• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1068: A Genius's Dream (Official Translation)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We saw their respective doors opening when Shaka said to unleash them under Sentomaru's command.
image.png

Now, Sentomaru COULD be doing surveillance while watching them, but that's unlikely. It's probably just him coming to combat with them like Koby did in Amazon Lily ( I mean, it obviously failed, but that's because Koby was up against Hancock and Blackbeard lol ).
Then they're on the island then.

I guess the reason Zoro and Brook have been absent for the past couple of chapters is because Zoro is supposed to have a run-in with S-Hawk.

Rob Lucci pulling out his ultimate move to one-shot Atlas makes me think how karmically satisfying it would be if Luffy just unleashed his Bajrang Gun next chapter and one-shots Lucci.

Rob Lucci pulling out his ultimate move to one-shot Atlas makes me think how karmically satisfying it would be if Luffy just unleashed his Bajrang Gun next chapter and one-shots Lucci.
That's what a lot of people would like to see lol

Next week is going to be very interesting. Either lots of people celebrate Luffy one-shotting Lucci or lots of people have a rage fit over Oda having Yonko Luffy struggle against Lucci because he's stronger than some wanted him to be at this point or because Lucci used some other means (like taking a hostage) to get the upper hand.

Poor Koby, he was just trying to do his job on Amazon Lily and ended up a hostage.

I wonder how he's holding up.
He'll get a promotion soon. Blackbeard sees his work as a dishwasher and he appreciates it very much!
Then they're on the island then.

I guess the reason Zoro and Brook have been absent for the past couple of chapters is because Zoro is supposed to have a run-in with S-Hawk.
At this point I wouldn't be surprised if he ran into another brown/tan skinned person and tried to slice them up. I wonder if Oda is doing this intentionally to troll us black people.

He'll get a promotion soon. Blackbeard sees his work as a dishwasher and he appreciates it very much!

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if he ran into another brown/tan skinned person and tried to slice them up. I wonder if Oda is doing this intentionally to troll us black people.
Aren't Mr. 1 and King the only ones?

Are Sentomaru and the other Seraphs even on the island?
Seems like it. We know Seraph Jinbe is and he was one of the commanded seraphs, so the others definitely are. Sentomaru is Vegapunk's personal body guard, so-- probably also there

Last edited:
Seems like it. We know Seraph Jinbe is and he was sone of the commanded seraphs, so the others definitely are. Sentomaru is Vegapunk's personal body guard, so-- probably also there
Since he's so loyal to the World Government and with Kizaru being his uncle, it'll be interesting to see if Sentomaru turns on him. Or if he's one of the good World Government people Vegapunk was telling Dragon about in the flashback during Ch. 1066.

Kuma. The buff girl from Whisky Peak. Pica. Kaidou. etc.
There was a meme about him fighting Monkeys as his training too.
I have to go look at Kuma in color again because I don't remember him being tanned. The same with Pica.

I forgot about his Miss Monday.

Even Kaido's a reason why Zoro's called racist lol?

Since he's so loyal to the World Government and with Kizaru being his uncle, it'll be interesting to see if Sentomaru turns on him. Or if he's one of the good World Government people Vegapunk was telling Dragon about in the flashback during Ch. 1066.
Maybe? He only calls Kizaru uncle for respect. I kinda hope Sentomaru's one of the sword agents that look after Vegapunk if anything

Maybe? He only calls Kizaru uncle for respect. I kinda hope Sentomaru's one of the sword agents that look after Vegapunk if anything
Oh, I thought he called Kizaru uncle because they were blood related.

The reveal that Sentomaru's in Sword would certainly make him a lot more interesting.

Lucci's cool and all but how funny would it be if Demonio Robin snapped his back just to show how big the gap between a yonko crew and CP0 is now-
I'm hard pressed to believe he's making it past Jinbe or Sanji, let alone fight Luffy. But we'll see

I hope he matches either Sanji or Zoro and then fights Jimbei, so we can possibly have High 6-A for both

I don't find there to be a believable way for Lucci to be as strong as the monster trio currently, but we'll see. Maybe he went through his own uber-secret training or something

Please remember that Luffy is far far weaker in base than he is in Gear 5. His dependency on temporary power-up forms is his greatest disadvantage in comparison to other Yonkou-level characters.

