• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1043: "Let us die together" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw, I never said Whitebeard/Blackbeard's quakes wouldn't work against Luffy, I said Luffy's rubber fruit should allow him to resist some of the damage as it can likely bounce it off. (Assuming Luffy's fruit still has the properties of Rubber)

Btw, I never said Whitebeard/Blackbeard's quakes wouldn't work against Luffy, I said Luffy's rubber fruit should allow him to resist some of the damage as it can likely bounce it off. (Assuming Luffy's fruit still has the properties of Rubber)
But the Gura Gura no mi produces internal shockwaves - same as Law's attacks, Impact dial etc.

this didn't ever help him against any other internal shockwave in the entire series
It did. Any other person would be dead if their organs were affected by internal shockwaves like Lucci's.

Rubber is capable of resisting shockwaves better than natural organs, so it definitely helped him tank a few more. (Unless we assume Luffy's body simply doesn't hold that property of rubber, and he tanked the shockwaves by sheer will power, since Lucci's was definitely stronger than his normal durability)

It did. Any other person would be dead if their organs were affected by internal shockwaves like Lucci's.

Rubber is capable of resisting shockwaves better than natural organs, so it definitely helped him tank a few more. (Unless we assume Luffy's body simply doesn't hold that property of rubber, and he tanked the shockwaves by sheer will power, since Lucci's was definitely stronger than his normal durability)
He definitely resists it. To put it to perspective- Enel's redirection via Impact Dial KILLED HIM
Luffy tanks it just fine. There's resistance to comparable AP to his dura, but it's likely less like than regular external damage tanking.

He definitely resists it. To put it to perspective- Enel's redirection via Impact Dial KILLED HIM
Luffy tanks it just fine. There's resistance to comparable AP to his dura, but it's likely less like than regular external damage tanking.
No.

Enel took a Reject Dial to his Heart. A reject dial is 10x stronger than an Impact Dial.
Luffy took an Impact Dial and was bitching.

Enel died to a Reject Dial. Reject Dial is 10x stronger than an Impact Dial.

No.

Enel took a Reject Dial to his Heart. A reject dial is 10x stronger than an Impact Dial.
Luffy took an Impact Dial and was bitching.
Oh yeah- I confused them. We haven't heard about those for years now
Regardless, Luffy took an Impact Dial that absorbed his own AP to the face, and it uses internal vibrations. If he wasn't resistant on the inside wouldn't that just scramble his brain?

Oh yeah- I confused them. We haven't heard about those for years now
Regardless, Luffy took a Reject Dial that absorbed his own AP to the face, and it uses internal vibrations. If he wasn't resistant on the inside wouldn't that just scramble his brain?
Luffy took an Impact Dial... Not an Reject Dial. If he did, it would've done 10x the damage his attack did.

On the topic of internal vibrations- you guys said GEAR FOURTH Luffy specifically, right?
Haki does seem to resist internal vibrations and shockwaves, otherwise Garp would've felt it when he clashed with Chinjao. And Luffy used haki when clashing with Chinjao as well.

If this is G4 Luffy then he's resisting internal vibrations regardless (especially if FS lets him see where they'd hit him)

Can somebody remind me how Enel is still around (well commanding a robot army at a moon at least) if he died at one point? Also how did his death happen?

Can somebody remind me how Enel is still around (well commanding a robot army at a moon at least) if he died at one point? Also how did his death happen?
He essentially defibrillated himself using his lightning powers - which restarted his heart. Wyper actually technically killed him using the Reject dial

Wyper (from Skypiea) basically weakened Enel with Seastone in his skates, then he killed him with a Reject Dial to his heart, which put him down completely.
Before Enel's Devil Fruit left his body (mimicking this chapter when Luffy still has his powers even when dead, and WB's death when he still had his powers), he used his Goro Goro powers to restart his heart, essentially reviving himself.

Last edited:
Wyper (from Skypiea) basically weakened Enel with Seastone in his skates, then he killed him with a Reject Dial to his heart, which put him down completely.
Before Enel's Devil Fruit left his body (mimicking this chapter when Luffy still has how powers even when dead, and WB's death when he still had his powers), he used his Goro Goro powers to restart his heart, essentially reviving himself.
Sheesh... Enel is intimidating af. Wyper has some insane courage and guts

Wyper did something that only he and Zoro really have done in the entirety of One Piece and that is to (at least temporarily) take down the main villain of the arc before Luffy got to him

Zoro ain't never kill the main villain tho.

Wyper ran up to him while injured and killed him.
Granted, he revived himself tho, which is unfair, but he got antagonist killer on HOF

I don’t think Hody was drugged up during that moment when Zoro one shot him
Hody's crew had gained access to the drugs before the strawhats reached Fishman Island and were regularly using them in fights, but I don't know for sure if Hody was actually drugged while fighting Zoro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back