 beating and had minor injuries.

As for his AP, I'm waiting to see what he, Kaku and Stussy do since he's clearly capable of still fighting.

Still wondering what made him think pissing off a Yonko who he knew was above him a good idea.
Hopefully the masked agents do some cool feats.
Fr.

Carrot is 15 and was wearing next to nothing in Wano after she got her Beast Pirate Design.

And Sanji's comment in Film Z.
I do agree it's weird, but this is a shonen manga, lots of young teenage boys read it.

Was Oda even involved in the dialogue of Film Z?

I find it incredibly funny that if Oda really did mean that Guernica survived Kaidou's attack and it wasn't a mistake or something, then he's actually above Lucci and the others since Lucci got temporarily knocked out by a G5 attack that was considerably weaker than Kaidou's attack.

We don't really know Guernica's current status iirc, just that he survived the bonk and was able to send photos of G5. He could've eventually succumbed to his wounds and died a while later. Or he's perfectly fine rn lol.

I think that Lucci could beat all 9 Scabbards at once, simply due to his durability and his Rokushiki.

Would it be a stomp? No. Would it be close? No.

He would probably get hurt and bleed a bit, but he has Soru to boost his speed, Rankyaku for range, and Tekkai to boost his already absurd durability.

Dude just took a Gear 5 smackdown with minor injuries and recovered quickly.

Izou and Paradise Waterfall could make him bleed, but he'd still defeat them.

I think he's >= Sanji but =< Zoro. He has superior durability but Zoro has much better AP.

I mean, since the Scabbards could hurt Kaidou and open his scar, I doubt Lucci would beat them.
In fact they would probably stomp him, but that's not really embarrassing given the sheer number of powerful opponents he's up against.
Not sure about him being >=Sanji and the Zoro thing, Zoro could take an explosion (among other things) from King while banged up badly from taking Hakai.
It should also be noted that those were rather casual attacks from G5.

I think that Lucci could beat all 9 Scabbards at once, simply due to his durability and his Rokushiki.

Would it be a stomp? No. Would it be close? No.

He would probably get hurt and bleed a bit, but he has Soru to boost his speed, Rankyaku for range, and Tekkai to boost his already absurd durability.

Dude just took a Gear 5 smackdown with minor injuries and recovered quickly.

Izou and Paradise Waterfall could make him bleed, but he'd still defeat them.

I think he's >= Sanji but =< Zoro. He has superior durability but Zoro has much better AP.
Hard disagree to this Lucci wank

Fan translations are out. Too much PIS in this chapter though

Also, having read the chapter, I am fully convinced about Lucci's High 6A durability, but I think High 6A AP is still speculative considering that he doesn't hurt Luffy at all

Last edited:
There's gonna be a lot more of that with Kizaru showing now: He mentioned that you got to aim for the head agaisnt monsters yet he barely does it. Not agaisnt the Supernova, WB or handcuffed Marco. He was gonna do it on Oz Jr yet stopped just because Luffy shows up. He has no obligation to hold back on them since he got allowance from Sengoku to kill early on. What is his thinking proccess like?

Also, having read the chapter, I am fully convinced about Lucci's High 6A durability, but I think High 6A AP is still speculative considering that he doesn't hurt Luffy at all
He's still kicking so let's see what he, Kaku, and Stussy do in the next chapter.

I agree that the moment with the love love beam is weird, but that moment between Jinbe and Sera Boa was adorable lol.

It seems that the attacks are Booming/Dawn White Whip and Rocket.

Lucci passed out like twice in the course of the "fight" (but to his credit, got back up pretty fast)
But to his DF Awakening's credit*
There's gonna be a lot more of that with Kizaru showing now: He mentioned that you got to aim for the head agaisnt monsters yet he barely does it. Not agaisnt the Supernova, WB or handcuffed Marco. He was gonna do it on Oz Jr yet stopped just because Luffy shows up. He has no obligation to hold back on them since he got allowance from Sengoku to kill early on. What is his thinking proccess like?
The explanation here could always be " Luffy turned his lasers to rubber " or if Zoro fights him, that Zoro simply cut the lasers.

Nah Lucci certainly does not scale to High 6-A durability lol.

HIgh 6-A is only for Bajrang Gun, the rest of Gear 5 are still 6-A moves.

Not to mention Luffy wasn't using Haoshoku infusion in his strikes on Lucci too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back