Please remember that Luffy is far far weaker in base than he is in Gear 5. His dependency on temporary power-up forms is his greatest disadvantage in comparison to other Yonkou-level characters.
The issue is he split the heavens with Kaido in base.
Then both proceeded to get several amps over the period of their fight. Even in base+Haoshoku Luffy is pretty much yonko tier, even if it's the lowest possible on the Yonko ladder (ignoring buggy)

Hmm. Are you certain that he wasn't at least in Gear 2 at the time?

Nah he was consistently matching hybrid kaidou in base, he started using gear 2nd and 3rd later into the fight which prompted Kaidou to use his shurron hakke state which amps his haki and abilities.

Shows no steam or anything in the chapter. The anime opening also has him in base during that clash. It's pretty crazy to imagine how strong even his base is now that I think about it..

Hmm. Doesn't Luffy have a build-up period until he starts to remotely use his full haki/power though, given that he even lost a headbutt duel with Ulti right before initiating his fight with Kaidou and Big Mom?

Meaning, will he immediately take Lucci seriously?

Luffy didn't even know he could imbue Haoshoku Haki like that when he fought Ulti.

Oh. My memory seems to have glitched then.

Buso emission is dura neg, which is why Kaido dodged it, not AP.

The anime is an entirely different case, but that's (unfortunately) not canon.
It isn't, emission is the striking without touching while internal destruction is Dura neg.

Base Luffy in 1026 drew blood from Zoan Kaidou's head with an emission punch.

It isn't, emission is the striking without touching while internal destruction is Dura neg.
Exactly my point.

Outside of G4, he has no High 6-A stuff without Haoshoku Infusion.

So you could argue he isn't actually Yonko lvl since his real base isn't High 6-A, lol
Base Luffy in 1026 drew blood from Zoan Kaidou's head with an emission punch.
Dura neg and he already had Hao Infusion, so what's your point? This only supports my notion that without Hao, his isn't High 6-A without G4.

Exactly my point.

Outside of G4, he has no High 6-A stuff without Haoshoku Infusion.

So you could argue he isn't actually Yonko lvl since his real base isn't High 6-A, lol
Really isn't your point at all, I just provided a base High 6-A feat without Hao.
Dura neg and he already had Hao Infusion, so what's your point? This only supports my notion that without Hao, his isn't High 6-A without G4.
Internal Destruction is Dura neg for attacking internally, Hao Infusion is being used when Lightning is shown. Luffy's emission punch drew blood from the scales on Zoan Kaidou's head.

Really isn't your point at all, I just provided a base High 6-A feat without Hao.
No, you didn't, Luffy as of 1026 was post-Hao Awakening, and even then, Emission is dura neg.

So no, his base doesn't have High 6-A Ap without Hao Infusion
Internal Destruction is Dura neg for attacking internally, Hao Infusion is being used when Lightning is shown. Luffy's emission punch drew blood from the scales on Zoan Kaidou's head.
Isn't all Buso Emission that Luffy uses dura neg?

How can you say that his 1026 punch wasn't dura neg?

No, you didn't, Luffy as of 1026 was post-Hao Awakening
And? What relevance does Luffy possessing Hao infusion have on his feats performed without hao infusion? The specific feat I'm talking about wasn't performed with hao infusion.
hoWru6G.png

and even then, Emission is dura neg.
Isn't all Buso Emission that Luffy uses dura neg?
Emission is striking without touching, it's a lower tier of buso as described by Hyogoro:
DmzNuRx.png

How can you say that his 1026 punch wasn't dura neg?
Internal destruction is dura neg for damaging them internally, Luffy's punch was an emission attack based on him striking without touching and the fact the actual damage was done to Kaidou externally not internally; Luffy's punch drew blood from Kaidou's head not his insides.

So no, his base doesn't have High 6-A Ap without Hao Infusion
Proven wrong.

And? What relevance does Luffy possessing Hao infusion have on his feats performed without hao infusion? The specific feat I'm talking about wasn't performed with hao infusion.
hoWru6G.png

Emission is striking without touching, it's a lower tier of buso as described by Hyogoro:
DmzNuRx.png

Internal destruction is dura neg for damaging them internally, Luffy's punch was an emission attack based on him striking without touching and the fact the actual damage was done to Kaidou externally not internally; Luffy's punch drew blood from Kaidou's head not his insides.
Ok, then, but technically that's only when Luffy's using Buso Emission.

Would all of Luffy's Buso attacks even without Emission scale to that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back