• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1059: "The Matter involving Captain Koby" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eminiteable

He/Him
Friday the thread will be updated with fan translations for the chapter and on Sunday the official release will be out.

Link to the Official Release:
Viz

Discussions not related to the chapter should be discussed in the General Discussion Thread Here.

Spoilers will be discussed in this thread. try not to derail this thread.

Last edited:
o_O i mean boa is gonna say no, but will BB try and kidnap her lol.

oda's just throwing stuff out at this point to set up the final arc quicker.(based on current spoilers)

It seems Blackbeard doesn't want to be left behind with the formation of the Cross Guild Troops with the joining of Mihawk and Sir. Crocodile. Of course it makes sense if Blackbeard wants to recruit her in addition to the individual strength of Hancock as well as a fairly strong Kuja army. Hancock's chances of rejecting him are also high considering that Blackbeard's past influence is related to Ace's execution and her connection to Luffy.

Rayleigh has active Bounty is because he consistently help some pirates in few occasions, but his bounty below 2 billion is this indicating that his threat in the past doesnt had that much value as individual level of threat as Mihawk?
With this information I dont want to expect much with Shanks' crews' bounty..

Marine took another L. even with SSG that they said would replace the Warlord lmao, Sabo with few good mens stay safe and sound after he saved Kuma in the Mariejois even CP0 and 2 Admirals was there, Shanks fodderized Greenbull, Failed to catch the ex-warlord and Their SSG is dissapointing.

Revealing Hancock's past will not reduce her credibility because from the beginning Hancock had a bad history as a pirate and did not reduce her :love:beauty:love: after all.

bruh, I knew there was gonna have to be some way to get BB’s bounty above Luffy’s no matter what but 4B, for that(atleast what we know so far)… :(

White hair, brown skin, black wings. So the new weapons are lunarian from the looks of it. Or at least has lunarian features and likely their powers. We did learn from King’s flashback that he was kept at Punk Hazard and being experimented on by the government. So I guess the new weapon will be Pacifista + Lunarian. So a watered down but mass produced Kuma + Kizaru + King combined.

White hair, brown skin, black wings. So the new weapons are lunarian from the looks of it. Or at least has lunarian features and likely their powers. We did learn from King’s flashback that he was kept at Punk Hazard and being experimented on by the government. So I guess the new weapon will be Pacifista + Lunarian. So a watered down but mass produced Kuma + Kizaru + King combined.
Bruh that sounds OP

The new pacifista are named after some type of angels continuing the Lunarians' god theme.
So the Love Love Fruit was what that "thing" BB was refering to/going after during Wano.
Since Coby became relavent again, does anybody think we'll get a flashbak to the Rocky Port Incident?

Are we sure he retreated though? Or was it more of a Rayleigh arrives at the nick of time at end of the chapter to save the day type of deal?
No idea, they list coby being abducted after Rayleigh arrives to "halt the conflict"/"save the day" which made me assume they abducted him and left after Ray appeared. Could be wrong though.

Oh right also for those that are curious about the pun in Blackbeard’s bounty of 3.996 billion

Blackbeard = Kurohige

Kuro = Kyu-roku = 96

Hence 3.996 billion

Don’t know why Hancock’s bounty is that way though. Not exactly well versed in the numbering pun but Blackbeard’s was pretty easy to figure out based on Whitebeard’s bounty being numbered after white (shiro) which in numbers is 46 as that can be read as shi-roku.

Seems like Old Ray was able to make even current BB retreat.
Yeah, it seems to be confirmed that Old Ray made BB retreat like Shanks
1UKp9GI.png
iOu2nfX.png

Last edited:
Seems like Old Ray was able to make even current BB retreat.
I guess there won't be any more " Kizaru will be BB's hype tool " stuff since Old Rayleigh ( equal to Kizaru ) scared him off. Unless this was just a dumb moment to wank him like how Oda made Shanks scare off Aramaki.
How ever, they DID say only "halted". And that doesn't really mean he made him retreat, but think about it: Hancock turned most of his crewmates into stone, and hell, perhaps even all of his crewmates besides him, and he's left to fight her alone, and then Rayleigh shows up, and this isn't counting the army of women she has at her side as well, who all have armament haki. I doubt he'd really try to fight all of them at once, honestly.
Also, I think the whole " Blackbeard captures Koby " thing is clearly leading to the straw hats going to save him and having a war with the Blackbeard Pirates, and Koby also showing his worth and strength by beating one of the commanders. Also IIRC Law was going to Blackbeard's island wasn't he? If so then he might be in that fight too.

Also IIRC Law was going to Blackbeard's island wasn't he? If so then he might be in that fight too.
No it was Kid that was going to Blackbeard’s island Beehive. Based on the map from that magazine, Law would be going to Elbaf while Luffy would be going to Sphinx.

Seraphim are obviously derived from Lunarians. Jesus- imagine pacifistas as durable as King.
Why BB even wants Hancock's fruit is beyond me. Luffy would neg it, unless it functions differently with every user. Rayleigh's a potential victim of the 'sensei death' trope

Seraphim are obviously derived from Lunarians. Jesus- imagine pacifistas as durable as King.
Why BB even wants Hancock's fruit is beyond me. Luffy would neg it, unless it functions differently with every user. Rayleigh's a potential victim of the 'sensei death' trope
Blackbeard clearly just wants an excuse to show off that sexy bod of his.

oda makes a vegapunk robot contrary to its name

pacifista means people who reject violence and war, but we get pacifista as heartless robots and become soldiers of war

seems sepharim will also be the same, instead of being pure-hearted and radiant angels, they will become killing machines and they are made to have brown claws and black wings perfectly matched

oda makes a vegapunk robot contrary to its name

pacifista means people who reject violence and war, but we get pacifista as heartless robots and become soldiers of war

seems sepharim will also be the same, instead of being pure-hearted and radiant angels, they will become killing machines and they are made to have brown claws and black wings perfectly matched
Vegapunk is literally a slave for marine, dude just want to experimenting and inventing something best for mankind but all of his invention got misused

And yep, i knew that Hancock situation are very dire right now compared to the other former Shichibukai
And considering we'll likely get a fight between Kidd and BB i hope that, at least Kidd would take Hancock or something like that

And yep, i knew that Hancock situation are very dire right now compared to the other former Shichibukai
And considering we'll likely get a fight between Kidd and BB i hope that, at least Kidd would take Hancock or something like that
Kid would probably try taking Hancock just to piss off Luffy.

Oda at the beginning of Wano: Hancock, Sabo, and Vivi are in trouble
Oda at the end of Wano: Sabo is now an emperor, saved Kuma, and seemingly beat or escaped the admiral duo with his group. Oh, also, Hancock clapped the marines and most of Blackbeard's crew, and scared him off along with Rayleigh and her tribe.

Oda at the beginning of Wano: Hancock, Sabo, and Vivi are in trouble
Oda at the end of Wano: Sabo is now an emperor, saved Kuma, and seemingly beat or escaped the admiral duo with his group. Oh, also, Hancock clapped the marines and most of Blackbeard's crew, and scared him off along with Rayleigh and her tribe.
Poor Vivi, looks like she's the only one who are really in trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back